Zombie survival club

Options
Hello everyone!

Im slowly approaching my goal weight, but I have realized (yes, while watching Resident Evil) that I am so out of shape - and that I would not last a minute during an attack of ZOMBIES.
That is why this club would support everyone who is getting ready and in shape for such an attack. Our main goals would be:

a) run fast and long enough to run away from the zombies
b) be able to hit the zombie with a heavy object

Lets imagine only the situations when we rely only on our body for help (so, we dont have a flamethrower for example).

Right now I can slowly jog for max. 7 minutes at a time and I can lift very little (I dont think zombie heads would get smashed by a milk box). I am so out of shape, that its amazing.
I bought a membership in a gym and I will go there 3x per week, to run and to do weight lifting.
I want to have some strength and have some speed! I expect to be ready for a zombie attack by the end of the year 2011.

If you are already ready for a zombie attack, please share with us how you have managed to get so much in shape!

Replies

• spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Well I can assure you there will be nooo Zombie attack, however I am a fan of resident evil movies, and The show the walking dead. Glad to see that you are using this as a motivation, Any way if you cut all drinks but water from your diet, eat healthy and exercise you will see results and be able to outrun any zombie. Don't forget the weight training!! Good Luck:smile:
  • neonshock
    neonshock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is a super cool idea! Love it!
  • DocNorton
    DocNorton Posts: 43
    Options
    Absolutly FANTASTIC question :oD Love it...

Well as long as zombies can't do 7 min miles I could out run them for about 40 mins but then I fear I would have to start resourcing to smashing heads with no more than 30kg weights :)

Joking aside - I am preparing my body for some form of post apocolytic scenario... With whats going on in the world it wouldn't surprise me if another war started and we had to start rationing or fending for ourselves. Thats my motivation!

LOVE zombies - watch 28 days later - BRILL film!!!!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Spennato are you positive about that? I was just reading about zombie ants. And okay they don't actually die and come back to life but whose to say that this fungus that effects the poor carpenter ants wont mutate and create real human zombies?

Just sayin..:glasses:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If ants can do it, so can we! Hahah...
    Well Im already eating really healthy and drinking only water (trying March without alcohol), so I think that is good... just need to do some work in the gym finally!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The rules for surviving Zombieland:
    1. Cardio
    18. Limber up

I'm a total Zompocalypse addict. A guy in work is always asking me if I have any movies in my DVD collection that don't have Zombie or Dead in the title :laugh:

Spennato: All the nasty strains of influenza (Swine Flu/Avian Flu etc) are just one mutation away from The Zompocalypse :laugh:

I'm working my way up to getting back in shape. But when the Zompocalypse comes, I will be ready. :glasses:
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You need tiger blood and Adonis DNA!!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yes I am positive.........even though I just wasted 5 minutes reading someone explaining it on google........
    :indifferent: <<<<
    Zombie Face
  • Thomasm198
    Options
    You need tiger blood and Adonis DNA!!
    No all you need is a razor sharp wit and a trusty boom-stick
    boomstick_1606.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At the moment, I'm doing a fast-walk on the treadmill (working my way up to running) and some weight training
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    HA love it!
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    I totally agree we could just sit on the couch and kill zombies with a boom stick and huge guns and stuff, but somehow I have a feeling that long term survival will include lifting heavy stuff and running around a lot. This is where my body fails totally.
    Not to mention that there is not so much ammo where I live, so first Id have to run around like crazy to actually find some guns and stuff!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    if you look in my inspirations on my profile one of them is to outrun the zombies lol
    so are we talking night of the living dead zombies that are slow and stupid
    or 28 days later zombies that are super fast
  • Thomasm198
    Options
    if you look in my inspirations on my profile one of them is to outrun the zombies lol
    so are we talking night of the living dead zombies that are slow and stupid
    or 28 days later zombies that are super fast
    Technically the ones from 28 Days Later aren't Zombies. They are living people infected with the "Rage" Virus, similar to the "T-Virus" from Res Evil. (OMG, I am a Zombie nerd. :laugh: )

The programme that the gym has me on is 30 minutes on the treadmill and then a mix of weight training that targets both upper and lower body.
  • Black_Swan
    Options

The programme that the gym has me on is 30 minutes on the treadmill and then a mix of weight training that targets both upper and lower body.

This is my idea too, I already started!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    LOOOOVE this topic!

I can go 40 minutes at 5.5 mph, or sprint faster for shorter durations.

I'm pretty good with a wood splitter ax. I tested my skillz busting apart old pieces of furniture last summer. It was a blast!

BTW, if you find yourself holed up in a grocery store, drink the diet soda first. Regular lasts longer past the expiration date.

Photos from my Halloween party:

Me, and then my husband Fritz, with my brother Terry. Terry made his mask. He's an awesome artist!

65946_484300379765_782834765_6789595_3730209_n-1.jpg

67725_484300699765_782834765_6789599_1813479_n.jpg

Dessert!

IMG_9544-1.jpg
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    To start with, I need to build upper body strength so I can throw/push some of my friends/neighbors/coworkers into the zombie's path to buy myself some time!
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    To start with, I need to build upper body strength so I can throw/push some of my friends/neighbors/coworkers into the zombie's path to buy myself some time!

Hahah thats also a good survival method...

btw Terry has a totally awesome mask, its like from a movie, amazing!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running, but a few months ago, I realized that my mind wants my body to go places that it can't yet go, and that is really frustrating. I want to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping, and I want to be able to run from zombies!

Right now I can run for about 4 minutes on solid ground without stopping (7 mins on a treadmill). I am starting the C25K running program with week, and then I'll go from there.
    _______
    Joking aside - I am preparing my body for some form of post apocolytic scenario... With whats going on in the world it wouldn't surprise me if another war started and we had to start rationing or fending for ourselves. Thats my motivation!
    Not to be dystopic, but me too.

tango198... I loved Zombieland. When I saw previews for it, I was like, I will NEVER watch that movie, cause it looked so dumb, but it's definitely one of my favourites now!

FearAnLoathing... It really IS your inspiration! :laugh:

LorinaLynn... Thanks for the tips! I think you might be ahead of all of us in the run for survival boat!! We need to be fast and run longer than you! (No offense.) :bigsmile:
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    Absolutly FANTASTIC question :oD Love it...

Well as long as zombies can't do 7 min miles I could out run them for about 40 mins but then I fear I would have to start resourcing to smashing heads with no more than 30kg weights :)

LOVE zombies - watch 28 days later - BRILL film!!!!

Love the concept - I'm not a huge zombie fan, but love the funny zombie stuff like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. Have you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? Happened across it just after I'd read the original for the first time, and therefore found it hugely entertaining.

I'd like to point out that the surest way to survive a post-apocalyptic scenario is to retain lots of energy stores where you can get at them quickly, and nobody can steal them. The hips and belly are great places for that.

But I take your point, and I whole-heartedly endorse the idea that people should put some time into making sure their umbrella isn't designed for sunny weather. I'm also preparing for the possibility of disastrous events - whether of a Katrina-like nature or more long-lasting troubles. May not be able to do much, but it's a good idea to realize that not all our assets have pictures of dead presidents on them. We also have our bodies, and whatever we can cram between our ears.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd like to point out that the surest way to survive a post-apocalyptic scenario is to retain lots of energy stores where you can get at them quickly, and nobody can steal them. The hips and belly are great places for that.

LOVE! :laugh: