Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Whew! Thought I'd lost this thread to the depths of the forums.

Anyhoo... I just heard about ZomBcon (and how I'd not heard of it before I have no idea). I need to get my act together so I can sport this shirt proudly in October. I live a few hours west of Seattle, there's no way I CAN'T go.

http://www.cafepress.com/+Zombie+Hunter+Women's+Tank+Top,180967874?cmp=pfc--f--us--114--180967874&utm_term=180967874&utm_campaign=Women's+Tank+Top&sourcecode=affiliate&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=productfeed&pid=6673073

I didn't have a deadline before. I do now. :glasses:

*nods* It's my deadline too. Especially for my Dark Alice dress! I'm gonna be representing Omaha in the hard core way! ;D

For the rest of you hardcore zombie freaks? ZomBcon is in October and tickets are on sale now! Come and hang out with people from awesome movies/shows (such "Barbara" from NOTLD all the way up to The Walking Dead cast!).
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow - how could I have missed a thread this awesome? We are always keeping an eye out for our escape route just in case.

I live just across the border from Maryland, so I am absolutely going to do that zombie race. Heck, yeah!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Whew! Thought I'd lost this thread to the depths of the forums.

Anyhoo... I just heard about ZomBcon (and how I'd not heard of it before I have no idea). I need to get my act together so I can sport this shirt proudly in October. I live a few hours west of Seattle, there's no way I CAN'T go.

http://www.cafepress.com/+Zombie+Hunter+Women's+Tank+Top,180967874?cmp=pfc--f--us--114--180967874&utm_term=180967874&utm_campaign=Women's+Tank+Top&sourcecode=affiliate&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=productfeed&pid=6673073

I didn't have a deadline before. I do now. :glasses:

*nods* It's my deadline too. Especially for my Dark Alice dress! I'm gonna be representing Omaha in the hard core way! ;D

For the rest of you hardcore zombie freaks? ZomBcon is in October and tickets are on sale now! Come and hang out with people from awesome movies/shows (such "Barbara" from NOTLD all the way up to The Walking Dead cast!).

You will have to post pics of you in your dress.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Haha I live in Central Europe so Ill have to make some friends pretend they are zombies and run after me.
    What an idea... sounds like a fun afternoon hahaha
  • CarolineVL
    Options
    I love your post and I'm down with joining the Zombie survival club! I think it gives you something else to motivate you (and takes your mind off all the other stuff that brings us down). Not that fighting off a Zombie attack is stress free or uplifting in any way!!

I'm trying to build up my strength and cardio skills too. Right now, I'm strength training 3 days a week (using a nautilus weight circuit) and taking cardio classes (like Spinning and Zumba) 4 days a week. I'm not the best runner, but I can jog for 30 minutes at a time ( I run on the treadmill 2 times a week).

Here's to becoming lean, mean, Zombie outlasting machines!!
  • hroush
    Options
    I've been a little disappointed that just when I find that where I live has a community bike shop (can work on my bike there for free!), I'll be moving out of state in a couple months. I then started toying with the idea with starting one where I'm moving to, so I did a little googling last night only to discover they already had one :grumble: Oh well, but at least I'll have a good, cheap source for bike parts so that when the zombies come I can ride away on my fortified bike :bigsmile: .

Check to see if your area has one, just for volunteering at the one where I'm moving to for 3 hours, you get a free bike, but you'll still have to fix it up.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I had to slow down with my running plans cause of my sore ankle... I'm done for. Gotta think strategy now.
  • hroush
    Options
    Find a high spot with few entrances, have a full arsenal, and unload.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Will the apartment roof be high enough, or is that bad, cause there's no way down if them make the stairs?
  • hroush
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Will the apartment roof be high enough, or is that bad, cause there's no way down if them make the stairs?

If there's only one entrance / exit, then you only have one place to guard. A staircase is easy to guard because it forces them through a bottleneck, a couple people could take out hundreds because only a couple are coming through at a time. Eventually the way will be blocked by corpses, keeping you safe for a while, as long as the food supply holds out. When the food does run out, you better hope someone remembered the rope ladder so someone can get down for supplies.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Im an amazing shot. So I'll be okay.
    But once I run out of bullets.... well, I cant run for $---, im just too lazy. XD
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Eventually the way will be blocked by corpses, keeping you safe for a while, as long as the food supply holds out. When the food does run out, you better hope someone remembered the rope ladder so someone can get down for supplies.
    I better start hauling stuff to the roof now! :noway: :wink: I appreciate the helpful advice!

Zombriana... Glad you're confident! :happy:
  • hroush
    Options
    Eventually the way will be blocked by corpses, keeping you safe for a while, as long as the food supply holds out. When the food does run out, you better hope someone remembered the rope ladder so someone can get down for supplies.
    I better start hauling stuff to the roof now! :noway: :wink: I appreciate the helpful advice!

Zombriana... Glad you're confident! :happy:

You should haul the stuff up at night and then bring it down again in the morning to help keep it protected from the elements (you don't want to start shooting to discover your gun's jammed). Think of the marvelous workout you'll get :bigsmile:

I love thinking about stuff like this. Most probably completely irrelevant and won't be used, but it's more fun then what I'm supposed to be doing. Speaking of what I'm supposed to be doing, I should get on that.
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    I cannot wait til our survival weekend, it's gonna be awesome to report back with all that I learned!

I seriously recommend that you all look into your local Zombie Research Society! We get to have fun stuff like this all the time!~
  • hroush
    Options
    I cannot wait til our survival weekend, it's gonna be awesome to report back with all that I learned!

I seriously recommend that you all look into your local Zombie Research Society! We get to have fun stuff like this all the time!~

You are my local Zombie Research Society!
  • Steph_135
    Options

You are my local Zombie Research Society!
    :laugh:
  • hroush
    Options
    Just thought I'd pass this along. I asked my wife earlier today what we should do if zombies attacked. Her response (from a sleep deprived haze) was to give them roofies so that they fall asleep, wake up, and forget what they were doing.
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    LOL I will gladly represent the online community of MFP. You are now all unofficial members of the Omaha chapter. When I take presidency in August, I'm so counting y'all as members. ;D

Mr. Bunny and I were joking earlier that if the outbreak happens anytime soon, we might be okay in terms of good survival food. We both carry a ton of protein bars and other "good" foods with us. Now to just make sure our GO bags are better stocked.

Am I allowed to promote our podcast on here? We aren't selling anything (and I haven't put my segment in for a while) but I don't want to get into trouble.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I LOVE This thread! Ever seen Zombieland? It talks about this exact issue!!! LOL Number one: cardio, cardio, cardio.

I *would* survive the zombie apocalypse. Being physically fit is numero uno, and the rest is prep that I won't bother writing about here. But thank you for the great laugh!