HCG Diet

Options

Replies

• ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Here is an interesting article on just how much the FDA cares about you, the tax payer (you do pay taxes right?), that pays for their existence:

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-business/fda-8220corruption-8221-letter-authenticated-lawyers-start-your-engines/4396

and another

http://consciouslifenews.com/attorney-discusses-pharma-government-fda-corruption/111774/

and another

http://coto2.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/fda-system-approves-nonexistent-product-from-nonexistent-company-for-human-testing/

and another

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/13/FDA-Admits-to-Massive-Conflict-of-Interest.aspx

and another

http://www.medicationsense.com/articles/jan_apr_06/conflict_of_interest_020306.html

Shall I keep going...if we want to bring in government agencies, politics, and policies into this little debate, I'm game...hope ya can play hard ball.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Yes Grokette, by all means, continue to use the HCG drops - I mean you've lost a total of 8 lbs on them since LAST YEAR, while I've lost 16 lbs NOT DOING HCG & EATING HEALTHY sinc Jan 20th! By all means...go for it!

Actually you are totally, totally wrong.

I have not recorded my weight since I started this round and I will post my loss once the round is over.

I lost 38 pounds doing HCG plan between last July and October and have kept the weight OFF. Those 8 pounds are what I lost from the end of January to February just eating the Paleo standards that is my normal plan............

You don't even know what you are talking about, and I am not about to argue with you. I can tell you though I am averaging about 8/10 of a pound per day. You do the math.
  • ambrosij
    Options
    Wow. Way to assume that the tracker is up to date, or that you know this person, their body or what they have tried. As a matter of fact you should probably write a book so we can apply what ever you did to the general public so everyone can be as successful as you. I just lost 32 in a month by doing HCG, then eating healthy, and will probably lose thirty more over the next few weeks doing exercise and then who knows maybe even another 15 during my next round of HCG. What a stupid game to play, and what a rude comment. I can understand you being rude to me, Im a jerk...but Im a jerk to everyone...that person has not attacked any one...you are a super cool person, I wish I could meet you in real life, I would take notes and everything just so I could be just like you.
    Yes Grokette, by all means, continue to use the HCG drops - I mean you've lost a total of 8 lbs on them since LAST YEAR, while I've lost 16 lbs NOT DOING HCG & EATING HEALTHY sinc Jan 20th! By all means...go for it!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I would rather do it the healthy way, and I am, getting the same result, well better since I am not eating just 500 cals a day. I'm eating under 1400 but it varies and I exercise. I am averaging about .4 a day but between yesterday and today I lost .8 lbs :)))
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Wow. Way to assume that the tracker is up to date, or that you know this person, their body or what they have tried. As a matter of fact you should probably write a book so we can apply what ever you did to the general public so everyone can be as successful as you. I just lost 32 in a month by doing HCG, then eating healthy, and will probably lose thirty more over the next few weeks doing exercise and then who knows maybe even another 15 during my next round of HCG. What a stupid game to play, and what a rude comment. I can understand you being rude to me, Im a jerk...but Im a jerk to everyone...that person has not attacked any one...you are a super cool person, I wish I could meet you in real life, I would take notes and everything just so I could be just like you.

Ha ha, what a grand ASSumption..................

We all know what we get for ASSuming...............maybe you, but not me.
  • janesmith1
    Options

Speaking of which, I did ask you to tell me if "before" when you said "before you tried weight loss" "it didn't work for you", so I asked you and I'll ask you again, were you eating under 1400 calories a day and exercising? Somehow you never answered my question ...so I'm still waiting.......for your answer......
  • ambrosij
    Options
    Janesmith,

Your making another broad assumption, that you are getting the same results "only better." How much are you exercising? Are you subtracting your exercised calories from your intake? You can still starve yourself by working off more calories than you are taking in, Are you getting your BF% checked regularly? Most dietitian approved diets are expected to result in a loss of 10% muscle mass...HCG- only 2-4%. So you do it your way, we will do it our way, and in the end I will retain more muscle mass and have a better chance of keeping it off because of it...argue it all you want the success stories speak for themselves...and what is your obsession with HCG anyway? Do you just troll around th forums looking for HCG postings so you can put in your two cents? Or start forums just to bash HCG? I dont get it...do you troll around bashing on phentermine, alli, and ephedra as well? Im just trying to understand your motivation

I would rather do it the healthy way, and I am, getting the same result, well better since I am not eating just 500 cals a day. I'm eating under 1400 but it varies and I exercise. I am averaging about .4 a day but between yesterday and today I lost .8 lbs :)))
  • ambrosij
    Options
    I didnt answer your question because you said you thought I need psychiatric help...which I found kind of humerus. Two wars, several deployments, and lots of dead buddies later the Army definitely makes you see your fair share of quacks...whom by the way I think is big waste of government dollars...so no I don't have an underlying psychiatric need. And yes, I was eating under 1400 calories and exercising...I lost weight until I went back to a 2500 calorie diet...not only that I couldn't stay awake for a full day of work (which usually starts at about 0530 and ends at oh we will say 7 or 8pm)...not only that I would sleep all weekend and I was miserable...what a healthy sociable and great success that was.

Speaking of which, I did ask you to tell me if "before" when you said "before you tried weight loss" "it didn't work for you", so I asked you and I'll ask you again, were you eating under 1400 calories a day and exercising? Somehow you never answered my question ...so I'm still waiting.......for your answer......
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense in the context of what I was replying to.
    Yes because the FDA has never approved a drug that is very dangerous for even the prescribed use and then forced the manufacturer to issue a recall only months later after the damage has done, in which a class action lawsuit is filed, lawyers get rich, insurance companies cover the suit, and they settle out of court by including an extra disclaimer in the description...mean while the Senator whose home state houses that pharmaceutical company lines his pockets with donations and favors...yes the FDA totally has your best interests in mind.

I started "dieting" on February 20th - counted calories 1200-1500 day and weighed every day.
    Daily weight-ins follow: 190, 190, 189, 191, 192, 190, 187, 191, 188 - so about 2 lbs after about 9 days, not too bad.
    I was going to try hcg and did this to see what was going on before I started it

LD Mon and Tues, (Feb 28/29) 188 and 191 - (custard malts, double cheeseburgers, a pound of bacon, eggs, real pepsi, cheese, I really did "load" on the fats) Started SL hcg on Mon. (bought on internet, tested pos for hcg)
    Daily weigh-ins starting Wed, d1 of vlcd
    190, 187, 188, 184, 184, 185, 184, 183 - about 7 lbs after 8 days

I feel well, no headaches, a little dizzyness if I stand up too quickly (but that happened on normal 1200-1500 cal diet too)
    I'm eating small amounts every 2 hours and eating my protein 2 x day, and drinking lots of water.
    I wil continue on the first phase, do phase 3 and 4 and then decide if I want to start it again.

Guess you have to decide for yourself if you want to try this stuff.....the only thing you have to lose is weight

I agree that you have to decide for youself..100%! My only problem is that there is NO scientific evidence (besides 2 studies done by a person closely associate with the hcg "diet,"...which is a red flag to anyone reading statistics) shows that it is the hcg hormone. If you want to lose weight following the diet at 500 calories a day...fine! You'll lose! I don't think ANYONE is doubting that. It's the hcg hormone I have a problem with. I have not read ONE THING BY AN RD that says it's good, and NOTHING BASED ON QUANTITATIVE DATA. That's where my problem is at.

That...and I'm worried about people developing an eating disorder from this. I know there is no scientific evidence for this, just my personal experience....but I remember when I developed my eating disorder, and you do feel good with the low calories. You get to a point where you feel hungry, and you tell yourself "ok....just get past this and it will pass." Which...it does, and then your floating on a high of overcoming the hunger...and seeing the scale go down. My point...the hcg part, is a scam for people to make money. Do the diet on your own without the drops...you'll get the same results.

Take care all who do it! I would LOVE to hear follow up stories after a month or 2 or 3 of stopping it.

ANYONE EATING 500 CALORIES A DAY WILL LOSE WEIGHT...ther is NO argument about that!

(And jstalittlecrzy...this is NO means meant at you....you just provided a statement that worked perfect with what I wanted to say. So thanks:)

I did the 500 calorie plan without the HCG and you WILL NOT see the same results. I was hungry, no energy and very evil and lethargic. And I was not really losing any weight...............

With using the HCG (I got a prescription from my doctor and got it filled at a local Compounding pharmacy).

The only scientfic information I need is the manuscript that Dr Simeons wrote all those years ago.

And, if the FDA deems HCG having such bad side effects, why is it approved at much HIGHER doses for fertility treatments? I injected doses of HCG about 10 - 15 times higher than what they prescribe for weight loss when I was under going fertility treatments....................

If you don't see the double standard the FDA is trying to set, then you are all but blind.

Darn that FDA and their double standards. Just like they approve Oxycodone for pain management, but not for weight loss. Who are they to decide to only approve medication for uses for which they actually work.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I didnt answer your question because you said you thought I need psychiatric help...which I found kind of humerus. Two wars, several deployments, and lots of dead buddies later the Army definitely makes you see your fair share of quacks...whom by the way I think is big waste of government dollars...so no I don't have an underlying psychiatric need. And yes, I was eating under 1400 calories and exercising...I lost weight until I went back to a 2500 calorie diet...not only that I couldn't stay awake for a full day of work (which usually starts at about 0530 and ends at oh we will say 7 or 8pm)...not only that I would sleep all weekend and I was miserable...what a healthy sociable and great success that was.

I didn't say you needed psychiatric help!

The only odd thing is that you say you were eating under 1400 cals a day and losing.....then you went back to a 2500 cal a day diet....which is probably because you had no control over the food intake.

As far as exercising, yes I am.....feel free to check my diary. I sweat off about 300+/- calories each time I exercise, which is about 4x per week unless we go bike riding.

So, what I'm saying is, when you can, try it the healthy way....you'll be surprised at the results, and you already had great results doing it the healthy way previously.
  • ambrosij
    Options
    I went back to a 2500 calorie diet because I am a 225 pound male that exercises on a daily basis and had absolutely no energy or life eating under 1400 calories. 1400 calories, with exercise is simply unsustainable for any significant amount of time without totally going into a starvation mode. At least for some one that was my size (250 at the time, might have been 260) and activity level. Even at 2500 calories a day, based on the charts I should have been losing weight, but I wasnt.

The only odd thing is that you say you were eating under 1400 cals a day and losing.....then you went back to a 2500 cal a day diet....which is probably because you had no control over the food intake.

As far as exercising, yes I am.....feel free to check my diary. I sweat off about 300+/- calories each time I exercise, which is about 4x per week unless we go bike riding.

So, what I'm saying is, when you can, try it the healthy way....you'll be surprised at the results, and you already had great results doing it the healthy way previously.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Did you see a nutritionist and an MD? Interesting since I am now a 228 lb female - down from 244 using those kinds of cals...but everyone is different. With all your stints and the armed forces I would think you could see a nutritionist to get you on track. Isn't HCG just 500 cals a day...or are you eating more than that with hcg?
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    OK this is mostly a bump to watch the endless carnage. But . . I do find it a tiny bit humorous that the HCG stand by used repeatedly of "if it didn't work for you you did it wrong" is now being used against those that failed at a healthy diet.
  • ambrosij
    Options
    I havnt had great results doing it the "healthy way" since I basically put myself into an anorexic state through exercise in college. I also was a national level Nordic skier from the time I was 15 until the time I was about 19 (school didn't have a ski team so it got too expensive to keep up at that point). So I am sure part of my problem has been what I did to my body to be the level athlete I was from 15 to 19, and then basically gave it up without a substitute activity in its place. Interesting that a few years ago my boss and I were the only two "heavy" guys in our unit, and I was a national level (which are Olympic qualifier races, yes Olympics...in the last winter Olympics it gave me goose bumps to see a bunch of the people I used to race against, one of the guys I used to run the mountains with in Lake Placid actually medaled...good for him) skiier and he was a former pro hockey player for the buffalo sabers...Im seeing a trend forming...two previously elite athletes, now two overweight Soldiers...hmm.

• ambrosij
    Options
    I was flagged for being overweight a couple years ago (and then quickly lost that extra weight to remove the flag because that is a big black mark that you dont want) and you have to see a nutritionist it is mandatory, but all a nutritionist does...at least our nutritionist is order a couple labs and then give you a class on healthy eating...pretty useless information if you already know it and are either not applying it or for whatever reason it isnt effective. Men require more calories then females, for the same reason that a healthy female will be at 25% body fat and a male will be at about 19% body fat. Men simply burn more calories than women do by doing nothing but standing there. HCG is just 500 calories a day...yes...and this is where it gets confusing and debated and everyone cries malarchy...I was exercising while on the protocol about 30 minutes of cardio per day, which is less than my normal routing, every day from 6:30 until 8am is blocked off for exercise....I used the rest of the time just for some stretching and some very mild lifting. Because I was exercising I ate a bit more than 500 calories, I was eating between 600-800 a day. Now as I said when I was on a low calorie diet previously I was not losing weight very quickly, I was extremely tired during the day, sleeping poorly at night and absolutely miserable. Now placebo or not while using the HCG I could not only maintain that low calorie diet but had more energy, simply was not hungry, slept better at night, and just felt BETTER both in general and about myself. Thats why I have to defend the stuff because to me it just doesnt seem like coincidence that all this stuff happened while taking HCG where when I was eating twice as many calories I was miserable and the weight loss was marginal. The premise behind it is that the HCG triggers the brain into producing chemicals that trigger fat stores to release fat into the blood stream...which means that while you are only consuming 500 or so calories your body is really not being deprived of anything as it is metabolizing those reserves. It is hard to bite off...but after experiencing what I did I am bitting whole and swallowing.
    Did you see a nutritionist and an MD? Interesting since I am now a 228 lb female - down from 244 using those kinds of cals...but everyone is different. With all your stints and the armed forces I would think you could see a nutritionist to get you on track. Isn't HCG just 500 cals a day...or are you eating more than that with hcg?
  • ambrosij
    Options
    I believe that was in response to the sarcastic comment you made about the FDA not approving oxycodone for weight loss, and while your logic was understandable your faith in the FDA's intentions is laughable...but wait your turn I can only argue with one person at a time.
    I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense in the context of what I was replying to.
    Yes because the FDA has never approved a drug that is very dangerous for even the prescribed use and then forced the manufacturer to issue a recall only months later after the damage has done, in which a class action lawsuit is filed, lawyers get rich, insurance companies cover the suit, and they settle out of court by including an extra disclaimer in the description...mean while the Senator whose home state houses that pharmaceutical company lines his pockets with donations and favors...yes the FDA totally has your best interests in mind.

I started "dieting" on February 20th - counted calories 1200-1500 day and weighed every day.
    Daily weight-ins follow: 190, 190, 189, 191, 192, 190, 187, 191, 188 - so about 2 lbs after about 9 days, not too bad.
    I was going to try hcg and did this to see what was going on before I started it

LD Mon and Tues, (Feb 28/29) 188 and 191 - (custard malts, double cheeseburgers, a pound of bacon, eggs, real pepsi, cheese, I really did "load" on the fats) Started SL hcg on Mon. (bought on internet, tested pos for hcg)

I feel well, no headaches, a little dizzyness if I stand up too quickly (but that happened on normal 1200-1500 cal diet too)
    I'm eating small amounts every 2 hours and eating my protein 2 x day, and drinking lots of water.
    I wil continue on the first phase, do phase 3 and 4 and then decide if I want to start it again.

Guess you have to decide for yourself if you want to try this stuff.....the only thing you have to lose is weight

I agree that you have to decide for youself..100%! My only problem is that there is NO scientific evidence (besides 2 studies done by a person closely associate with the hcg "diet,"...which is a red flag to anyone reading statistics) shows that it is the hcg hormone. If you want to lose weight following the diet at 500 calories a day...fine! You'll lose! I don't think ANYONE is doubting that. It's the hcg hormone I have a problem with. I have not read ONE THING BY AN RD that says it's good, and NOTHING BASED ON QUANTITATIVE DATA. That's where my problem is at.

That...and I'm worried about people developing an eating disorder from this. I know there is no scientific evidence for this, just my personal experience....but I remember when I developed my eating disorder, and you do feel good with the low calories. You get to a point where you feel hungry, and you tell yourself "ok....just get past this and it will pass." Which...it does, and then your floating on a high of overcoming the hunger...and seeing the scale go down. My point...the hcg part, is a scam for people to make money. Do the diet on your own without the drops...you'll get the same results.

Take care all who do it! I would LOVE to hear follow up stories after a month or 2 or 3 of stopping it.

ANYONE EATING 500 CALORIES A DAY WILL LOSE WEIGHT...ther is NO argument about that!

(And jstalittlecrzy...this is NO means meant at you....you just provided a statement that worked perfect with what I wanted to say. So thanks:)

I did the 500 calorie plan without the HCG and you WILL NOT see the same results. I was hungry, no energy and very evil and lethargic. And I was not really losing any weight...............

With using the HCG (I got a prescription from my doctor and got it filled at a local Compounding pharmacy).

The only scientfic information I need is the manuscript that Dr Simeons wrote all those years ago.

And, if the FDA deems HCG having such bad side effects, why is it approved at much HIGHER doses for fertility treatments? I injected doses of HCG about 10 - 15 times higher than what they prescribe for weight loss when I was under going fertility treatments....................

If you don't see the double standard the FDA is trying to set, then you are all but blind.

Darn that FDA and their double standards. Just like they approve Oxycodone for pain management, but not for weight loss. Who are they to decide to only approve medication for uses for which they actually work.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I'm not sure how you can know what my faith in the FDA's intentions are let alone find them laughable. Not once have I mentioned my faith or lack of faith in the FDA on this or any other board. Regardless of a person's faith or lack of faith in the intentions of the FDA, it is a ludicrous assertion that it is a double standard to approve a drug with a proven medical benefit and not approve the same drug for another use where it doesn't have a proven medical benefit.

I believe that was in response to the sarcastic comment you made about the FDA not approving oxycodone for weight loss, and while your logic was understandable your faith in the FDA's intentions is laughable...but wait your turn I can only argue with one person at a time.

• MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I have the right to judge the diet choices that an adult under the supervision of a doctor makes, particularly when I've made awful choices several different ways myself.

But I will say that it stresses me out when people just order hcg online and start the diet, without even consulting with their doctor. I firmly believe that that is stupid and dangerous, but I read about people doing it all the time. Seriously, your health matters. Find a doctor who cares enough to get to know you and will help you stay on a healthy track where you aren't doing harm to your body.
  • superninjatam
    superninjatam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There are only these possible reasons for pursuing this diet:

- general stupidity (what diet has ever worked other than regular exercise and healthy eating?)
    - eating disorder (injecting hormones? Malnutrition? What about a common sense injection?)
    - extreme low self worth/ gullibility (get new friends)

If you're on this diet, you need to figure out why you are prepared to savage your body like that. Seriously, don't fall for that snake oil bull****! Yes it makes me furious that these *kitten* are preying on vulnerable people for a quick buck
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I just have 2 more comments quick before I'm done on here....and it's nothing to do with hcg.

1. Google searching and finding random websites do not always contain professional information, and nonbiased information.

2. FDA approving meds for illnesses is based on the research that has been done. That's why any medical research needs to replicated MULTIPLE times to ensure they get the same results to: 1. add to the valitidy of the drug and 2. to test if there are any side effects. Without extensive research on anything, danger could be associated with certain drugs.

That's all I'm sayng...I'm out.