Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• CamHan
    CamHan Posts: 4
    Options
    Okay, starting weight: 182.0. I am also new to this, and this will be my first challenge! Really excited. Hope to be under 175 by March 21st (the day I leave to go to Vegas). Have A LOT of work to do.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I will try yet again. not so good last month.
    Robin, My Feb was not the greatest either but we can do it this month.. I'll motivate you if you''l motivate me!!Phyljen

Can I get in on this Robin and Phylien? I had a bad February also and have been gaining, but Spring always adds motivation for me and I know I can do this, just like I know you both can! :flowerforyou:

Here are my weigh in results...
    Mar 1: 159.2 (up from 155 Feb 1)
    Mar 4:
    Mar 11:
    Mar 18:
    Mar 25:
    Mar 31:

[Goal weight 154]
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Robin, My Feb was not the greatest either but we can do it this month.. I'll motivate you if you''l motivate me!!Phyljen

Can I get in on this Robin and Phylien? I had a bad February also and have been gaining, but Spring always adds motivation for me and I know I can do this, just like I know you both can! :flowerforyou:

Mar 4:
    Mar 11:
    Mar 18:
    Mar 25:
    Mar 31:

[Goal weight 154]

Hey I want in TOO!!! I can't believe I'm typing this but there is a TWO in front of my weight again :sad:

My SW for March 1st: 201.2 lbs :sad:

So yes - I gained 3.6 lbs in February! :cry: I am not updating my ticker to reflect that....YET. If I don't show a loss in the next few days, then yes I will update it. Right now I think its from the sodium fest weekend and TOM showing up a week early. :huh:

Welcome to all the newbies this month! I hope you are all on board for the BMK Challenges. I know I am! Gotta love my pal Bru for starting me in this challenge last summer. It really helped kick it up a notch & the weight dropped off. Now here's to that happening again! :drinker:
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Kelly. TOM showed up a week early for me too :grumble: But it showed up after I weighed in today which is probably my only saving grace this morning. I know how determined you are, that 2 will be history in no time. Remember, 155 together by the end of the year is very possible for us both. I say the end of the year, but not Dec.. I think Sept/Oct ish. We got this. And if we get there earlier great, and if it does take a little longer, so be it. We just had our first Thanksgiving/Christmas season on this new lifestyle journey, so we weren't sure how to take it. We've been through summer before and rocked it out, so spring should be pretty spiff too :happy:
  • desiree0625
    desiree0625 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in! Starting weight 165.4

March 1st. -
    March 8th. -
    March 15th. -
    March 22nd. -
    March 31st. -
  • mjv91199
    mjv91199 Posts: 6
    Options
    Just joined MFP and this challenge would be great to get me headed in the right direction!
    March 1 - 203lbs.

Looking to be out of the 200's for good after this challenge:smile:
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am in! Starting weight 158lbs

March 1st. - 158lbs
    March 8th. -
    March 15th. -
    March 22nd. -
    March 31st. -
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    March 1st 175
    March 4th
    March 11th
    March 18th
    March 25th
    March 31st/April1st

Thanks for a challenge I can do BRU!!! On it today :bigsmile:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Mar 4:
    Mar 11:
    Mar 18:
    Mar 25:
    Mar 31:

[Goal weight 154]
    JENN Of course I'd love for you to join in. You are always an inspiration to me. Let's just peel of those pounds this month. WE CAN DO IT. We'll MARCH OUT OF THESE BODIES and enjoy the NEW APRIL LOOKS! Phyljen:wink:
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm in!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jamebec
    Jamebec Posts: 1
    Options
    I need some motivation.... count me in!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    welcome back everyone. I will be weighinging weekly this month to see if it will make a difference

March 1 196
    March 7
    March14
    March 21
    March 28
    March 31
  • ToeKneeRay
    ToeKneeRay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Let's do this :)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am in my start weight is

SW 154lb

GW 149lb Wooooo 40's

I lost 1lb today, so I shall add that on to my terrible feb total of 1lb and make that 2lb last month.
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I accept, This looks like fun. Losing is so much easier since I'm documenting things on here.
    Thanks for the challenge and I wish everyone luck.

ps. If anyone wants to add me as a friend they are more than welcome. We all could use more friends.

Have a blessed day everybody, April
  • srbeach83
    Options
    I think I can handle 5lbs in March!! What about you HalfnHalf??
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'll do this one too!

Starting weight March 1st - 186.7

:)
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for one week and have gained two pounds! I have been doing strength training and am not too discouraged as the last time I lost weight, I gained five pounds in the first few weeks. A challenge sounds great! If I keep gaining weight, I may just start posting measurements in desperation!

SW 237
    March 31st GW 229
    GW 150
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Kelly-
    Hell yeah! Your going to destroy that 2 in no time!

Bru-
    I have no doubt in my mind that you will reach 155 by Sept/Oct, I still remember your post about wearing your weight while you walked and you have been inspiring me ever since. You so got this girl!

Phyljen-
    I’m so happy to read your posts again, I feel happier just knowing your back home with your MFP family.

Welcome to everyone who is new to the group! :flowerforyou:

I did my hour walk today, and it feels great to be eating healthy and moving again. (Thanks for the challenge Bru :heart: )
    I feel like March is going to be a great weight loss month for us. Summer time is always a great help for me because I work less and have more time to exercise and I am hoping that spring helps get me into gear before my summer hours start so I can hit the ground running!