Why are some members so mean here?

12346»

Replies

• InnerSkinnyGirl
    InnerSkinnyGirl Posts: 12 Member
    People like that are generally unhappy with themselves. If we ignore their posts they won't get the reaction they are seeking and will eventually fade away. If we maintain the culture here they will soon realize that they don't "fit" and leave.

I just ignore them and stay above the fray. Im not here for high school mean girl foolishness. I am here to lose weight, support others on the same journey and get back into my skinny girl clothes. Thats it! LOL Anything else is just unnecessary.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    No, I've never experienced anything negative here. You didn't provide details of the so-called "attack" so I'm going to assume it really wasn't that bad. Don't be so sensitive, grow up, and just ignore people who are "mean."

I unfortunately agree. . .i looked at the posts and found nothing nasty. . .i'm sorry the original poster felt she was attacked, but I didnt' see anything worth getting this upset over
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    I've just been reading that thread. I have to say, I didn't notice any posts that were overly rude.

Your original post gave very badly thought out advice, presented as fact. People did point that out. I think they're sick of seeing the same wrong ideas over and over.

I'm curious as to what you hope to achieve with this petty, passive-aggressive attack on people who disagree with your poorly researched opinions.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    There should be if there isn't a guide for newbs to forums on the internet and it should inform people that they should get their bearings before they barrel in with topics that have been discussed repeatedly etc.

There is a meme - LURK MOAR.

Or, in polite English, sit around and quietly watch people until you've got a handle on the community.
  • Hi,

I cant say as I have seen anything yet, but I'm new so not seen much. That said when I was doing "Slimming Word" it was like being at "AA" and everyone slagging each other off for gaining a lb or so.. there are always some high and mighty people who just need to shut their mouth and get back in their box if they have noting helpfull to say! - Sad really but some just find it easy to "Chelp" at people from behind a keyboard when really they know sweet FA.

Dont let it bother you, just report the post and ignore them..

Keep ya chin up

Andy
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I have had nothing but support and positivity, like some of the others here I took a look at the thread that I assume the OP is referring to and seriously no one is being 'mean', it is a case of over sensitivity I think and i hope that the support of everyone on here will help the OP overcome the feeling that people who don't agree with everything you say are being 'mean'.

MFP is full of all sorts of people, some are opinionated and some are quiet and shy, some are angry and motivated, some are passive and unmotivated, some are keen and active, some are lurkers, but we are all here to lose weight in our own way. Please don't let the easy misunderstanding of the written word (after all over half of communication is NON verbal) make you feel threatened and unsupported. Find positivity in things, it will make your life much happier.

Good luck in your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    I'm curious as to what you hope to achieve with this petty, passive-aggressive attack on people who disagree with your poorly researched opinions.

This made me chuckle. :drinker:

Like "how dare you not agree with me". :laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Reading some of the posts in this thread, I think some of you are proving her point. :huh:
This discussion has been closed.