Lenten Scale Diet Official Thread - Join us!

Options

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!! We are so gonna rock this "diet"!!! I'll try to check in daily with everyone!!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Okay- update- my official last weight was 174.6 I had to get one more weigh in this morning...which totally shows how hard this will be. My husband is TAKING my scale away!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Alright...whew. SW 154.6 (up a couple from last time, too...I could definitely use a break from the scale)...!
  • lorrainegd
    Options
    OK - just texted my hubby to take & hide my scale when he gets home. This will be so hard but when I changed my diet a week ago I wasn't going to weigh but I have done it every day twice a day all week. The obsession must end. I am doing this for health not numbers. I need to make the jump. Let's do it!

Last weigh in: 142.5 lbs
  • sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    Options
    hid the scale this morning - stepped on @ 126 - then off it went out of my sight!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Ok, I'm in!!!! My weight today was 217!
  • sneakers71
    Options
    I'm in! Giving up cheese for Lent, even at the begging of my boyfriend to "please choose something else!"
  • sneakers71
    Options
    giving up CHEESE!!!! wow, I wish I had your strength!! Good Luck!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think my scale is trying to "sweettalk" its way back into my life - I actually had a good weigh in today! Anyone else???
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Giving up cheese for Lent, even at the begging of my boyfriend to "please choose something else!"

You are a stronger person than I am! :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Hi, scale dieters! :)

I came across another challenge a few minutes ago that will help us stick to our resolution to not go near the scale. Go over to this other Lenten challenge and focus on some NSV's! (non-scale victories)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/187564-the-3-mini-goals-lent-challenge-starting-wednesday-9th-marc
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options

You are a stronger person than I am! :)

Thanks everyone! It's going to be VERY difficult for me since I'm definitely addicted...could eat a half-pound brick in one sitting with absolutely no problem at all. I do think it's one of my progress blockers though! Let's see what happens! Good luck to everyone!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yay Jenn!!!! Love ya!!
    Ok, I'm in!!!! My weight today was 217!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think my scale is trying to "sweettalk" its way back into my life - I actually had a good weigh in today! Anyone else???
    Mine was awfully sweet this morning, as well... starting weight is 189.7 :happy: 190 was my goal for today, and I just barely made it by the skin of my teeth... getting here, however, was evidence enough that it is time for a scale diet--I weighed myself THREE times this morning (w/in about a 30 min time period) just to make sure it wasn't going to go any lower :blushing:

I am actually Catholic, so my goal in this challenge is actually NOT to hide the scale--Lent is about giving up something you truly adore and/or are addicted to... for me, not seeing the scale will not be hard--it's seeing the corner peek out from under the bed and NOT getting on that will really test me! I'll also be giving-up alcohol... not a huge deal since I've all but cut-it-out, but with the combination I'm sure gonna be going crazy!!! :grumble:

:heart: So, without further ado, HAPPY MARDI GRAS and FAT TUESDAY, Y'ALL! I'll be livin it up tonight :drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm in 225 as of this morning. Looking forward to a glorious Easter.

I'm giving up being sedentatry for lent. At least 30 minutes of exercise daily.

Are we going to check in somehow during our Lenten journey?
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am in a challenge at work that requires a weigh in every other week, but that will be it! I am totally addicted to my scale, checking it every time I use the bathroom at home, sometimes twice! I will stick it under the bed when I get home today.

Starting weight: 185.2
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I told my fiance the scale needs to be hidden deep in his car trunk. That way, there is NO way I can get it! All three scales...may I add LOL
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am in. I will be weighing in the morning of 3/8 to get my starting weight and on 3/20 because I already committed to a weigh in on that date for a challenge I am doing with the hubs. Other than that not getiting on it except to play Wii (I use my Wii balance board as my scale). Good luck everyone! :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm debating this..... hmmmmmmmm...... I think I may throw a temper tantrum if I do it, but.......

I'll think about it. If I do - will weigh in the morning for the final time. :sad:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I know I think this is going to be harder than I thought... I already trying to justify that it would be ok to get one more weigh in tomorrow... god help me! :)