Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm joining! A day late, but I'm in anyway!

February was my first month to MFP. It took me a little while to get used to how my body reacts to decreasing calories and adding much more exercise into my life. It took my 3 weeks to finally lose 3 pounds, and last week I carelessly ate it all away. I was also ion a 10 lb. challenge during February, and failed obviously, so I'm going for 5 lbs. this month!

Starting weight (as of last night at the gym): 148.4
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!!

I've had a few questions via messages about BMK... here it is again:
    BMK Challenge is back! For those who don't know what that is... it's a set of 2 exercise challenges and 1 food challenge that a group of my friends and I pick each Monday and they run through Sunday. I'll post the set every Monday on here. You DO NOT have to join them if you are doing the 5lb challenge. It's just something extra as a push if needed.

I WILL post them every Monday morning. I have been asked about making a separate thread for this challenge and I do NOT plan to. I'd rather keep everyone here.

*Remember* the BMK Challenge is meant to be friendly but a challenge is still just that, a challenge. Not all are meant to be fun and easy.

This week until Sunday:
    Exercise 1 : Walk for 1hr each day for 4days, can be 1hr staright or broken into bits throughout the day. Just get in a full hour!
    Exercise 2 : 100 calf raises total for the week
    Food : Sodium..keep your intake between 1600-2000 3days this week
  • amarshall9600
    Options
    I am gonna do it too!:tongue:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I'm in FAILED January and February so maybe March is my month.

Last March was when I quit breastfeeding and really want to "try" and lose weight. This March I want to get back on track and stick to it.

I weighed in this morning at :sad: 145.1 so I have gained back pretty much everything I lost this year.
    It is my TOM so hopefully that is contributing.

March 2 - 145.1
  • sandylh76
    Options
    I'm in! This is my first challenge here I'm exited, will post my weight every Tuesday? Good luck everybody! Let's do this!.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!!! I peeked at the scale this morning & it likes me again. Lets just hope it keeps being nice to me! I got one day of walking done for BMK and 2 days of kicking sodiums *kitten* so far this week for BMK Challenge. Today I'm working on those calf raises! That'll help me get ready for all my dancing in heels this Saturday at the Mardi Gras Ball with CJ! I'm starting to get nervous! Its our first black tie event together! I've been to several before, but not with CJ. Why am I nervous? Its just dinner & dancing at one awesome charity event! I just hope the food is good because I shelled out $180 a plate for this thing! :laugh: Oh well its for the children. :flowerforyou:
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im in for the challenge! Would be a great start for me!
  • CocoMartha
    Options
    I managed to lose 7 in February, so I'm in! :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!!! I peeked at the scale this morning & it likes me again. Lets just hope it keeps being nice to me! I got one day of walking done for BMK and 2 days of kicking sodiums *kitten* so far this week for BMK Challenge. Today I'm working on those calf raises! That'll help me get ready for all my dancing in heels this Saturday at the Mardi Gras Ball with CJ! I'm starting to get nervous! Its our first black tie event together! I've been to several before, but not with CJ. Why am I nervous? Its just dinner & dancing at one awesome charity event! I just hope the food is good because I shelled out $180 a plate for this thing! :laugh: Oh well its for the children. :flowerforyou:

This sounds so fun! I hope you have a blast. My legs hurt sooooo much today so be careful!
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I AM SO IN!!!!
  • SueSee
    SueSee Posts: 65
    Options
    That will be a nice cap to my first month.:wink: Count me in!
  • Polished07
    Options
    I'm uber late but I'm in!
  • Polished07
    Options
    Sorry I'm new to this hello to everyone in the challenge ;-) my starting weight is 168.8 March 1
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    IM IN! starting weight- 144. Hopefully this challeng will helpme get to my mini goal of 140 lbs by march 26th, maybe even before! :)
  • nausicaa11
    nausicaa11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in too! Hopefully it can keep me motivated.
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ok this might be a stupid question but can someone explain to me (so I know I'm clear) how I would make a 500 calorie deficit? what I mean is, is there somewhere on here where it keeps track of that or do I have to figure it out on my own each day?
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    70 calf raises down 30 more to go... pheww!!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a really crappy eating day for me. SUPER CRAPPY! When the thing popped up and said 'If every day were like today.." I about smacked myself. But I got up this AM hit the treadmill and popped in a new Jillian Michaels DVD. Today is a fresh start. Happy Thursday to all!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm in!
    I didnt make my goal in Feb, so I am here to redeem myself, and more :)

March 1st- 190.5
    March 5-
    March 12-
    March 19-
    March 26- (goal 185.5)

This weigh in for me on saturday, may be bad.. I havent had a good week this week.. but I'll try harder the next