Zombie survival club

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    You need tiger blood and Adonis DNA!!
    omg lmfaoooooo he already looks like a zombie if ya ask me :P
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Today I practiced long distance walking with a 70min walk, hope that helps in case I need to walk to countryside hahaha....
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 686 Member
    LOL I'd be SOL at this point. This week has been an emotional slump and I have no idea why. Exercise has been little to nil except for "survival" stuff. Meh, at least I'd be able to cook good stuff for y'all.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    LOL I'd be SOL at this point. This week has been an emotional slump and I have no idea why. Exercise has been little to nil except for "survival" stuff. Meh, at least I'd be able to cook good stuff for y'all.

I'll swing by your house and pick you up when the zombie's attack; I live in Omaha, too. One thing I'm known for: will work for food. :happy:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 686 Member

I'll swing by your house and pick you up when the zombie's attack; I live in Omaha, too. One thing I'm known for: will work for food. :happy:

Oh sweet! I have my go plan now!!

Which reminds me, the April Zombie Research Society meeting is on the 9th. *whistles*
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Oh geez...my zombie survival training has not been going so well...Frankly, I've been lazy. I went running/walking on Monday, and that's about the most I've done this week. I haven't been watching enough zombie movies, I'm guessing, because the fear of the zombies is certainly not kicking my butt into motion. The fear of not graduating has kind of taken over at this point, and I've been working on homework a lot. I need to get my training in though!
  • hroush
    Oh geez...my zombie survival training has not been going so well...Frankly, I've been lazy. I went running/walking on Monday, and that's about the most I've done this week. I haven't been watching enough zombie movies, I'm guessing, because the fear of the zombies is certainly not kicking my butt into motion. The fear of not graduating has kind of taken over at this point, and I've been working on homework a lot. I need to get my training in though!

My problem has been the reverse, I've been too focused on being able to survive the zombie attack and not enough on graduating. Well, at least I've lost 20 lbs this semester.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    crap. I was trying to upload a picture. I'll work on it.
  • maryann73
    501760_4434.jpgOk, I'm giving up now.  UGH!
  • hroush
    501760_4434.jpg

Ok, I'm giving up now. UGH!

Fixed it for you.

That's funny. A newer golf GTI isn't exactly the first vehicle that would come to my mind, but whatever works.
  • maryann73
    Thank you! Lol, it's a friend's car. At least I now know I have an ally when the time comes~!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Going to practice fleeing in ideal zombie conditions.... running a 5k at 20 degrees.

At least I imagine the cold would be ideal for zombies. It would slow their decomposition. Or would they freeze solid?
  • Black_Swan
    I think it could make them faster and maybe more hungry? Haha...rock that 5k!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    We're moving rocks around the yard this morning... good strength training for zombie bashing... plus it'll make the bay window harder to get at. *nods*
  • hroush

looks like fun to me!
  • Black_Swan

Wow this is totally awesome and hardcore. I think Im in love. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Hello Fellow Zombie Kicker @ssers! I made it back from Vegas safely, though I definitely encountered multiple zombies (and douchery) down there. I got some major good practice weaving in and out of construction machinery at the tradeshow, I figure it will help with dexterity at the very least. I confirmed three things down there. 1. red wine and steak is good. 2. Vodka is bad. Makes me want to bash in the heads of not just zombies in the morning. oh and 3. the wynn only has ONE, count it, ONE coffee shop. W.T.F. That is just not cool in the morning. Especially when we are all trying our best to not look like zombies but are definitely acting like them. Making people wait in a long line is just not cool man, it confuses the nonzombies.

Now I must focus on what the potential zombie threat is in Taiwan and Ontario CA as that is where I will be headed in the next three months. Must. Start. Running. Program. Tomorrow.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    OMG...I just discovered this thread! I SUPERMEGAHEART zombies! I run and bike...I may not be fast (only for short bursts), but I have lots of endurance (I've run 3 marathons, though really prefer distances up to 25k more). I feel confident that I could survive a zombie apocalypse. I also have really good aim.

My road bike even has SRAM components...their shifting system is called "Double-Tap." So I have both rules #1 and #2 of Zombieland covered. :bigsmile: I just need to get a cyclocross bike, since my road bike isn't as useful for outrunning zombies.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Finally getting on track with my fitness training! Walking for about an hour and half to two hours each day with some high intensity interval training mixed in for about 10-20 minutes. Hope to increase the high intensity stuff to 20-30 minutes once I get caught up on homework. I really want to get my strength training in so I can swing a bat hard of to smash a zombie head! :tongue: But, most of what I can do right now is walking with a little bit of running mixed in. Training for a 5K in October too. I'm signed up and everything! I want to be able to run the whole way, not a run/walk mix.
This discussion has been closed.