March Morning Workout Challenge

Options
getfitdiva
getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
Hello MFPeeps! I know we are all busy with work, kids, school or the snooze button! I'm posting a challenge here to really amp up my weight loss goals as well. I'm in search for the people who will get up at the crack of dawn or some time in the AM to get a great workout in to start your day off.

Only asking for at least 2 :noway: mornings a week (could even be on the weekend!). I guarantee you will feel better after you are done.

Who's up for getting the maximum calorie burn in the morning!!!

Please share your early morning workout, time spent, and calorie burn. I will check in every Sunday evening to see how we are all progressing.

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    great topic. I need the motivation to do this.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm in as I usually get up at 4:00 a.m.-5:00 a.m. for workout. It's the best way to start the day.
    MFP SW: 229 | 7/10 - CW: 175 | GW: 125 | H: 5' 3"
    Getfitdiva's Challenges Ongoing & Past:
    1) 2/28-3/6 - burn 5500 cal!
    2) Fit by Summer! I plan to reach my personal goal weight by or before May 2 B-Day :-D
    3) Lose 5+ pounds in March? You bet we can!!!! Start 3/1 @ 143 -> Next weigh-in 3/8 :-D
    4) Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones this month!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I did 30 day shred this morning...6:15am. Yawn. It was day 5 of level 3 and I burned 245 calories!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 60 minutes every morning: 20 mini stepper, 20 shredding, 20 stationary bike. :happy: I've done my mini stepper, now I'm off to shred!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it. I normally get up at 4:15 during the week...a little later on Sunday's (Saturday is rest day). I'm still trying to decide if I want to do 30 Day Shred as it was intended (been using it as a supplement or do another round of Turbo Fire). I may just keep mixing it up. I'm taking a rest week this week and going to hit it hard on Sunday.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I love it! Keep it coming!!! - It's Wednesday already and I plan a morning workout tomorrow morning :wink:
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge!!! I should be swimming and biking 2-3 mornings a week plan to go back friday/monday. Thanks for the challenge!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    What constitutes "morning"? :smile: As in would my 10:00ish walk to the coffee shop, with the dog or run on a Saturday or Sunday count as "morning" or is it intended to be a twice before work thing? Great challenge....I need to do the morning thing. I ran this morning and feel great!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I literally just finished typing a reply to the 30DS part 2 update - asking HOW people actually manage to get up so early to workout, when I saw THIS post!!! I would love to workout in the morning, as I have very limited time in the evening to exercise.

How'd you guys do it though, i LOVE my sleep!! I get up at 6 (ish) on a normal working day. Working out at the weekend is fine for me as I get up slightly later.

TIPS??
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    What constitutes "morning"? :smile: As in would my 10:00ish walk to the coffee shop, with the dog or run on a Saturday or Sunday count as "morning" or is it intended to be a twice before work thing? Great challenge....I need to do the morning thing. I ran this morning and feel great!

@Better_Balance_ I would constitute morning as before you get started with the remainder of your day whether it's before you go to work, before you get the kids out to school, before you get yourself to school, or run errands. Just to get the blood pumpin' to get your day jump started. You are on the right track - the morning dog walk/run weekday or weekend works!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I literally just finished typing a reply to the 30DS part 2 update - asking HOW people actually manage to get up so early to workout, when I saw THIS post!!! I would love to workout in the morning, as I have very limited time in the evening to exercise.

How'd you guys do it though, i LOVE my sleep!! I get up at 6 (ish) on a normal working day. Working out at the weekend is fine for me as I get up slightly later.

TIPS??

@jude666 - I seriously love my sleep too so this will be a true CHALLENGE for me so to speak. I feel so much better with my morning workouts although the majority of mine is done in the evenings or after work. I figured this will get me motivated to get my butt out of bed and guarantee a workout. My tip is to have your workout clothes laid out or on already so you just have to throw on your shoes LOL!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge!!! I should be swimming and biking 2-3 mornings a week plan to go back friday/monday. Thanks for the challenge!

@rachel5576 - Thanks - wow swimming and biking what a great wake yourself up workout!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I'm up for it. I normally get up at 4:15 during the week...a little later on Sunday's (Saturday is rest day). I'm still trying to decide if I want to do 30 Day Shred as it was intended (been using it as a supplement or do another round of Turbo Fire). I may just keep mixing it up. I'm taking a rest week this week and going to hit it hard on Sunday.

@Amandac6772 - I do get motivated seeing your early morning workouts - you are getting great results too! I love the shred in the morning quick and out the way in 25 min.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I've been doing 60 minutes every morning: 20 mini stepper, 20 shredding, 20 stationary bike. :happy: I've done my mini stepper, now I'm off to shred!

That is a great workout and you have a little one - way to step it up!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I did 30 day shred this morning...6:15am. Yawn. It was day 5 of level 3 and I burned 245 calories!

@timanda2 Ha Ha! The shred is my go-to workout in the morning just because it's a nice quick workout. You are almost done w/ your 30 Days?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in! I have always been an after work (5ish) gym person, but I realize once I have kids (hopefully in the not too distant future) this will most likely change. My sister gets up every morning around 5 to get her workout in. She works a lot and if she doesn't get it out of the way first thing, she doesn't get to spend much time with her daughter. She is an inspiration! And ironically, I got up to run this morning for the first time in a long time. Must be an omen.

Tuesday morning:
    6:50am - Ran 2.4 miles in 23 minutes. Walked about 8 minutes for warm up and cool down.
    Calorie burn - about 250 calories.
    Week 1, Workout 1
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I'm in as I usually get up at 4:00 a.m.-5:00 a.m. for workout. It's the best way to start the day.
    MFP SW: 229 | 7/10 - CW: 175 | GW: 125 | H: 5' 3"

@spitfire1962 - Wow you can motivate me and many of us to get up at 4!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I'm in!

@melodyg - lets do this!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Alright, I'm in! I have always been an after work (5ish) gym person, but I realize once I have kids (hopefully in the not too distant future) this will most likely change. My sister gets up every morning around 5 to get her workout in. She works a lot and if she doesn't get it out of the way first thing, she doesn't get to spend much time with her daughter. She is an inspiration! And ironically, I got up to run this morning for the first time in a long time. Must be an omen.

Tuesday morning:
    6:50am - Ran 2.4 miles in 23 minutes. Walked about 8 minutes for warm up and cool down.
    Calorie burn - about 250 calories.
    Week 1, Workout 1

A challenge w/ kids is an understatement. The struggle between sleep/guilt/not having enough time gives parents every excuse in the book. What I had to understand is that this a personal challenge I must overcome and if I have more energy I will be more productive each day.