March Morning Workout Challenge

Options

Replies

• dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Got up this morning and did Biggest Loser Power Walk - Walk 2 at 6 a.m.!!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I did 30 day shred this morning...6:15am. Yawn. It was day 5 of level 3 and I burned 245 calories!

@timanda2 Ha Ha! The shred is my go-to workout in the morning just because it's a nice quick workout. You are almost done w/ your 30 Days?
    Yes, but I've been doing only 3 of them a week. I've done the shred twice before. 3rd time around and level 3 isn't so bad.
  • jennymaree05
    Options
    I'm in - I definitely need a reason to do more than set my alarm for my morning work out. Last night, I set my alarm to get up at 5:30 so I wouldn't have to wait around on the treadmill to get to the only elliptical at our apt weight room tonight. 5:30 came around and I said screw it, I'll go tonight. I would love to always get my workouts done first thing but it's so hard to get out of bed! There's no reason I can't at least do two days a week - great challenge!
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    I bike to work about half the mornings - lets me get in a good half hour workout to start the day without having to get up THAT much earlier! :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 60 minutes every morning: 20 mini stepper, 20 shredding, 20 stationary bike. :happy: I've done my mini stepper, now I'm off to shred!

That is a great workout and you have a little one - way to step it up!

I actually have 4 little ones. Unfortunately, my 60 minutes usually starts at 5 or 5:30 and doesnt' get finished until 9. Does that still count as an early morning workout?
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I finished my shred and my 20 minutes stationary bike. I even got in a 30 minutes walk having a horse race (on imaginary horses of course) with 4 year old around the kitchen island.:tongue:
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Count me in! (even though I missed yesterday and today). I used to only workout in the morning and have gotten away from that since I've been going to this fitness bootcamp class but tonight is my last class so I'm ready to wake up early again!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I finished my shred and my 20 minutes stationary bike. I even got in a 30 minutes walk having a horse race (on imaginary horses of course) with 4 year old around the kitchen island.:tongue:
    @CricketKate - I can imagine you need to have all the energy to keep up with the 4 - that's great!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Count me in! (even though I missed yesterday and today). I used to only workout in the morning and have gotten away from that since I've been going to this fitness bootcamp class but tonight is my last class so I'm ready to wake up early again!

@Ninerz113 - I missed the last 2 morning too . . . so we have the rest of the week to get those 2 days in!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Looks like 14 of us powerful morning individuals! I have created a form to track our WEEK 1 Progress.

Please fill this out by Sunday! Thank you and I will post the results Monday morning with a new Week 2 form.

If your MFP name is incorrect or I'm missing something please message me :bigsmile:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHBycXBwLWNYZjRYU1drTmd1YUlwS0E6MQ
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been trying to get up earlier in the mornings so I can run. I usually start around 6:30 a.m.

Yesterday: 5.1 miles
    Today: 4 miles (woke up late)
    Thursday: 7 miles
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to get in? I usually walk/jog before work, but this morning I slept in until 6:15 (I shoot for a 5am wakeup) so did Level 2 of 30DS.
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Nope it's not too late - I will be adding your names to the form - thanks!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Looks like 14 of us powerful morning individuals! I have created a form to track our WEEK 1 Progress.

Please fill this out by Sunday! Thank you and I will post the results Monday morning with a new Week 2 form.

If your MFP name is incorrect or I'm missing something please message me :bigsmile:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHBycXBwLWNYZjRYU1drTmd1YUlwS0E6MQ

Getfitdiva...that is awesome. Can't wait to get done "resting" this week and hit it hard next week!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Killer spread sheet!!! I guess i'll be getting up earlier tomorrow. I actually over slept today yikes! lol

Alright everybody we "can" do this! Lets go!
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Woohoo I'm amped but I'm in the same predicament - Have not gotten my morning working in yet - so the pressure is on! For me at least. Tomorrow & Saturday it is!
  • jennymaree05
    Options

Cool! I still haven't managed it grr....even though I set my alarm, I've been ignoring it and I know I'll regret it in the weight room tonight. Tomorrow is another day!
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ran 7 miles this morning with hubby. Feel great (and hungry).
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Ran 7 miles this morning with hubby. Feel great (and hungry).

Wow! that is great!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did my mini stepper, my shred, and my stationary bike this morning! I'm always glad to have the workout in my rear view mirror.!