March 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I'm home from NYC and hoping to get myself back on track. Any disruptions to daily life are just an excuse for throwing mfp out the window. Have to find a way to work on that. For now,
    Me: 5
    LNS: 4
    This challenge keeps saving me so I will stick w/it. Hope you all do too!! We have some great veterans in this group - inspiring.
    Zaza
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 2

Keep it up Peachy!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    WOW! this is harder than I thought. Now I realize how much I want to eat at night.:tongue:
    I just started so I will wait the next few days and see how I do.
    One question, does hot chocolate count as a snack at night?

ME: 2
    LSN: 1
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 3

Couldn't pull it to my side tonight. 1/2 a wrap is not a very filling dinner for me...
    One question, does hot chocolate count as a snack at night?
    Personally, I would say anything with calories counts if it's after my time cut-off. I would go for tea with stevia, or water, or else give it up to LNS, but it's your call. :happy: If you only have it once, then I say that's your victory!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    9 ME/1 LNS
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    Day two and going strong
    Me1 : LNS 0
    Was helped by the fact that I was out at a Jaguar Skills gig and was too busy dancing to think about snacking :happy: I'm going to a friends house party tonight though where I'm sure there will be snacks galore! going to try and resist them after 9pm!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me:6 ~ LNS: 4
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    Hey all I managed to resist the snacks at the house party, but I picked up a packet of snack a jacks on the way home. Doh! Not as bad as my usual snacking habits but i am trying to kick the LNS :blushing:
    Me 2: LNS 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    10 ME/1 LNS
    I'm giving this one to me even though I stopped eating at 10 instead of 9:30 on my late night. We didn't eat dinner til 8:30 and were out with friends. But even though I still wanted more, on the way home, we didn't stop, I didn't eat when I got home, and didn't get to bed until after midnight, and we did a little stroll after dinner (in the cold). So, still going strong.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great idea
    My prob is that on some nights I have my eve meal really early then run or do a class or both getting home about 9.45pm ie too late for a meal which is why I eat before. However, since I have usually run for about an hour and done a class I can't get home and eat nothing! So I have to have a lns. I guess on those nights I could say only fruit allowed if I am to win..
    What do others think or is that cheating?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 8 ~ LNS: 3
    So I have to have a lns. I guess on those nights I could say only fruit allowed if I am to win..
    I think that's really reasonable! To cut it off even earlier, you could take your post-workout snack with you to the gym, and eat it before you get home.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Not doing too well this week. Had friends over last night and we had drinks and popcorn.
    So much for no last night snack.
    Maybe next week will be better :tongue:
  • kkmayes
    kkmayes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article! (See below) I can do this too, and If I do snack it will be fruit.

"Just an added 300 calories in the evening after dinner while watching TV — when you're not even hungry — will pack on 30 pounds in one year," cautions Katherine Tallmadge, another spokeswoman for the the American Dietetic Association. But the reverse is true as well — cut out that evening snack altogether and you might lose 30 pounds in one year. Change it to fruit and lose 20 pounds in a year. "It's the small, easy changes you make in eating that have the most dramatic and lasting effects,"
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 9 ~ LNS: 3
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    12 me/1 LNS

Well, I had been determined that I was just going to lose the point last night and was going to eat my left over cheeseburger when I got home. Fortunately, we got stuck in some weird traffic, which gave me time to think about whether or not I really wanted it and would it still be there tomorrow. So I got home, didn't even go in the kitchen, and went to bed. Guess what? The cheeseburger is still there and will now make an ice lunch that I can burn off. Woohoo!!!!

Thank you guys for the accountability!
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    Went for cocktails with a friend on saturday night and she instisted on getting something to nibble when we got home :grumble: Last night though I managed to resist the urge

Me/4 :LNS /2

Hoping I can make it to the end of this week with no LNS! :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Went for cocktails with a friend on saturday night and she instisted on getting something to nibble when we got home :grumble: Last night though I managed to resist the urge

Me/4 :LNS /2

Hoping I can make it to the end of this week with no LNS! :drinker:

You are still ahead of the game. Great job on your success last night and not letting one late night mess you up.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    So I have to have a lns. I guess on those nights I could say only fruit allowed if I am to win..

No, not at all. You could have anything you choose to, as long as that is it. Be reasonable :smile:.

kkmayes, thank you for that quotation! We should begin next month's challenge with it. :wink:

Lorna, as usual, inspiring. :flowerforyou:
    Steph, you are doing well too :flowerforyou: - keep up the good work.
    emily, step by step. Sticking to it is the key to success. I can't even remember how long ago I started this challenge. Make a guess as to why I am still in it. OK, I'll make it easier for you: read my next post. :blushing:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It turns out that dinner has become my main meal... Sadly enough, but I don't have time during the day to prepare and eat a proper meal. Plus, I can only start eating around my cut-off. I will not up my cut-off time, because I want to keep in mind that whenever possible I should eat before 9 p.m. I don't want to make eating late a habit.

Meanwhile, I have lost a few points and earned one, so it's:
    Me: 7 - LNS: 5
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 8 ~ LNS: 5

Sorry for being MIA but last week was a bad week for me. I'll be around more this week. Have a Great Week!