"5 foods to never eat"...?

Options

Replies

• Careolyn
    Careolyn Posts: 61
    Options
    Just because I have seen quite a few posts around sugar and bananas...
    sugar is sugar. Nutrionally speaking, all sugars are pretty much the same. Your body can't tell the difference between them and white sugars and your body handles naturally occurring sugar in food or processed sugars the same way.
  • kirsty736
    kirsty736 Posts: 65
    Options
    I try to eat a banana everyday, are they actually bad for you?
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Um, nothing is off limits. Everything in moderation.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I heard bananas were good for you in ...moderation, like maybe one a day. But I SOOOO dont like them, I like the flavor....just not the fruit.. weird huh??

I just thought maybe I'd get some responses to this topic and be able to pass around some information on MFP....talking to those of you who have done research!! (is that selfish of me.....???)

Everything, including fat, is good for you in moderation.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    HOW IS A BANANA BAD FOR YOU?! IT IS A FRUIT. IT IS NATURAL. THE END.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love bananas. I definitely don't abuse them though! :wink:
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have some info bt jillian michaels and she list some foods to not take part of due to the fact they suppress the function of the thyroid. They are soy, peanuts, raw cruciferous veges like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbbage, brussel sprouts,and kale. Also say no to millet, peaches and strawberries. Oh my I love my strawberries. Also listed are no MSG, No high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweetners, artificial colors, artificial flavor, nitrates, such as hot dogs, bacon, lunch meat and sausages.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Here are the 5 foods to NEVER eat:

Food that is spoiled
    Food that was shared by cockroaches
    Food in the bathroom
    Food with an expiration date of 1999
    Food from the dollar store that cost less than a dollar

Other than that the BS of foods to never eat is propaganda from celebrities and hollywood are so they can sell books with their pseudoscience analogies.

You can eat what you like and lose weight and still be healthy AS LONG as you get in your essentials, exercise, get rest, reduce stress, don't engage in health risk behavior (EX SMOKING) have sex and don't over exceed your calorie limit.
    It's not that complicated, people just want to make a simple process sound like it's a magic formula that they have to snare the naive into thinking that their money is better spent with them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Those ads are all scams. You inviting fraud and theft if you click on them.

They lead to sketchy websites hawking phony diet pills. They will try to get you to sign up for a "free" trial and then bill you every month until the day you die, and for two years thereafter. And there's one atop the page right now! Grrr!

For more on this scam, google "The fake diet girls"
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I love how this thread has turned into a banana debate :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Here are the 5 foods to NEVER eat:

Food that is spoiled
    Food that was shared by cockroaches
    Food in the bathroom
    Food with an expiration date of 1999
    Food from the dollar store that cost less than a dollar

Other than that the BS of foods to never eat is propaganda from celebrities and hollywood are so they can sell books with their pseudoscience analogies.

You can eat what you like and lose weight and still be healthy AS LONG as you get in your essentials, exercise, get rest, reduce stress, don't engage in health risk behavior (EX SMOKING) have sex and don't over exceed your calorie limit.
    It's not that complicated, people just want to make a simple process sound like it's a magic formula that they have to snare the naive into thinking that their money is better spent with them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm going to quote this a few times so people actually read it. Great post Niner.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    "bananas are bad"

O RLY? *chomps into big delicious fresh tasty banana*
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I heard bananas were good for you in ...moderation, like maybe one a day. But I SOOOO dont like them, I like the flavor....just not the fruit.. weird huh??

I just thought maybe I'd get some responses to this topic and be able to pass around some information on MFP....talking to those of you who have done research!! (is that selfish of me.....???)
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sorry...didn't post my reply ...LOL... i don't like the texture of bananas either !!!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    There have been a few people express concerns that corn will kill you where you sit.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    There have been a few people express concerns that corn will kill you where you sit.

SHHHHHHHH!

Don't say it so loud. Corn was sleeping. If you wake it up, we will ALL pay.
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    Yes, bananas are the reason why 2/3rds of all adults are overweight. It's got nothing to do with aisles and aisles full of refined sugar and processed foods in the supermarket. Use common sense.

Lol, this made me laugh. I hate how people think that the sugar from fruit is soo bad for you. It's fruit! Fruit is natural and good for you! Calories are calories no matter what they come from.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    I have a banana flask does that count?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options

SHHHHHHHH!

Don't say it so loud. Corn was sleeping. If you wake it up, we will ALL pay.

This made me LOL.