30 Day Challenge Part 2

Options

Replies

• singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Litehouse bleu cheese dressing, so I just use it sparingly and account for the calories. In the past, I have mixed in a little milk, and found that I still get the good flavor, and the thinner consistency spreads over the salad greens better. Gonna have to start doing that again.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

I'm at 199.8 today, down 2.8 from last week. Under 200 for the first time since last fall!

Congrats Singer to getting the heck out of the 200's!!!! YAAAAY!!!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • singer201
    Options
    Thank you! I just hope this wasn't the easy part. I haven't been much below 190 in about three years, so that will be a happy milestone, too.

I say it again--this challenge is the BEST! I haven't been outside walking this much since I sent my horse to my daughter in Montana 3 years ago. See the correlation between enjoyable exercise and weight maintenance?????
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Great information aab and singer! And congrats singer on getting out of the 200's! It's a great feeling! I've been there!
    I bought some of the salad spritzers and can't wait to try them out on my salad for supper tonight, they will be a great way to practice portion control. I made a home made pizza today, it was soooo good and so easy to make. It wins over store bought already made pizza any day!
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @jess - My hubby and I have both been into tortilla pizzas lately. Super easy and very low cal! just add sauce, low cal cheese and any toppings you want to a tortilla, put it straight onto oven rack and cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp 5 minutes-ish. I make mine with whole wheat tortillas.

got my greens in today - salad with mixed greens for lunch and lettuce mix on my turkey burger.
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    @jess - My hubby and I have both been into tortilla pizzas lately. Super easy and very low cal! just add sauce, low cal cheese and any toppings you want to a tortilla, put it straight onto oven rack and cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp 5 minutes-ish. I make mine with whole wheat tortillas.

got my greens in today - salad with mixed greens for lunch and lettuce mix on my turkey burger.

those sound good! I have some tortillas right now in the fridge I need to use up! thanks for the idea!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of cold food, but I find that a quick sauté (or microwave in a pinch) softens and warms the greens enough for me. Spinach is great dropped in a soup or stir fry. I also really like making a quick peanut sauce for quick microwaved kale---it's a quick side dish, and can be easily packed for lunch.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    SW: 155
    2/21: 154
    2/28: 153
    CW: 152

Not really what I was going for at the beginning of the challenge, but I am definitely happy seeing a smaller number on the scale each week. The one disappointing thing is like someone else said, I weighed myself on Saturday and was 150.5. Don't really know where that number came from, and I knew I was going to be back up today, but it was nice thinking I had lost that much weight in 5 days.

I've been eating a lot more salads recently. I wasn't able to make one before I left this morning, but I did eat a healthy one at work today. My favorite greens are the Earthbound Farm Organic Mixed Baby Greens.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good evening,
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    :smile: Down 2 lbs from last time. At 175 lbs.. My goal is to get to 165 by April 15th. That when I leave for a girls trip for a week. I 'm going shopping the week before. Need to buy a new swim suit. Its hard to find meals that my family will eat.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Just had my spinach salad with grilled chicken strips for dinner. I put green bell peppers, fresh mushrooms, bacon bits, cheddar cheese and chipotle cheddar tortilla strips (really good) on mine and ended up just using a light olive oil and vinegar dressing on mine. It was delicious! I could only eat 11/2 cups on spinach,, says a serving size is 3 cups. I could never eat that much spinach!
  • singer201
    Options
    I goofed when I said I was having a main dish green salad for dinner at work--today's my day off, and I momentarily forgot! I'm still having a nice baby greens/spinach salad with all the different veggies on it as a side to my steak tonight

I'm also cooking up some of the feta cheese-stuffed chicken to have on hand in the freezer for packable dinner entrees.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I discovered something today when my friend and I went to McDonalds. I grew up loving the golden arches. I couldn't get enough. Lately IF I go out I usually opt for taco bell and get 2 soft tacos, but my friend really wanted McDonald's. I had some nuggets and fries and, honestly, it didn't taste that great. I was amazed that something that I used to beg, plead, and bribe for was something that kinda grossed me out now. I guess it shows how much my eating habits have changed.
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I took my kids to McDonalds today as well. They had earned a "special treat" from points they've been collecting and that was what they wanted. I couldn't believe how UNAPPEALING it was to me! I actually felt kinda sick. The funny thing is that not one of my kids actually finished their Happy Meal. When a 7 and 8 year old end up wanting something other than their fries and nuggets, you know lifestyles are changing!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    I haven't been to McDonalds since I joined on here nearly 4 weeks ago. I used to go regularly until I checked their calories online. Ouch! It's best for me to avoid that place and since I have no small children, it is easy to do! Occasionally I would treat myself to a caramel frappe about once a week but when I seen that a small one is 450 calories,,, that was the end of that! Eek!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    I'm at 199.8 today, down 2.8 from last week. Under 200 for the first time since last fall!

WOO HOO!!!! Doesn't it feel amazing!
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    We went through the McDonalds drive thru today too! Easy to do with a 3 year old, I'd like to stay away from there if at all possible. When I pulled up I didn't see a thing on that menu I wanted. So I opted for a nonfat sugar free vanilla latte, very very low on calories! I used to eat and eat McDonalds fries and I didn't even care about them today. Yes, it is interesting how our eating habits have changed. I also was excited to get home and try my new salad spritzers(which saves me a ton on the sodium now) and I didn't want McDonalds to ruin it!

Ok, tomorrows challenge:

Try something new! I mean as in food-wise. Since starting this new way of eating I've tried all kinds of new things. Greek yogurt, Silk Soy Milk (chocolate) which is yummy, wheat pizza crust, and the list goes on. I really love it! All this variety makes me hate fast food now! Tomorrow I'm going to see what I can try that is new. Let us know what you tried, share with us!
  • singer201
    Options
    I eat at McDonald's every day! (It's my last name--LOL).

My new food this week is feta cheese. I bought it on a whim, and so far, I've put in on salads, in omelets, and in stuffed chicken. Just something to make the same food taste a little different.
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Ha ha singer:) Is that really your last name? Hmm there aren't too many food I haven't tried although I have not tried feta cheese either. I've heard so many people talking about it lately plus that chicken stuffed with feta cheese sounds divine:)