Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    12 days no fast foods!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well I had some fast foods today.:grumble: This is one day and tomorrow is another day. One day at a time. So I made it 12 days without any fast foods. I have 18 more days to go. How are you doing? Check-in is tomorrow.

Have a good week everyone!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I managed the weekend! Mollie thank you! This challenge has been the catalyst I needed to get back into myself. I've re-evaluated my goals and am excited to step it up.

Don't beat yourself up too much about your fast food day. Just start again with a new day! xo
  • Coltsgirl
    Coltsgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome challange! I just found it but I can join in from here on out. Fast food is so easy and cheap that is what gets me hung up on it. I drove down a street that had ff joins on both sides for blocks , you know what I'm talkin about, and felt great for not stopping the other day. I can do this! Thanks for the challange.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I managed the weekend! Mollie thank you! This challenge has been the catalyst I needed to get back into myself. I've re-evaluated my goals and am excited to step it up.

Don't beat yourself up too much about your fast food day. Just start again with a new day! xo

Thanks Jenny!! Good for you! I am happy you are getting your mojo back.....:-) I missed you!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Awesome challange! I just found it but I can join in from here on out. Fast food is so easy and cheap that is what gets me hung up on it. I drove down a street that had ff joins on both sides for blocks , you know what I'm talkin about, and felt great for not stopping the other day. I can do this! Thanks for the challange.

Welcome Cathy!! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Lee1957
    Lee1957 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ok I am in, but I am still not familiar with MFP. Where will I find this message every week since new ones are added each week. Is there a way to link it to my profile or something so I can keep doing this. I am type 2 diabetic and I ust have to get this weight off. I am tired of medicatiion. I have lost some weight but long way to go. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this about the message board.
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    Welcome!

Clark - when you go to the community tab you see "home - recent posts- my topics-signature-search". You will now find this thread under "my topics" and the more often it is posted upon, the higher up the list it will be. hope that helps.

Mollie - "my mojo". :laugh::blushing: Ya baby ya! LOL I had insomnia really bad last night. Stupid time change. Time to get moving now and get to work. I've already logged my walk to the office and have my circuit training set out for when I get home. :smokin:
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So we're 16 days in and I've screwed up twice. Going from eating Burger King 3-4 times a week to eating it twice in over 2 weeks is something I will own and be proud of. Goal is to not do it again for the rest of the month and then make April totally clean!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I was craving a cheeseburger and fries so bad Saturday afternoon. My fiance suggested Wendy's and when I told him I was doing a no fast food challenge, he was great and said "Let's use our gift card and go get some lean ground beef and make our own". While we were at the store, we saw some bacon wrapped tenderloins which we got as well and had instead of fast food. It was a great substitute! I did opt to peel the bacon off and not eat it though, it was pretty fatty, and I don't need that. Other than that, I have had very few cravings.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    So we're 16 days in and I've screwed up twice. Going from eating Burger King 3-4 times a week to eating it twice in over 2 weeks is something I will own and be proud of. Goal is to not do it again for the rest of the month and then make April totally clean!

I agree with you Leslie!! Good job!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I was craving a cheeseburger and fries so bad Saturday afternoon. My fiance suggested Wendy's and when I told him I was doing a no fast food challenge, he was great and said "Let's use our gift card and go get some lean ground beef and make our own". While we were at the store, we saw some bacon wrapped tenderloins which we got as well and had instead of fast food. It was a great substitute! I did opt to peel the bacon off and not eat it though, it was pretty fatty, and I don't need that. Other than that, I have had very few cravings.

Good job Sarah!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    I found this pizza recipe on another post and I thought I would share. I have decided to fully cut out frozen pizza and delivery, so that leaves home baked. But, they can still be high in calories and fat and such. Here is a recipe that is supossed to be lower calories for a single serving pizza. I am going to enjoy it tonight!

Single Serving Pizza

Ingredients
    1 pita - I used Joseph's oat bran & stone ground whole wheat Pita bread (purchased at Wal-mart in the deli and just 60 calories)
    3 Tbsp. of great value brand natural pizza sauce or brand of your choice
    8 slices of hormel turkey pepperoni
    3 sliced fresh sliced mushrooms
    3 slices of sliced red onions
    1/4 cup of sliced bell peppers Pile on the veggies....they are low in calories
    1/4 cup of great value ripe black olives
    1/8 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
    Top with sauce and toppings and bake in oven at 425 until cheese is hot and bubbly. Of course, your toppings may be different so the calories may be more or less. Enjoy:)
    Note: I added a serving size of pepperoni (17) and still was only 230 calories.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    So far, so good....though I think it helps that I'm sick as a dog. I'll take it, though.
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    So far, so good....though I think it helps that I'm sick as a dog. I'll take it, though.

I got really sick once and started to love mustard for some reason during that time. Maybe your body will learn to hate (or just not be friendly with) fast food from now on. It will make this challenege so much easier!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I found this pizza recipe on another post and I thought I would share. I have decided to fully cut out frozen pizza and delivery, so that leaves home baked. But, they can still be high in calories and fat and such. Here is a recipe that is supossed to be lower calories for a single serving pizza. I am going to enjoy it tonight!

Single Serving Pizza

Ingredients
    1 pita - I used Joseph's oat bran & stone ground whole wheat Pita bread (purchased at Wal-mart in the deli and just 60 calories)
    3 Tbsp. of great value brand natural pizza sauce or brand of your choice
    8 slices of hormel turkey pepperoni
    3 sliced fresh sliced mushrooms
    3 slices of sliced red onions
    1/4 cup of sliced bell peppers Pile on the veggies....they are low in calories
    1/4 cup of great value ripe black olives
    1/8 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
    Top with sauce and toppings and bake in oven at 425 until cheese is hot and bubbly. Of course, your toppings may be different so the calories may be more or less. Enjoy:)
    Note: I added a serving size of pepperoni (17) and still was only 230 calories.

Thanks Sarah!!! No matter how you slice it homemade is better the resturant and frozen. Less sodium and calories and fresher also. I think Jenny made a hamburger at home. Again so much better for us. Even home cut potatoes are awesome for us!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I had a great day today.:happy: I did not have any Popeyes chicken for $2.99 and instead I got a Subway 6 inch with no soda and was 2 dollars more! I have a thing for cheap eats that are not good for me and I am doing no fast foods this month. I had some fast foods over the weekend once and it was one meal only. I did not let it go into a fast food binge which I have done in the past.

Today they had leftover BBQ ribs from a famous place in Chicago at work and I did not even walk that way. When the sent the emails out I had just eaten a healthy lunch. In the past I would have had my full lunch and ate the left over ribs and pizza and I would have had a lot of it too and would have went home and had a full dinner too. It is days like today I see how far I have come on this road.

Another NSV for me is I have gone 2 whole days in a row under 2000 calories.:happy: For those of you who don't know me I exercise my butt off but my food leaves a lot to be desired. So this month and going forward I really need to get that eating in hand. Because as many of you know already food is about 75% of weight loss. You can lose weight by eating right and not exercising but you can exercise 8 hours a day and if you eat poorly you will not lose one pound. As I can definitely testify to from personal experience.

Today is also the 6th day under 2000 calories. This is the most days in a month I have been under 2000 calories since I started tracking it back in December. And it is only the 15th of the month too. I am on a roll and I want to keep it going.

My main goal for the next couple of months will be to keep my calories under 2000 calories most days of the month including weekends, next to no fast foods. Not worried about sodium, fat, etc. When I get these down pat I will be consistently losing 1 to 2 pounds per week.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for March 15, 2011

Remind yourself healthy change is worth the discomfort.

To truly get beyond old, unhealthy eating patterns, you will need to change. Accepting that you need to change is the first step. Understanding that change will require you to be uncomfortable for awhile is the next step.

You can help yourself by using positive self talk. Remind yourself frequently that the discomfort you are feeling is temporary, and that eventually your new, healthier behaviors will feel completely normal and comfortable.

Action for the day: Gently allow yourself to feel the discomfort of change today. Find ways to comfort yourself other than with food. Praise yourself for the effort.
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ahh I've given up Chocolate/Crisps/Pies for lent
    and I rarely eat burgers and pizza's anyway so they are now also officially given up for this month
    unless they're proper hand made burgers. No mcdonald's ****.

I've done well on the crisp/chocolate front ,I've managed to avoid dipping into the huge multipack of crisps in my kitchen and am feeling rather chuffed with myself for resisting.
  • Sarahr73
    Options
    I've had cravings for cheeseburgers and fries for about a week now. I have been good and not gone to a fast food place. I actually found a recipe for healthy baked onion rings so I am making those and homemade hamburgers for dinner tomorrow night. It is so hard some days to resist the urges but I keep getting lucky and finding recipes to replace the unhealthy fatening recipes I used to use. Thanks to you all and this challenge it has been easier to say no. I figure if you guys can do it so can I.