fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I would say...

1. Arsenic
    2. Bleach
    3. Glass
    4. Rat Poison
    5. Bananas

So... No rat poison?!? Now what am I supposed to eat for lunch?
    When I've been pregnant the questionaire would ask if I was or wanted to eat cat litter. Being that I'm very visual and we had cats my mind would go to me cleaning the box and I thought. EEEWWWWWWWWWWW HOW GROSS! Why would they ask that? But if they ask it then it's out there somewhere.
  • andrewkumala
    Options
    I don't really get it why some people here think banana tastes awful..Banana is great, and I don't think it slows our weight loss..
    Anyway, my list of 5 foods to never eat (snce its dangerous to wieght loss):
    1. Mc Donalds
    2. Mc Donalds
    3. Mc Donalds
    4. Mc Donalds
    5. Mc Donalds

It's hard to avoid Mc Doncalds since it's just 300m from my residences, but since I join MFP I realized that it's one of those 'killers' to weight loss program
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    <---- Eats a banana every day. 65lbs lost, just saying :)
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Bread, Pasta and White rice. Especially white rice sits on the lining of your tummy.....Get rid of sugar drinks. Good Luck.

I THOROUGHLY blew this one last night!!! LoL! Boo Hiss at myself! :noway: :grumble:

Yeah, sorry--I will never, ever, ever give up pasta or bread or rice. I did switch to whole wheat bread,pasta, and rice a long time ago--all in moderation;)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Where are you seeing these reports for sale? There is so much free (and accurate) information on the internet. I would start with Dr. Oz's book, YOU on a Diet. Or check out his web site. I would have to say that the top five foods never to eat are:
    1. High Fructose Corn Syrup
    2. Trans Fats (hydrogenated fat)
    3. enriched flour
    4. saturated fat (limit intake)
    5. sugar (limit intake)

And I know Oz has info about foods that help eliminate belly fat. Green tea comes to mind. My best advice is to go to his site and do a search. Good luck!

If these are the foods to NEVER eat, why is "limit intake" in there. Just wondering...because then it should say "3 to NEVER eat and 2 to kinda eat..."
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I would say...

1. Arsenic
    2. Bleach
    3. Glass
    4. Rat Poison
    5. Bananas

When I've been pregnant the questionaire would ask if I was or wanted to eat cat litter. Being that I'm very visual and we had cats my mind would go to me cleaning the box and I thought. EEEWWWWWWWWWWW HOW GROSS! Why would they ask that? But if they ask it then it's out there somewhere.

there are some conditions that pregnant women get where they want to eat dirt, soap and cat litter and it's supposed to be treated early on. It means you're lacking in certain minerals.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    I don't really get it why some people here think banana tastes awful..Banana is great, and I don't think it slows our weight loss..
    Anyway, my list of 5 foods to never eat (snce its dangerous to wieght loss):
    1. Mc Donalds
    2. Mc Donalds
    3. Mc Donalds
    4. Mc Donalds
    5. Mc Donalds

It's hard to avoid Mc Doncalds since it's just 300m from my residences, but since I join MFP I realized that it's one of those 'killers' to weight loss program
    There is an actual marathon runner who eats McDonalds for a cause. She's AWESOME!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Eat what you want. Just don't eat too much of it.

Love,

Contrarian xo

Pretty much! I just avoid as much sodium as possible, and really avoid trans fats..and white flour/rice.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I would say...

1. Arsenic
    2. Bleach
    3. Glass
    4. Rat Poison
    5. Bananas

that's what I was thinking!! these are the food groups that I use most, I'm going to starve!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm

This article lists alcohol and coffee as foods to never eat?? Whateve's.
    I drink my coffee without sugar everyday and Bacardi and Sprite Zero on most days and I'm still losing!

Their list of what not to eat sounds like my shopping list.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    I would say...

1. Arsenic
    2. Bleach
    3. Glass
    4. Rat Poison
    5. Bananas

there are some conditions that pregnant women get where they want to eat dirt, soap and cat litter and it's supposed to be treated early on. It means you're lacking in certain minerals.
    Yeah I understand but the mental pic was NOT PRETTY> especially having to deal with cat litter. Oh and my hubby changed it when I was pregnant.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    actually, i got a list of foods that will prevent you from losing weight from my doctor this week, and bananas is one of them.

They are relatively high in sugar (NATURAL sugars) and pretty high in calories but they aren't going to make you gain weight any more than anything else. It's all about moderation and your specific activity level. ANY food will make you gain weight if you aren't using the energy it's providing in the form of calories, carbs and proteins.
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    for me its easy
    chocs./ sweets
    cream
    curry from takeway(home made is ok)
    chips from takeway(home made using 1 cal spra oil and baked is yummy)
    cake
  • actually, i got a list of foods that will prevent you from losing weight from my doctor this week, and bananas is one of them.

I've never heard this before? Did your doctor say why? I usually eat a banana once a day. I'm interested to learn why.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    It`s calorie counting...so nothing is off limits as long as you work it in to your days calories?

You can always cut your banana in half/quarter just slice it while it is in the skin and it will keep fresh for a couple of days
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 bananas a day on average, sometimes 3. I have lost 45.6 pounds.
    actually, i got a list of foods that will prevent you from losing weight from my doctor this week, and bananas is one of them.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Find another doctor.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 bananas a day on average, sometimes 3. I have lost 45.6 pounds.

Just think how much you might have lost without those pesky bananas :mad:
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    lol, leave the bananas alone, they are actually highly recommended! And if you think you can't eat bananas because they have to much of a nutritional intake... don;'t you ever dare eating nuts lol There is no such thing as magic food solutions. What works for one doesn't work for another one. It's all about the balance and about finding out what your body can cope with.
    Take for example, everyine talking about how good tofu is, beans and pulses. If I eat that stuff my appendix hates me for at least three days ^^