"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 5, Level 1 completed!! The soreness isn't nearly as bad as when I first started and I feel my legs, back and abs getting stronger!! :bigsmile:
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done. It was hard to get through today, I wasn't mentally into it. I am just getting impatient and want to see a change.

I'm exactly like you- I just wasn't into the last day of level 1. Maybe it's because I know it's the last time I have to hear Jillian talking about the darn butt kicks (though in level 2 it's knee lifts!).

I want results and I'm impatient. So far I've lost weight but almost no inches. UGH!

Here's to level 2 tomorrow, we CAN do this!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 11 Level 2. Can't wait til day 15 and I will move to level 3. Hopefully I can handle it.
  • madysmom99
    madysmom99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 - I know I'm behind everyone here but I'm feeling encouraged by what I'm seeing in other ppl's posts. I'm starting to feel differently about myself - I know that my body isn't changing yet (I'm waiting for that!) but my attitude is. I was really not in to do the workout today - just came off night shift, body is still sore from yesterdays workout - but I did it and I was so proud of myself for pushing through.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I found some info on adapting the shred - to make it lower impact.....

See here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/190851-for-all-you-shredders-30-day-shred-2010-adaptations

Hope it helps...
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    day 8 done
    I went to the gym first and did 20 mins of cardio on the treadmill first (5 mins fast walking, 12 mins of intervals alternating slow jog and fast run, then 3 more minutes at my comfort jog pace).

I came straight home and shredded, but found it really tough after the cardio. I didn't enjoy it much.

Generally I'm not sure that doing it every day is actually good for me. I am experiencing a lot of muscle aches and pains that aren't getting any better. I think I should maybe switch to alternating the shred with some cardio on other days to give my muscles a break from all the lifting. Having started doing it daily though I don't want to change because it feels like giving up. That's silly right? I know I should listen to my body. I'm just not always very good at doing what it tells me :indifferent:

I'm feeling fed up today anyway. Now I'm knackered and have to clean my whole house because my inlaws are coming to visit later :ohwell:
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update on my measurements.

I am down 1 inch on my bust
    Down 1/2 inch on my waist
    Down 1 inch on my hips
    Down 1/2 inch on my thighs

:)
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 2, level 2 done. I am not able to get all the way through it, especially the planks, without taking a few seconds rest. I'm going to keep striving to get better everyday.

Keep up the good work all!
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be my check in day, i took my measurements yesterday but weighed myself today. its TOM so ive been munching a little more this week than usual, but im going to make it a solid weekend!

Weight: 147.8 (Gain of 2 since Tuesday)

Bust 37" (Same)
    Waist 30.5" (-1.5")
    Top Hip 38" (-1")
    Hip 43" (First time measured)
    Thigh 25" (-1")
    Arm 12.5 (-.5")
  • kerryannk
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 - I know I'm behind everyone here but I'm feeling encouraged by what I'm seeing in other ppl's posts. I'm starting to feel differently about myself - I know that my body isn't changing yet (I'm waiting for that!) but my attitude is. I was really not in to do the workout today - just came off night shift, body is still sore from yesterdays workout - but I did it and I was so proud of myself for pushing through.

Keep up the great work! I'm on day 8 today and I can't figure out if I love or hate it haha, but I'm seeing results as of recently and keep pushing myself thru the workouts too. Maybe I'll do level one and two today?

Keep rockin'
  • Mindibessler
    Mindibessler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This may have already been answered, but how many calories are burned during the 30 day shred level 1, 2, and or 3?Thanks
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This may have already been answered, but how many calories are burned during the 30 day shred level 1, 2, and or 3?Thanks

Everyone is diiferent. I think it depends on height and weight and overall fitness level. I use a heart monitor (Polar) and I'm still on level 1. I've been burning between 180 - and 200 calories per session.

Day 7 / L1 complete for me!!!
  • kerryannk
    Options
    Today is supposed to be D7L1 but i decided to take on L2 today. success! I can't believe i had the energy to take it on! gooo me! and GO ALL OF YOU! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

are we half way there yet...?
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    Day 11 done, did Level 2 today (day 4 of this level). I guess it's getting a tad bit easier, but I can just say how much I DISLIKE the entire Circuit 3 - not a fun one for me! :laugh: But, if I could ever get abs like Anita, I would be one happy girl!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1... DONE!! I'm feeling stronger!! :glasses:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Day 11 complete! Wow...this is getting easier :smile: I can hardly wait to do my measurements...I'm waiting until day 15. I also did 45 mintues of interval training on my treadmill....not too bad for a girl who wasn't feeling so hot again! I think I'm catching a cold again :grumble:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1... DONE!! I'm feeling stronger!! :glasses:

It's a good feeling, isn't it! :drinker:
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Failed the shred this morning. Boo!
    Got about 10-12 mins into it and shut it off. Worst day yet.
    I'm still getting over this darn cold (been a week now). My nose was running, coughing, and my throat was on fire. Not to mention my jaw is so sore, my wisdom teeth have decided to start coming in. Ugh!
    Going to try to get a walk or bike ride in later today as I'm feeling a littler better now after lunch.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend! Have fun but stay focused. Keep it up!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Madmaz- Thanks for posting the adaptations! I have had knee surgery 3 times on my right now, and it will never be as strong as my left so I often struggle!

I have ZERO motivation to go in there and deal with Jillian Michaels right now. Today is the first day of level 2. It's probably from my failure at it the other day and tingling face that is holding me back. I'm also getting almost nothing in results even though I'm busting my butt to get it done and do it correctly. GRR!

Update: I do go in and start 30DS, but by the time I got to the cardio in circuit 2, my left thigh muscle was screaming. It wasn't a muscle ache or pain from pushing it- it was a sharp stabbing pain any time I lunged or jumped on it. I had to quit. Sorry girls! I'll stretch more tomorrow and give it another go and see what happens. I've never had a pain like this before, so I'm not sure what it's from. Any ideas?