"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options

Replies

• horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. did level 3. was feeling very tired & somehow managed to do it.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Dreaded doing day 2 of Level 2 today, but actually ended up enjoying it a bit, and kind of looking forward to it tomorrow!

Rather down on myself though - maybe you can help. I have no self control, it's it's awfully depressing. I think I did pretty good food wise, but then I get depressed over my calories, ect., and it leads me to emotiona eating. I ate some M&M's last night and Raisinets. Everyone says go for it, just in moderation, but I cant even do that. Every bite, I feel guilty, but it doesnt stop me. Any advice? Just one more thing - is anyone else confused about how many calories they should really be eating every day to lose weight? I've tried doing research, but the numbers are all over the place - anywhere from 1200-1800, that's huge! I just want to be doing things right and I don't think that I am. I want results at the end of our 30 days!!! :)

Happy Tuesday......sorry and thanks for at least letting me type out my frustrations!

Don't be so down on yourself, we're only human. We've ALL gone overboard before and if someone says they haven't, their lying! It's ok to have one of those days, but the key is to recognize you're doing it and get right back on the band wagon. Try to identify what makes you feel that you need to eat as a comfort. Is something going on at work? Somethig at home? If you can change the depressor, it should help you not emotionally eat. If you can't change it, find something new to do instead of eat. If you feel depressed, go for a walk. Clear your head and burn some calories. It's a proven fact exercise can help combat depression.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done. I started Level 2 (I'd done it before, I figure I have 5 workouts sort of bunched up, so that's where I'll start counting). Definitely some challenges, but I'm glad for my knees not to be bouncing *quite* as much and to not be doing the knee push ups. However, I'm gonna keep working on being able to do push-ups boy style.

On those lateral arm raises--you shouldn't be doing bicep curls and presses at the same weight as those arm raises because the arm raises use MUCH smaller muscle groups. I've done 2 pounds for them and 5 pounds for everything else.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 5.... OUCH!!!!

My knees were not cooperating, a twinge here & there.... so I didn't give 100%... more like 85%

Hopefully tomorrow is better!

PS... I still did the Turbo Jam Learn & Burn class afterwards....!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord- I'm a glutton for punishment.

I started level 1- day 8 today, but decided just before circuit 1 started that I wanted to try level 2. I can officially say that I'm NOT ready for level 2. I did it all the way through but had to modify a ton of the moves. I don't have the upper body strength to do plank jacks, or that horrible cross over plank thing at the end.

Sorry for wimping out girls, but I think it's going to take me longer then 30 days (even with 10 days on each level) to get this done.

I burned 366 calories during my 29 minute adventure. My face started to get tingly while I was diong it, and that's usually an indication I'm going to have an anxiety/panic attack--so I think that was my bodys way of letting me know to cool it.\

I have a Biggest Loser DVD which I'm going to start incorporating on the 15th (2 months from my start date of dieting).
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day 6- Level 1 finished! Did my 30 day shred.... it was hard.... I'm tired today.
    Also took about a 40 minute walk around my campus. I did stairs and hills so maybe that's why I didn't have as much energy for my 30 day shred.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    On those lateral arm raises--you shouldn't be doing bicep curls and presses at the same weight as those arm raises because the arm raises use MUCH smaller muscle groups. I've done 2 pounds for them and 5 pounds for everything else.

I agree with you there! I have to go down in weights for those are raises as well. The good part is that I've gone up in weigts for the bicep curls and rows.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled across this website.. and currently on day 2 of 30DS... Does it get any easier? I have a sinus infection, so the cardio is killing me.

YES! It gets MUCH easier. The first 3-4 days are pretty brutal (was for me anyways- I too got a cold). Day 6 felt awesome!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Day 8 complete! I did levels 1 and 2 and I went on my treadmill:) Seriously though...I can't stand Jillian! What's with her and all of the shoulder work...she is obsessed with shoulders :grumble: I'm certain at the end of my 30 days I am going to be so sick of her voice...it's like finger nails to a chalk board...:laugh:
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    level one, day nine. super easy the past couple of days, i have been doing 30DS in the mornings, calisthenics in the afternoons, and yoga in the evenings to mix it up. plus walking. tomorrow is my last day of level one, then i will move onto level two.

i have noticed changes in my legs (thigh and calves), and my fiance noticed my breasts were smaller (oops). my energy levels are through the roof. i do not have a weigh scale (i had an eating disorder as a teenager and will not allow myself to own one), but my clothes fit better! even my size 4 pants from high school fit again, hooray!

been struggling with appetite, once i eat breakfast in the morning, i find it hard to eat anything all day. i literally force stuff down. i am gonna start drinking milk or adding nuts here and there just so i am not starvation-dieting.

i am currently working seven days a week, saturday and sunday at my job that keeps me here in china (ECE. very active job), and monday thru friday teaching private classes to students all over the city. still, i am usually home early mornings/early afternoons/late evenings. so plenty of time to get my exercise in.

once the weather warms up here, i am going to work in jogging as well in the evenings, since it's something i can do with my fiance <3
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Just started 30DS again :)

Day 2 of L1 complete! Measurements are 36-28-38 with 23" thigh and 11.5" upper arm.

I have had fantastic results and can't wait to see my results after this round!
  • tnkbest
    tnkbest Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love it when my 6 year old comes down to do 30 day shred with me! He usually only lasts a few minutes but makes it so much more fun. He is even keeping track of what day I am on of level 2. He told me yesterday I was wrong and that I was on day 3 not 2!!! My little personal trainer. :laugh:
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 9 level 3 complete!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 done!! :bigsmile:
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Levels 1 and 2 done. I can feel myself being able to do more each day. I really need a tape measure to see how I am doing I have to get one tomorrow and take measurements.

Keep up the great work everyone!!! We are almost a third of the way through this.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Way to go lizzyb! Level 3?!? I am thinking about moving up to that level soon. Nervous though. May wait til day 15.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Day 9 level 3 complete!

Do tell....:)
  • madysmom99
    madysmom99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just got my DVD in the mail today...I had no idea what I was in for. I found muscles I didn't know existed!! Did anyone else feel like vomiting after their first workout??

Day 1 down.

Measurements
    bicep 11"
    waist 32"
    hips 41"
    thighs 23"
    bust 38.5"
  • madysmom99
    madysmom99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...how do you work out how many calories you burn during these workouts??
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Just wondering...how do you work out how many calories you burn during these workouts??

Circuit Training :smile: