Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Well done, Hroush! My husbands been practicing his parkour using fences and trees in our yard. I'm still working on squats. LOL.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Oh the people who do parkour are simply AWESOME
    *drools

This spring is killing me, I just wanna lay in my bed while the gentle breeze is blowing trough my room trough the open terrace.
    My thesis...my gym...aaah...I just wanna lie and forget all and get lazy.
    At least Im able to control the eating, phew.
    But that peanut butter can be really dangerous!
  • tinkzilla
    Options
    LOL!! Thats so true
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up that channel 5 are showing episode 1 of "The Walking Dead" tonight at 10pm

Let us revise how other people handle zombie outbreaks :bigsmile:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Ahh, zombie survival club slipped off my topics again (need to stop posting so much).

I am really digging my new workout program, which I started last night. It is slightly different than what I was doing, but it is much more defined and tells you how to progress. The workout can be found here:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

This is perfect for anyone thinking about weight lifting as it is simple and effective. Yes, it's geared towards guys looking to get huge and lift really heavy, but would also help people just looking to tone or build some muscle. Personally, I want to be somewhere in between.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That plan looks interesting.
    I have a big nsv - after running for 22 minutes my face was not RED red red, just pink-ish!
    So now, when zombies start running after me, I wont look like a red apple:))
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up that channel 5 are showing episode 1 of "The Walking Dead" tonight at 10pm

That depends - how many calories does it take to blast off a head with a shotgun? :laugh:
  • hroush
    Options

That depends - how many calories does it take to blast off a head with a shotgun? :laugh:

They have a good amount of kick, so I think they would be a good core exercise.
  • baisleac
    Options
    That plan looks interesting.
    I have a big nsv - after running for 22 minutes my face was not RED red red, just pink-ish!
    So now, when zombies start running after me, I wont look like a red apple:))

Instead you'll look like a Pink Lady apple? :noway: /tease

My Zombie NSV... I moved up from 12 lb weights to 20 lb on my dumbbell swings (like kettleball swings except with a dumbbell). I'm gonna be able to bash some brains!
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    if you look in my inspirations on my profile one of them is to outrun the zombies lol
    so are we talking night of the living dead zombies that are slow and stupid
    or 28 days later zombies that are super fast
    Technically the ones from 28 Days Later aren't Zombies. They are living people infected with the "Rage" Virus, similar to the "T-Virus" from Res Evil. (OMG, I am a Zombie nerd. :laugh: )

The programme that the gym has me on is 30 minutes on the treadmill and then a mix of weight training that targets both upper and lower body.

Incorrect sir! The T-Virus is derived from leeches, where the Rage was discovered in primates.

I'm expecting a Terminator invasion before zombies at this point though.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I totally missed this thread!!
    I am doing cardio and strength (30DS) right now. I have ordered Kettlebell Bombshell to give me more strength training. I am ready!! (with my 3 guns too, but working out will help me a lot!)
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    I LOVE ZOMBIES!
    I took a zombie survival quiz on FB and my chances of survival are only 15%...my husband's chances are 85% he says that other 15% he is missing is trying to keep me alive!
    Anyways, just wanted to say this is the coolest thread I have seen on MFP.
    :)
    ZOBMIES RULE! LOL! (Except if they are chasing me)
  • hroush
    Options
    I LOVE ZOMBIES!
    I took a zombie survival quiz on FB and my chances of survival are only 15%...my husband's chances are 85% he says that other 15% he is missing is trying to keep me alive!
    Anyways, just wanted to say this is the coolest thread I have seen on MFP.
    :)
    ZOBMIES RULE! LOL! (Except if they are chasing me)

Welcome to the thread.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    There is a race in October in Maryland called the Run for your life race. Pretty much you run a 5k in the woods while escaping from zombies. If you get "bite" one too many times, you are "dead" and your time isn't counted. I am planning on doing it because it sounds like fun.
  • natashamots
    Options
    This is awesome. Thank you for the smile and the idea. I will be stealing this source of motivation for my morning swims (I figure Zombies can't swim but maybe I am wrong about this?) You rock!
  • hroush
    Options
    This is awesome. Thank you for the smile and the idea. I will be stealing this source of motivation for my morning swims (I figure Zombies can't swim but maybe I am wrong about this?) You rock!

I believe they just walk on the bottom.
  • hroush
    Options

Nice! Don't feel like paying $20 for a shirt though.
  • baisleac
    Options
    Whew! Thought I'd lost this thread to the depths of the forums.

Anyhoo... I just heard about ZomBcon (and how I'd not heard of it before I have no idea). I need to get my act together so I can sport this shirt proudly in October. I live a few hours west of Seattle, there's no way I CAN'T go.

http://www.cafepress.com/+Zombie+Hunter+Women's+Tank+Top,180967874?cmp=pfc--f--us--114--180967874&utm_term=180967874&utm_campaign=Women's+Tank+Top&sourcecode=affiliate&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=productfeed&pid=6673073

I didn't have a deadline before. I do now. :glasses:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options

Let's hope that zombies are not like sloths - sloths can swim faster than they can c-r-e-e-p! :laugh: :noway: