Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Warrior Dash, I know that if I trip over a tree root* while being chased in the woods, I'll get back up and run without breaking stride.

Pooey on those helpless chicks who fall and give up!

* I still think the tree root grabbed me. Like the tree in Poltergeist.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm thisclose to getting my cyclocross bike. He will be named "Ed," after Shaun's (of the Dead) trusty sidekick. I can't wait. Zombies and mud will be no match for me!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm thisclose to getting my cyclocross bike. He will be named "Ed," after Shaun's (of the Dead) trusty sidekick. I can't wait. Zombies and mud will be no match for me!

nice! I'm always really hard on my bikes, so I prefer to get cheap ones and fix it constantly than an expensive one and fix it constantly.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

nice! I'm always really hard on my bikes, so I prefer to get cheap ones and fix it constantly than an expensive one and fix it constantly.

Yep, this one will be a relatively entry-level and clearanced Redline Conquest (going to swap-out the Shimano components for SRAM Apex). I will ride it for 2-3 years and then hand it down to our son, who is now 10.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Warrior Dash, I know that if I trip over a tree root* while being chased in the woods, I'll get back up and run without breaking stride.

Pooey on those helpless chicks who fall and give up!

* I still think the tree root grabbed me. Like the tree in Poltergeist.

I think the tree theory is very possible!!!
  • hroush
    Options
    11 days since bumpage, has there been an apocalypse that I didn't know about!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

You're the only survivor, Hroush. The rest of us are just ghosts in the machine.
  • Black_Swan
    Options

You're the only survivor, Hroush. The rest of us are just ghosts in the machine.

*spooky music
  • hroush
    Options
    hmm... there is a mysterious noise coming from that dark cove of trees over there, I think I'm going to leave my weapons here and go check it out...
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    And make sure you wear your heels so you can fall while running away... and don't forget to scream to get their attention!
  • baisleac
    Options
    I, apparently post too much. Zombie Survival must remain on top of my list.

So... currently rereading the Zombie Survival Guide in preparation for starting NROWFIZS next week. How 'bout y'all?
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    Yesterday I managed to run in my relatively slow pace for whole 45 minutes! When I look at the first post... I was able to run only 7 minutes! HahahAHAHAHAHAMUHAHAHAW
    So happy that there is so much improvement...let me check..in...2 months...yep, I was not lazy haha!
    YAY!
    Also, Im sure I could smash their heads a little bit at least!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    My brother had a pig roast last night - cooking an entire pig himself - and after a few too many cherry bombs and shots and jello shots and I don't even remember what else... on a dare, I tried a piece of ... the brain. :sad:

The flavor and texture really wasn't bad. Like greasy pork stuffing... a very bread-like texture. The thought of it rather curdled my stomach. But a little more tequila later, and I was fine.

But now I wonder... does this mean I'm now a frickin' zombie?!
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    Im sorry... but zombies eat HUMAN brains, so... unless youre a pig zombie? I dont think so haha:D You look really human and pretty to me;) So... sorry youre not!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    That's a relief. Because I really don't ever want to eat brain again. :laugh:

However, I am going to try haggis. I figure it can't possibly be worse than brain.
  • baisleac
    Options
    http://nrowfizs.blogspot.com/

First Fit Test is tonight, will post starting stats then.
  • hroush
    Options
    Just realized I haven't checked in for a while. I am definitely loving my new workout and should be ready to do some serious zombie bashing should the need arise.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how to make a zombie survivor forum and here you guys are besting me. Can I join I promise to run fast and punch hard.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    this is a fantastic idea! I can hit and throw and lift heavy things all day, but I can't run.
    So this would be great motivation for me to start!

Thanks for the idea!!!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I already love everyone here. I'm a huge zombie fanatic. My brother and I always talk about survival strategies. I really need to get in shape because my house can not be fortified against a zombie attack. I will have to run/fight my way into a safe area.

I'm actually working very hard to lose the weight I gained from my pregnancy. Is it too soon to train my 1 year old for the inevitable apocalypse ? Lol

Feel free to add me as a friend!