March 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Options
You’ve made healthy choices throughout the day and you’ve had your dinner. Then a couple of hours later, you get the urge to snack on junk food. For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but the goal is to NOT GIVE UP!

Welcome & Good Luck! :flowerforyou:

FYI:
The following is a link to an article on Late Night Snacking & Weight Gain:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=116871&page=1

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have this problem and would love to get in the habit of not eatting past 7:30pm at the lastest.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think I was doing this in January, or November? :huh: But then I fell to the side. I would like to give it another (conscious) try, since cutting off my eating in the evenings really (really) helps with my weight loss. :drinker:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aimee & Steph! :flowerforyou:
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im still in! And my cut off is still midnight because of how late I stay up.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    loveme, I love your opening post :happy:. Thanks for starting this.
    I'll keep 9 p.m. as cut-off and my long trained sense of what is a binge snacking or a healthy decent snack. :wink:.
    steph, I know you! :wink: jodilynn, so happy you're sticking with us - how did Feb end for you?

Here's to March and to all of us sticking together and beating the LNS :drinker: (tea, to be on the safe side :wink:)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    steph, I know you! :wink: jodilynn, so happy you're sticking with us - how did Feb end for you?
    :laugh: Yes! I remember you with your butterfly photo! :flowerforyou:
  • loveme445
    Options
    Thanks Dew! :smile:

This month my plan is to beat late night snacking 25 days :noway: I know its going to be a challenge but Im going to try.

So, that's no late night snacking after dinner (I use dinner as my last meal instead of a time because I take workout classes some evenings and they end at varies times)

Good Luck Everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    So, that's no late night snacking after dinner (I use dinner as my last meal instead of a time because I take workout classes some evenings and they end at varies times)
    Cool! I'm gonna try not to eat after 8:30pm. That's 2.5 hours before bed time. I usually have a snack after dinner, but I'm gonna do my best to finish that up around 8pm, so I don't go over my time. :happy:
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    This is my biggest problem and in my heart I know this is what is bringing me down...

I don't want to eat after 7PM
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    jodilynn, so happy you're sticking with us - how did Feb end for you?

It went well! I'm still at 0 for LNS! I keep telling myself that no matter how hungry I am, I cannot snack.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I'm embarrassed to say they got me first day of the month...but I am not discouraged. That's definitely as much as they are going to get from this week. Bring it on tough guy!

ME 0/LNS 1
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've messed up every day since this starte. Maybe I'll move mine as well till 8:30 as well since I don't go to bed until 11:00pm. Thoughts?
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just to let everyone know.. 3 weeks at plateau.
    3 days no late night snacking - down 1 pound!!
    I knew this was what was bringing me down!
    You guys can do it!! Maybe hit for a shorter goal... ex. "i will not eat a late night snack for 3 nights" then do it again!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 0 ~ LNS: 1

I dont know what was going on but I woke up about 2 in the morning to go to the restroom and then I ended up in the kitche eating Doritos! Go figure...Not a great start but I will beat LNS this month!

Lorna-Im in the same boat but dont worry, we'll be fine :smile:

Aimee- You dont want to set yourself up for failure so make your cut-off time reasonable. If you find that 8:30 works best for you then go for it. Take this 1st week to figure out what works best for you. Good Luck! :flowerforyou:

Heather--WOO HOO! Great Job on your Loss! :drinker: (water)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Last night I almost made it!!! But I was sooo hungry, so I had some grapes. In a yes or no world, that would have to be a:

Me: 0 ~ LNS: 1
    I've messed up every day since this starte. Maybe I'll move mine as well till 8:30 as well since I don't go to bed until 11:00pm. Thoughts?
    Sounds good! That's just like me! I might make it 9... 2 hours is before bed is still a good cut off time, and it takes me 30-60 mins to fall asleep...
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well i was doing this last month, but totally forgot about it...oopsie. :( last month was horrible anyways, but this month will be stellar :)

So far it is:

Me - 1
    LNS - 0

woot woot :D
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Alright, evening things out.
    ME 1/LNS 1
    Tonight, I beat them at their own game.
  • loveme445