Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am forgetting that Feb existed for weight loss and focusing going forward. All major events are done and over with and now to focus on me:

3/1 - 179
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

Bru-
    I have no doubt in my mind that you will reach 155 by Sept/Oct, I still remember your post about wearing your weight while you walked and you have been inspiring me ever since. You so got this girl!

I did my hour walk today, and it feels great to be eating healthy and moving again. (Thanks for the challenge Bru :heart: )
    I feel like March is going to be a great weight loss month for us. Summer time is always a great help for me because I work less and have more time to exercise and I am hoping that spring helps get me into gear before my summer hours start so I can hit the ground running!

Thank you!! I haven't worn my weight in a while due to the winter weather and my not exercising anywhere other than my living room, I may start it up again. I'm glad you got your walk on! And yes your walk on, not in :wink: Keep pushing yourself and get to moving!! You can do it!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Evening all....super busy...just wanted to post my weight for 3/1/11---- 168
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Got my 1 hour of walking done just now (actually went 62 minutes just to get HRM to 500 calories burned). But I am still not taking it outside. The temp has been dropping all afternoon and there is a wind chill right around 0. Yuck! I am so ready to walk and run outside again. I also got an hour bike ride done during the kiddies nap time today. March is off to a good start!

Good night!

Terri
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Kelly. TOM showed up a week early for me too :grumble: But it showed up after I weighed in today which is probably my only saving grace this morning. I know how determined you are, that 2 will be history in no time. Remember, 155 together by the end of the year is very possible for us both. I say the end of the year, but not Dec.. I think Sept/Oct ish. We got this. And if we get there earlier great, and if it does take a little longer, so be it. We just had our first Thanksgiving/Christmas season on this new lifestyle journey, so we weren't sure how to take it. We've been through summer before and rocked it out, so spring should be pretty spiff too :happy:

We've been thru this entire journey together so far, Bru. So I know with you by my side we will both succeed! Its so weird that we both hit the ruts together! :laugh: Now we can come out of our holes together! Yep its like Groundhog Day! :laugh: My original goal when I started this 295 days ago was to hit 159 by my 40th birthday in October. When I changed it to 155 I have no idea....:huh: but anyway - with the determination we both have, we will hit this together! :bigsmile:

All you newbies take note....Bru will help each & every one of you kick some *kitten*. She is one amazing woman! :flowerforyou:

I'm the K in the BMK challenge that she shares and they are the best challenges! Jump aboard if you need an extra push or just to challenge yourself to do just a bit more. They are what helped me get to where I am today.

I got my first 1 hour walk in today and day 2 of kicking sodiums *kitten* is done as well! :drinker: :bigsmile: Tomorrow I'm going to start my calf raises too!
  • lockedonna
    Options
    I'm in as well. That is actually what my goal is anyway! I have a bellydance performance first weekend in April so losing a few more pounds would be awesome!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Okay! So February I didn't make my goal of 5 lbs... but I did lose 3.7. It's a loss at any rate. March is the month to kick butt!
    March 1: 215.6
    March 31: Really really want 210! (209.9 would really make me happy....)
    Giddy up!!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Kelly-
    Hell yeah! Your going to destroy that 2 in no time!

Bru-
    I have no doubt in my mind that you will reach 155 by Sept/Oct, I still remember your post about wearing your weight while you walked and you have been inspiring me ever since. You so got this girl!

Phyljen-
    I’m so happy to read your posts again, I feel happier just knowing your back home with your MFP family.

Welcome to everyone who is new to the group! :flowerforyou:

I did my hour walk today, and it feels great to be eating healthy and moving again. (Thanks for the challenge Bru :heart: )
    I feel like March is going to be a great weight loss month for us. Summer time is always a great help for me because I work less and have more time to exercise and I am hoping that spring helps get me into gear before my summer hours start so I can hit the ground running!
    did day two of the 30 day shred. OUCH. I have sore shoulders. but I don't care. It is going to be worth it. Phyljen
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is the only day of the week that I try to get my gym time in at night. Every other day it's 5am. So...it takes a little different motivation for me to get there at the END of the day after work and the kids have settled down. Gotta get through a few hours and then get my BUTT MOVING to shake of the 5lbs!!
  • Browneyez26
    Options
    Ok i never posted my starting weight

Starting Weight: 179lbs
    Current Weight: 172lbs
    Goal Weight (for Challenge): 167 lbs (yay :happy: it would be awesome to be in the 160's again, havent been there in over a year)
    Overall Goal: 125lbs
  • annasid78
    annasid78 Posts: 99
    Options
    Well my weigh in yesterday was accurate. Still the same today. Bummer! I am up 4 lbs. So my starting weight is 268.4
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    finally found you guys! I'm in for another month! If i can get 5 more lbs I will be 20lbs total since January!!! Things are slowing down a bit, but thats b/c I have got off my routine when my son had the flu, then I had the stomach flu...i haven't exercised for almost 2 weeks now :( I'm changing that today! even if its just playing on the wii, gotta get moving and drinking the water again!

March 1...183.8
    3/7
    3/14
    3/21
    3/28
    3/31....178 (goal weight)
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in for another month. My starting weight for March is 186 (which is 5 pounds less than my starting weight for February was). :smile:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Note to self : Do NOT Eat the Delisious Pizza at Flying J!!!!:explode: everytime you do this you gain one or two pounds!:noway: :ohwell: You did this last weekend and the weight has finally returned to your febuary end weight! Time to kick Marches butt! Just like we kicked butt in Febuary! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • kinectamama
    Options
    I am so in! good luck to all, can't wait until the end of the month to see everyone's results!
  • Kassondrab
    Options
    ME!!! I'm so down
  • lduffee
    lduffee Posts: 14
    Options
    You are ON! That is doable for each one of us! :tongue:
  • kasargent
    kasargent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since I am having trouble with my goals, I'd love to be in on this! I weigh in on Mondays, so I'll use that as my start weight for March.
  • jennmom2three
    Options
    Me!!! Count me in!!! I am just hovering....I need to get my *kitten* in gear!!!
  • cjoneof2
    cjoneof2 Posts: 2
    Options
    In all in as well. Although I already had a goal of 5 lbs to lose by mid March, but I would for sure love to lose 5 more. When's the weigh-in?