Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    Oo I could do a bike and trailer. Two kids--one is five and the other will be two in a couple weeks. This definitely might be the way to go! Or a bike with a little bike, though where in the world would I get that?
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Oo I could do a bike and trailer. Two kids--one is five and the other will be two in a couple weeks. This definitely might be the way to go! Or a bike with a little bike, though where in the world would I get that?

I've seen those "little bike" attachments that fit onto the back of an adult bike - I lalways thought it was a clever idea for biking with a little kid but it never occurred to me that this might be a great way to escape the hungry hordes of zombies when they come a-knockin'! I don't have kids, but I have a basket on the front of my bike for my dachshund. My husband doesn't have a bike....guess he's *kitten* outta luck...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Oo I could do a bike and trailer. Two kids--one is five and the other will be two in a couple weeks.

We've just got the single almost 2 year old. My husband goes on regular rides with her in the trailer to get ready... and we live on top of a hill so he's going to be REALLY ready. :laugh:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

I believe walmart has them or just check out any bike shop.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i'm in..with my shotgun

remember double tap
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    So Ive been going crazy because of my thesis and havent been in the gym for like 3 weeks... ugh!!! As soon as this is over, im going BACK!
  • hroush
    Options
    I feel horrible about having to cancel working out last night due to finals stuff. Ugh, I need to get my butt in gear so I can work out tomorrow.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    So Ive been going crazy because of my thesis and havent been in the gym for like 3 weeks... ugh!!! As soon as this is over, im going BACK!

is your thesis on "how to survive a zombie attack and the exercise program to aid survival"?
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    CARDIO! I lol'd at this because I do it toooooo! Right now, sadly I'd be zombie food... well more like breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and a late night snack >.< but after this 84lb tire I got lugging around those zombies won't stand a chance and, Alice, you will have some competition!

I love the whole zombie thing. I even have a friend that has his jeep and it has bars on the windows and shot guns in the back ready for when the zombies show up ^_^ That's all for now... now I need my cardio for today and I'll be one step closer to whooping some zombie *kitten*!
  • baisleac
    Options
    Ack! Thread too low on my "My Topics" page. We really just need a "Subscribe to this thread" option.

Anyhoo... In good Zombie Preparation News:
    * I've done some great bashing (upper body) work in while my ankle's been busted. I can now do almost two full pullups. Ooh Rah! :drinker:
    * And my ankle is almost as good as new and I'm back on the cardio train.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something, why is it that you rarely see a fat zombie? Usually they look almost anorexic.

Maybe brains are low in calories...
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something, why is it that you rarely see a fat zombie? Usually they look almost anorexic.

Maybe brains are low in calories...

OR maybe all the brains they eat fall out the rotted holes in their stomachs - the calories never make it to their hips and thighs. I guess there are some advantages to being the Walking Dead.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are two of my favorite books of all time. If you guys have only watched movies, you GOTTA read these, they are outstanding. Max Brooks is a true literary genius.

Anyway, I could outrun any zombie ever created except for maybe something from left for dead (the video game, those suckers really haul), My normal moderate cardio days are about 45 minutes of 7.5 to 8 mph (depending on how I feel), which is about what? 6 miles or so, but I could bump it up to 9 for a mile or so if I needed to. If I couldn't run, I'd be a Halberd type of guy (you know, a long spear with a mini rounded axe/sword at the end), keeps em at a distance and could chop off their head in a heart beat. I'd also have a crossbow as they pack some hefty punch, and you don't have to worry about ammo so much as long as you have a knife and wood around.

Did you know Max Brooks is Mel Brooks (the writer of "Blazing Saddles", "Space Balls" ect) son? Zombie Survival Guide was great.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, I love this topic! Yep, in my current state of non-jogging, I would have to hope for romero style slow zombies because I might stand a slight chance. Def need to get the speed up and also dexterity to be able to dodge their brain eating ways!
  • hroush
    Options
    Today is probably the most fun I've had in a long time. Volunteered helping people fix their bikes for a couple hours and then spent a couple hours working on my own. I then got in a quick workout before coming home. What to do now? I'm thinking some Grand Turismo 5 is in order as I haven't played it since February.

What makes today even better is that yesterday I spent 16 hours writing finals papers (I'm in computer science, why do I have to write papers?:ohwell: )
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Gotta brag.

It was announced tonight that in August, I'll be the official President of the Omaha Chapter for the Zombie Research Society.

Can I get a Booyah??

*goes off to sharpen blades to practice*
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I've been training for obstacle 5Ks. I've already completed one and can't wait to get two more under my belt. They really help with all aspects of surviving the impeding Zombie Apocolypse. You run, jump over things, climb walls, crawl under barbed wire, carry heavy loads and so on and so forth.

This is how I will be rolling in 2012. =0)
  • baisleac
    Options
    Gotta brag.

It was announced tonight that in August, I'll be the official President of the Omaha Chapter for the Zombie Research Society.

Can I get a Booyah??

Booyah!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hroush
    Options
    Gotta brag.

Can I get a Booyah??

Congrats.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    starting my workout plan today. Eventually, I will be able to kick some zombie butt!