March Morning Workout Challenge

Options

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of working out in the morning! Just finished Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 this morning! My goal is 4 morning workouts this week so I'm half way there!

@Ninerz113 - hey I am doing the JM Ripped in 30 too! I just started on Sunday after buying the DVD on Saturday. What do you think of it? Today will be day 3 for me.
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    ugh I'm so aggravated! I woke up early to do a bootcamp workout... well the workout gods reallllly hate me this morning... the xbox won't work for some reason.... that wasn't going to keep me from working out... so I went to do something On Demand.... my on demand isn't working. BOOOO!! OMG and I woke up early and everything.....
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    ugh I'm so aggravated! I woke up early to do a bootcamp workout... well the workout gods reallllly hate me this morning... the xbox won't work for some reason.... that wasn't going to keep me from working out... so I went to do something On Demand.... my on demand isn't working. BOOOO!! OMG and I woke up early and everything.....

I felt the same way last Saturday. My OnDemand stop working mid-workout so my morning was all broke up. You definitely have the motivation there - maybe check out Exercise TV online, self.com workouts, youtube workouts - you can make it happen! :wink:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air! On Saturday, my mini stepper overheated and broke, then I burned my fingers picking up the piece that broke off (thankfully, I had already done my weights for the day 'cause I don't think I would have been able to pick them up). My ipod quit working half-way through my sationary bike.

I'm up this morning. I've already Shredded and just trying to decide between L2 Shred or Mini Stepper? Hmmmmm
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of working out in the morning! Just finished Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 this morning! My goal is 4 morning workouts this week so I'm half way there!

@Ninerz113 - hey I am doing the JM Ripped in 30 too! I just started on Sunday after buying the DVD on Saturday. What do you think of it? Today will be day 3 for me.

I love it! I pre-ordered it so I got my copy last week and I just started week 2 this morning. Week 1 was fairly challenging but definitely doable if you're used to her 3-2-1 system (from 30 day shred). I am nervous/excited for weeks 3 and 4 because I think they are going to kick my butt!
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ran 4 miles at 9 min/mile pace at 4:00am. Much warmer today than yesterday. Feels good to get the workout in early.

@tmccutcheon - you are getting that early early morning workout - GREAT! Please don't forget to track your weekly progress on this form for the challenge so I can record our group's success at the end of the week.

you should find your MFP name in the drop down list: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dHlYUldZRE4zbm1PT29weFVXMFZzS3c6MA#gid=0

OK, just added to the link. I was not aware of you tracking there. Thanks.
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It has been my goal to work out in the mornings...and *poof* here's a challenge for it! I'm a week late but I'm going to try it out!
  • jennymaree05
    Options
    Well, it took me a week and a half to get up and workout before work but I finally did it! Now, if I can get in my day 2 for week 2 tomorrow, I'll be on the right track. I have to do that tomorrow if I want to get a work out in at all anyway.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Well, it took me a week and a half to get up and workout before work but I finally did it! Now, if I can get in my day 2 for week 2 tomorrow, I'll be on the right track. I have to do that tomorrow if I want to get a work out in at all anyway.

You did it @jennymaree05! It's difficult at first but you feel so great for the rest of the day.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    It has been my goal to work out in the mornings...and *poof* here's a challenge for it! I'm a week late but I'm going to try it out!

I have yet to complete my morning workouts but I will aim for tomorrow or Fri! We all got this - - - turning night owls into morning people 1 pal at a time :happy:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Got my morning workouts in: Shred level 1 and 2, 20 minutes stepper and 20 minutes bike!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had good intentions. I set my alarm for 6:15am last night. Then at 3:00am, I awoke. And then I stayed that way untill 5am at which time I decided to get the extra hour of sleep since I have a 12 hour work day today. Rats.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I got up at 5 and did my Shred and my stepper. Still hoping for my bike!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    YAY for getting in that workout - we all still have time so no worries! I got my 1st workout in this morning. It was soooo hard. I actually woke up an hr later than I wanted to so had to limit to a 20 min workout. Ah well - hope to get it in tomorrow and/or Saturday.

@CricketKate - I had my clock set to 5am but it didn't happen - so 6am it was!

HAPPY MORNING CALORIE BURN!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ugh! I haven't met an early morning workout goal yet!! I still have the weekend right?
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I took this challenge and started working out in the a.m. - I love it! Also, I logged my workouts for the week ahead of time so that way I felt "committed" to them.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    ugh! I haven't met an early morning workout goal yet!! I still have the weekend right?

@arodriguez2 - yes you have the weekend! Thank goodness b/c I wouldn't have made it last week :wink: - you can do it!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I am so glad I took this challenge and started working out in the a.m. - I love it! Also, I logged my workouts for the week ahead of time so that way I felt "committed" to them.

@dino1147 - now that's a good idea! I need to hold myself accountable - can't believe we are nearing end the 2nd week! Time is flying.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I forgot to check in this morning. I got up at 5 but was too disgruntled to workout until 5:30. But at 5:30, I put on my running shoes and went to work. Shred L1 and L2 and 27 minutes stepper.:happy:

Have a great weekend everyone! Will I be up tomorrow? Who knows!:huh:
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    I forgot to check in this morning. I got up at 5 but was too disgruntled to workout until 5:30. But at 5:30, I put on my running shoes and went to work. Shred L1 and L2 and 27 minutes stepper.:happy:

Have a great weekend everyone! Will I be up tomorrow? Who knows!:huh:

@CricketKate - you mean business in the morning - great dedication!