"5 foods to never eat"...?

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation... the only thing I will not eat knowingly is animal guts/blood (think dog, cat, pet type animals...) and bitter foods. Asians eat a lot of bitters and I had my share growing up! ick!

I eat 4 bananas a day.... :) love them! they are a prebiotic. good for the digestive system!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump 4 later
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    5 foods to NEVER eat if you want to lose weight
    1) McDonald's, in a diet that exceeds your TDEE
    2) Broccoli, in a diet that exceeds your TDEE
    3) White rice, in a diet that exceeds your TDEE
    4) Salmon, in a diet that exceeds your TDEE
    5) Bananas, in a diet that exceeds your TDEE

5 foods to ALWAYS eat if you want to lose weight:
    1) McDonald's, in a diet that's under your TDEE
    2) Broccoli, in a diet that's under your TDEE
    3) White rice, in a diet that's under your TDEE
    4) Salmon, in a diet that's under your TDEE
    5) Bananas, in a diet that's under your TDEE

There no magic list of foods that will hurt or help weight loss. You can eat crap and lose weight. Or eat healthy foods and lose weight. Just eat less than you burn!

We just want things to be easy. "If only I stopped eating bananas, I wouldn't have to do any other work, and I could lose weight."

Some folks think bananas are bad for weight loss because they are high in sugars. But bananas are high in potassium, have a low glycemic index, are high in fiber, are very filling! Not to mention they have a convenient built-in thick skin which makes them easy to carry around (just try carrying around a pocketful of raspberries)! Too bad lots of people don't like the taste of them, I think they're yummy!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't really have 5 foods to never eat. I try my best to stay on track and eat healthy. But once in a while I will treat myself to what they call "bad for you", In moderation though. Correct portion sizes, and making sure I'm under my calorie intake is the only way for me to lose weight! A diet shouldn't be torture, in my opinion.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

But I SOOOO dont like them, I like the flavor....just not the fruit.. weird huh??

I don't like the fruit either! Only in fruit salad or something like that. Cut up? I'll give it a go. But whole? No way! haha
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    i love bananas so much, put them on everything, never had a problem with losing weight :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    One is banana's...although I don't know why...I think moderation is a key for me. If I agreed never to eat any of a particular food, ever again, I would probably crave it immediately! :ohwell:

I just read a topic about how bananas are the #1 food to make you feel full. :laugh:

I eat a banana and am hungry about 20 mins later :(

If I eat just a banana I can often feel hungry way too soon for having eaten something. If I have a piece of a cheese or a little natural peanut butter at the same time, I don't get hungry.

Fruit & Cheese, Red Wine, Olive oil, 35%meat/65%other, they've been eating that way in Europe for EVER, forget the Paeleo Diet or any other fad or trick, eat like the Europeans did before they started importing ideas and fast food from America.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever figured out what those are, without having to actually buy the ....so called report?
    And what about the one about losing stomach fat...5 foods to help eliminate stomach fat....
    just curious is all!!

For me personally............

Grains
    Sugar
    Starch
    Dairy
    Most Fruit
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    forget the Paeleo Diet or any other fad or trick, eat like the Europeans did before they started importing ideas and fast food from America.

How is the latter any different than the former?
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I quit reading after some said Doctor Oz said if you eat "Fill in the blank" you will "fill in the blank".
  • justal313
    Options
    forget the Paeleo Diet or any other fad or trick, eat like the Europeans did before they started importing ideas and fast food from America.

How is the latter any different than the former?

Europeans eat food that is grown, it is my understanding that Paeleo does not include a lot of things grown. I didn't look to long at Paeleo I'm just going by the thumbnail description given to me by a barefoot runner.

here's a good chunk of what NOT to eat on Paleo, that europeans and other cultures have always eaten
    ◦Butter
    ◦Cheese
    ◦Skim milk
    ◦Dairy spreads
    ◦Low-fat Milk
    ◦Ice cream
    ◦Whole Milk
    ◦Yogurt
    Cereal Grains
    ◦Barley (barley soup, barley bread and all processed foods made with barley)
    ◦Corn (corn on the cob, corn tortillas, corn chips, cornstarch, corn syrup)
    ◦Millet
    ◦Oats (steel-cut oats, rolled oats and all processed foods made with oats)
    ◦Rice (brown rice, white rice, top ramen, rice noodles, basmati rice, rice cakes, rice flour and all processed foods made with rice)
    ◦Rye (rye bread, rye crackers and all processed foods made with rye)
    ◦Sorghum
    ◦Wheat (bread, rolls, muffins, noodles, crackers, cookies, doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, pasta, spaghetti, lasagna, wheat tortillas, pizza, pita bread, flat bread and all processed foods made with wheat or wheat flour)
    ◦Wild rice
    Cereal Grainlike Seeds
    ◦Amaranth
    ◦Buckwheat
    ◦Quinoa
    Legumes
    ◦All beans (adzuki beans, black beans, broad beans, fava beans, field beans, garbanzo beans, horse beans, kidney beans, lima beans, mung beans, navy beans, pinto beans, red beans, string beans, white beans)
    ◦Black-eyed peas
    ◦Chickpeas
    ◦Peanuts
    ◦Lentils
    ◦Snowpeas
    ◦Peas
    ◦Sugar snap peas
    ◦Peanut butter
    ◦Miso
    ◦Soybeans and all soybean products, including togu
    Starchy Vegetables
    ◦Starch tubers
    ◦Sweet potatoes
    ◦Cassava root
    ◦Yams
    ◦Tapioca pudding
    ◦Manioc
    ◦Potatoes and all potato products (French fries, potato chips…)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Europeans eat food that is grown, it is my understanding that Paeleo does not include a lot of things grown. I didn't look to long at Paeleo I'm just going by the thumbnail description given to me by a barefoot runner.

I'm not asking how 'eat like Europeans' is different than paleo, I'm asking how 'eat like Europeans' is different than any other fad or trick. The point is eating healthy. You can do that whether you're in New York or London or Madagascar or Tokyo.
  • justal313
    Options

I'm not asking how 'eat like Europeans' is different than paleo, I'm asking how 'eat like Europeans' is different than any other fad or trick. The point is eating healthy. You can do that whether you're in New York or London or Madagascar or Tokyo.

Ok, gotcha. My point was that Europeans used to eat healthy before the influence of the standard American Diet, and you should eat healthy and since they've traditionally eaten healthy, it's as good guide as any as you start planning your meals Then worry about are you getting enough calories or too much, I'm willing to bet you won't have to go crazy trying to make sure you get all your nutrients.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Here goes nothing....

There is no one food that will make you gain weight or lose weight in it of itself. Ingesting food=intaking calories.

Weight loss is determined by fat/protein/carb intake and comes down to energy balances, or the difference between calories in vs. calories out. As long as you remain in a deficit, you will lose weight, no matter where you get the calories from.

Now micronutrients like vitamins and minerals should be considered too, so getting a wide range of whole foods can be beneficial.

Fruit SHOULD NOT be avoided and DOES NOT slow weight loss.

Agree!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I love bananas. I definitely don't abuse them though! :wink:

Define abuse sorry I had to ask
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a banana right now!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Where are you seeing these reports for sale? There is so much free (and accurate) information on the internet. I would start with Dr. Oz's book, YOU on a Diet. Or check out his web site. I would have to say that the top five foods never to eat are:
    1. High Fructose Corn Syrup
    2. Trans Fats (hydrogenated fat)
    3. enriched flour
    4. saturated fat (limit intake)
    5. sugar (limit intake)

And I know Oz has info about foods that help eliminate belly fat. Green tea comes to mind. My best advice is to go to his site and do a search. Good luck!
    Don't follow the Yellow Brick Road. Instead of a Wizard, you'll find a scammer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's kind of expected. The wizard was a scammer.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I heard bananas were good for you in ...moderation, like maybe one a day. But I SOOOO dont like them, I like the flavor....just not the fruit.. weird huh??

I just thought maybe I'd get some responses to this topic and be able to pass around some information on MFP....talking to those of you who have done research!! (is that selfish of me.....???)

Bananas make my tongue & throat feel "fuzzy". LOL Weird right?

You're allergic to them.
  • justal313
    Options
    I love bananas. I definitely don't abuse them though! :wink:

Define abuse sorry I had to ask

The only way I can think of to abuse a banana would keep me from wanting to eat it.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Belly fat burners: Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA's)...in the flat belly book....avocado, olives, olive oil, chocolate (high cacao content)...there are a few others I can't remember....oh nuts! Not nuts that I can't remember, nuts is what I just remembered!!!