Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I also want to be able to run a 5k! My dream is to sign up for one, but Ill do it when I know I am able to run the whole way... that is going to be amazing!
    So, by my new measurements, in some US navy body fat measuring system, Im around 20,5% of body fat. Once I get to 19,x% Ill be totally laughing... that is "Athlete" category...

people

these measurements make no sense!

Im gonna go in a few months (before summer comes) to a clinic where they measure the body fat with some huge machine, I dont remember whats the name in English but I read also here on mfp forums that it is the most accurate method. Its called something like densitometric, I think... I am so curious. But first more gym time for me!!

BTW I added some profile photos, hopefully you can see by yourself which are before and which are after, haha... the bikini photos are the newest:)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This thread was about to slip off my recent posts page and thought it deserved a bump anyway. :laugh:

Did my spin class and my weight lifting tonight. I do squats after my spin class (oh, there's a whole load of fun), but I figured out how to truly feel my quads afterwards, so I am going to have to continue with that.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    baisleac burned 327 calories doing 50 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 4.0 mi/hr - keeping ahead of the zombies"

Well... the Solanum versions at least. :bigsmile:
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread! What a great idea! Currently I think I'm safe from a zombie attack, I don't think zombies can survive the Wyoming winter, however with spring thaw upon us I better get started on my running endurance (which is currently Zero!).
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    LOL MWilson I said that about Nebraska but I'm thinking Wyoming would provide a better deep freeze! :D

I'm still working my 100 pushup/200 situp and squat challenge. I also had the hoop class start working on their endurance. May not be running but darnit they will be in a better place because of it. :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm up to running 5 miles now! Yay! But my husband's still SOL with his broken foot.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Just found out about this... It's in Maryland: October 22, 2011

Expect the unexpected. Run for Your Lives is a 5k race, an obstacle course, and a scavenger hunt rolled into one. And yes, there will be ZOMBIES chasing you all the way to the finish. If you survive, celebrate the end of times at the Apocalypse Party, with food, music, and beer. Make it an epic night...it's your last. http://runforyourlives.com
  • hroush
    Options

Expect the unexpected. Run for Your Lives is a 5k race, an obstacle course, and a scavenger hunt rolled into one. And yes, there will be ZOMBIES chasing you all the way to the finish. If you survive, celebrate the end of times at the Apocalypse Party, with food, music, and beer. Make it an epic night...it's your last. http://runforyourlives.com

sweet! That sounds like a lot of fun, too bad I won't be any where close to there.
  • baisleac
    Options

I want to live in Maryland! :sad:

Okay, not really, but this would be so fun!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    That race sounds hilarious and fun...though I think being a zombie in the race would be more fun than being one chased by zombies. :laugh:
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh I am definitely goign to make a trip out to Maryland for that race. Sounds like a ton of fun and it's great motivator to start running! I guess I'll have to start one of those C25ks everyone's doing.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'd love to run that race, I would totally dress up like Bill Murray or Tallahassee!!

I just completed day 2 of c25k..you can do it!
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    Well I have to admit, its almost 2 weeks since I have been to the gym... tomorrow Im definitely going! Its sometimes so easy to get lazy... but I will not let this stop me! I have not lost almost any weight in March, but I have lost an inch in my hips and almost an inch in my waist! That has to be the gym/zombie preparation!
  • hroush
    Options
    Another weekend with out doing any workouts. Arg... I'd like to be able to say that I was too busy doing important things like school work, projects, etc, but alas...

At least I have spin tonight.
  • baisleac
    Options
    I did a ton of boxing and rock moving this weekend. Today, I'd totally be eaten... my muscles are S.O.R.E. sore. But tomorrow... mwuahahahahahahahaa! :tongue:
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. It will definatly become one of motivaters while I am doing cardio.
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    I wish wine drinking counted as zombie-fighting technique:D
  • hroush
    Options
    ahh!! Zombie survival club slipped off my recent posts! It was much more difficult than it should be to find again. Anywho, I only had 1 person show up to spin class last night :noway: It's getting too nice out here and people are starting to slack.

In other news I may be getting my road bike fixed for free (or little cost). I'm volunteering at a community bike shop and they allow you to work on your bike there for free! If you want to buy a bike from them, you can work for it instead of paying for it if you wish. I'm thinking in the summer I want to volunteer just for the experience of how to completely put a bike together from scratch.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    In other news I may be getting my road bike fixed for free (or little cost). I'm volunteering at a community bike shop and they allow you to work on your bike there for free! If you want to buy a bike from them, you can work for it instead of paying for it if you wish. I'm thinking in the summer I want to volunteer just for the experience of how to completely put a bike together from scratch.
    VERY nice! :drinker:
  • hroush
    Options
    I attempted my first foray into parkour this morning. My two bikes are out on the patio, but I still have the door covered with plastic from winter. We live on the second story, so the floor of patio is about 6 feet off the ground with a 3 foot railing. I grabbed on to the railing, put my feet against the brick wall and climbed. Scratched up my left arm a little from the wooden railings, but I made it. Then I remembered that I had chained the bikes to the railing :frown: , so I had to jump down, get the key, and climb back up again. I now have the bike I want to repair in the apartment :bigsmile: