Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I just came across the same house. Here is more information on it and more pictures.

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house

Just checked it out and it's beautiful! I want to live there RIGHT now :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If you look through the comments on the failblog link that I posted, there is a link to the designer's website that provides more information and kind of talks about how they built it. I would definitely change the "garage" front door though to a raising cement portcullis.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hey... if you have an account at BodyBuilding.com too... check out http://groups.bodybuilding.com/zombie_apocolypse_survival_training
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I want to move into that house. There has to be a weapons cache in there somewhere, too. Maybe a built-in turret or two?
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    So, I have to jump in here lol. Finding this thread was hilarious to me because when I started running this actually became my motivation. I was thinking about a zombie movie I watched and I was just like you know, I like to think I'd be that badass chick surviving and chopping off zombie heads, but in reality my fat *kitten* would probably be one of the first to get eaten. So that's what I thought about whenever I ran. Now it's this huge thing between me and my friend, ever since I told her I randomly get gifts in the mail like Zombie survival guide books lol.
  • hroush
    Options
    I just thought of something, why is it that you rarely see a fat zombie? Usually they look almost anorexic.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It's officially Zombie Awareness Month!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    had to post in this thread!
  • hroush
    Options
    Thought I'd do a little googling (it's only the weekend before finals, not like I have anything better to do) and I came across these two interesting articles. First, the 5 most common things in everyone's zombie attack plan that will kill you:

http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-popular-zombie-survival-tactics-that-will-get-you-killed/

I live in the dead (:ohwell: ) center of town. yup, I'll have to hunker down for a few days. There's a grocery store a half block away, that sounds like a good place to hold out.

Second, why a zombie outbreak will never occur:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly_p7.html

I've thought of a few things in the second article, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • hroush
    Options
    twas almost off my topics page, decided to give a little bump.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd do a little googling (it's only the weekend before finals, not like I have anything better to do) and I came across these two interesting articles. First, the 5 most common things in everyone's zombie attack plan that will kill you:

http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-popular-zombie-survival-tactics-that-will-get-you-killed/

I live in the dead (:ohwell: ) center of town. yup, I'll have to hunker down for a few days. There's a grocery store a half block away, that sounds like a good place to hold out.

Second, why a zombie outbreak will never occur:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly_p7.html

I've thought of a few things in the second article, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Thanks for the links. I like these.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    crossfit would probably be a good zombie apocalypse preparation workout. lol
  • StrawberryDrip
    Options
    Great motivation, I'm gonna use it :), because I do hope that 2012 is really going to be a zombie revolution! Be prepared!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to climb a tree and fit into small hiding spaces :)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent thread - I'm a proud member of the Bellingham Zombie Defense League on Facebook. The scene at the beginning of Dawn of the Dead (remake) where the little zombie girl broke into the main chick's bedroom and ate her husband reminded me of the importance of being able to outrun zombies.

And that sleeping nekkid might not be a good idea just in case you have to escape out the bathroom window and head to the mall.
  • hroush
    Options
    And that sleeping nekkid might not be a good idea just in case you have to escape out the bathroom window and head to the mall.

That isn't a problem for me as my bathroom doesn't have windows. :laugh:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options

if I have to give up on sleeping nekkid, then the zombies have already won. :laugh: :laugh:

my question about the kid from the beginning of "Dawn of the Dead" remake was how the heck did she get in the house? did they sleep with the front door unlocked?
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    I LOVE this topic! Can't believe that it took me this long to stumble upon it. My friends and I are always joking that we'd have no chance if a zombie outbreak occurred (we live in L.A and with all the people piled on each other it would just spread so quickly), but I can run for two hours straight--longer if it's a fast walk. the problem I run into is my kids! I'd have to get them out also, so I'd better start lifting some weights. That and keep my jogger stroller in an easily accessible place!
    As for weapons...I don't have any clue what I would do!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this topic! Can't believe that it took me this long to stumble upon it. My friends and I are always joking that we'd have no chance if a zombie outbreak occurred (we live in L.A and with all the people piled on each other it would just spread so quickly), but I can run for two hours straight--longer if it's a fast walk. the problem I run into is my kids! I'd have to get them out also, so I'd better start lifting some weights. That and keep my jogger stroller in an easily accessible place!
    As for weapons...I don't have any clue what I would do!

How many kids and how big? Would a bicycle and kid trailer work? :wink:
  • hroush
    Options
    How many kids and how big? Would a bicycle and kid trailer work? :wink:

If the kids are old enough a bike with a little bike attached to the back. This would be less weight, less rolling resistance, and they can help pedal.