you met WHERE?

Options

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Our closest friends attempted to create a "chance encounter" FIVE different times...

One month later he asked me to lunch and a movie, but when I suggested the Notre Dame game he just about fell over...head over heels, that is! 20 years later we're still watching football (& NASCAR) together, albeit die-hard opponents!

I love that man soooo :heart: he is my best friend, my soul mate, and altho we've been all over the world together, home is wherever he is :heart:

thx Mike & Barb for seeing the forever after in the two of us :smooched:
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I met my wife at work 3 1/2 years ago. Been married since 10/10/10. She is easily the best thing that has ever happened to me! Here's to the next 40 - 50 years ahead!

Thanks to everyone sharing their stories. It's so interesting to see what others have done and gone through.

Matt
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    As a college freshman at a big university, I was dating a co-worker at the dorm food service. I hung out on his dorm floor a lot, and met several of the guys from his floor. Since they all had to eat, I got to see them quite often when they came through the line at work. There was one in particular that I always thought was kinda cute and very nice, but I never really thought about dating him. A couple years went by, and the guys all moved out of the dorm, and my co-worker and I eventually broke up. One night when I was walking across campus, I ran into the kinda cute guy and we talked for a while. I remember thinking, "He's a really nice guy!" Sometime after that, I moved into a new apartment. Our washer and dryer weren't working, so I went to the building next door to use theirs. Guess who lived in the building next door? The really nice guy! And he was still kinda cute :) We started hanging out together, had our first date a few weeks later, and were married within 6 months. That was 27 years ago! Guess what? He's still kinda cute :-)
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Haha at the grocery store. But we both worked there
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We met at church. I "rescued" him from another girl.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    i met my hubby when he was 6 months old...i used to push him around in his pushchair when i went to kindy with his older brother....so we go way back....then we lost track and became youth group leaders together...
  • cathyannemarie
    Options
    Met my husband in high school in a "Foods and You" class. The first thing we ever made together was dill dip!
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Bump these are awesome stories
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    On Match.com
  • nerdgirlash
    Options
    i met my husband eight years ago at Cedar Point. He was from a town 45 miles away, and I was from a town 85 miles away. We started dating about 7 months later and have been together ever since. Married 3 years Feb 22nd this year. <3
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    We rode the bus together every morning & night for almost 3 months before he really noticed me. But I knew from the first time that I saw him that we would be together one day. He was always either buried in a good book or talking about football with one of my friends, two of my favorite hobbies. The whole bus was involved in hooking us up, from the busdriver to all the other regulars (thank you NJTransit 455 for our happiness). I took the same bus to meet him for our first date & you could hear the "awwwww" from the bus as it pulled away. It was such a fast paced romance, we were living together by the end of the first month, engaged after 6 months (on Christmas morning), & married the day before the 1 year anniversay of our first date. Just for poetic justice we even took the bus part of the way home from our honeymoon. We will be married for 2 years in June, together for 3, and I know it will be forever since that is what we vowed, "til death do we part".

AWWW!!!!
    That is without doubt the most adorable story I've heard yet!!!

Congratulations you two, you sound perfect for each other :heart:
  • mmannequinn
    mmannequinn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i met my fiance on myspace in 2004.....finally got engaged (7.03.10) we've been together for 6 years <3 i still think i would of met him some how even if it wasn't for myspace....we went to the same college and had classes next to each other!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Aww everyone has such nice stories!
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    i met my husband eight years ago at Cedar Point. He was from a town 45 miles away, and I was from a town 85 miles away. We started dating about 7 months later and have been together ever since. Married 3 years Feb 22nd this year. <3

I live right by Cedar Point! Awesome story!
  • csc101769
    csc101769 Posts: 53
    Options
    I met my sweetheart on Plenty of Fish.com almost 2 years ago but just started dating last June :)
    He is a God send......I can't picture ever being without him.
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend through a BAND!

I had known the band for several years, and they invited me out on tour with them for a few days. My boyfriend was helping them out on the road (his best friend is their drummer). We hit it off immediately and everyone noticed. I ended up going out with them 3 more times in the next 4 months, so we could spend more time together. After that point, he moved across the country to be with me. :heart:

The funny thing is, he was living in Las Vegas, and the band is from southern California, whereas I live in Massachusetts. Without the band, there is no way we would have ever met!
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The Crossroads in the Barrens, back in the vanilla days. He was sitting on his pony with his Krol blade and I just thought he was too cool for school. 3 years of online friendship before we met and things started heating up, Lol!!

LOL! There's nothing like a romantic sunset over Booty Bay to get my heart a-pitter-pattering.

My boyfriend and I met in the lab where he worked. I was on my knees, digging through his lab's fridge to find some blood agar plates, when he asked if I needed help. I looked over and saw the coolest shoes I'd ever seen with a nerd in a lab coat on top of them. We'll be together two years next month.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i met my bf at a bar on St. Patricks day last year. We chatted for awhile and then his ride was leaving so he pulled out a chinese receipt out his pocket and told me to write my number down. i NEVER give out my number at bars...not sure what made this time different :) he texted me the next day and informed me how drunk he was the night before and that he didnt remember much at all which made me feel like a complete idiot!! I still bring up that night to him and pick on him for not remembering me. And every now and then when we're in the middle of arguing, ill throw in a "That damn chinese receipt!!" just to make him laugh. He keeps reassuring me that just because we didnt have a very "romantic meeting" doesnt mean our relationship isnt great beacause it obviously has worked out for us so far :) and guess where we are going next week on St. Patricks day?? yep...the same bar...but this time he WILL remember me! lol
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on my mothers front porch. He had just come back from his second tour in Iraq as a medic and was stationed at the military post near where I live working at the same medical clinic my mother did. They just happened to be out for a smoke at the same time and he saw her volunteer fire department jacket and asked her where he could ride to keep his medic up to date. So she told him about the department she was in and kind of took him under her wing (he was from Texas and had no other friends here). I volunteer at a different fire department, and one day after a call I was all hot, sweaty, and smoky and went to use my mothers shower. That's when I saw the most handsome man I have ever met standing on my mom's front porch smoking a cigarette. After that I began to hang out with them all the time. I even joined the same department as my mother to be around him more often. At first he and I had to hide the fact that we liked each other and that we were seeing each other. We were afraid my mother wouldn't understand and might think she was being used. But after awhile we couldn't really hide it anymore. A week later I moved in with him. Monday (a year and a half later) we go and sign a lease on a house.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    In a jazz cafe... its not as classy as it sounds though - lots of smoking and cheap wine - ah the days :)