*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* Week #10 Discussion 3.11.

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Have any of you tried the LARABARs? I got a a free samples of the Apple Pie and Peanut Butter ones. I tried the Apple Pie one it was really yummo! They are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Non-GMO, Vegan and Kosher. I will be getting more when I go to the store next. I think this will be my new sweet treat. :love:

I heard of them for the first time on BL last week. can you find them in any store? are they expensive? do you buy them individually or do they come in a box?
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    After June 1, I won't have 40 pounds to lose before I get to my goal, but I would love to continue the challenge for another cycle. The support on here is amazing and I wouldn't have come this far without all of you.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Three things I like about myself.
    1) my green eyes
    2) my legs
    3) my stubbon streak
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    So I gained 4.2 this week. As I said before I had a rough 2 weeks with a lot of chaos going on. I made poor decisions on eatting and even worse did not make time for myself to exercise. Things to change this week: EXERCISE and COUNTING CALORIES AGAIN.

Monday I started up Biggest Loser Last Chance 6 week program. Day 1 went well it was a great workout. The dvd has a calendar on it so I will be following that schedule with 1 day off per week for the next 6 weeks. Really exciting about it!

I have been recording everything that goes into my mouth. I also want to try zig zaging my calories and put the days that I eat higher on the weekend to keep me on track better.

Hoping it goes better this week!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow snowflakes, Good Morning!

I figured out how to upload your pictures on the profile page BUT How are we posting the before and after pictures in our signature?
    Please, Can anyone help?

THANK YOu!!!!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    All the water weight from my trip to Mexico is gone, plus some!! Woo hoo!!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    All the water weight from my trip to Mexico is gone, plus some!! Woo hoo!!!

Thats great!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    bump..

I've been extreamly busy..
  • Krys_T
    Options
    So I gained 4.2 this week. As I said before I had a rough 2 weeks with a lot of chaos going on. I made poor decisions on eatting and even worse did not make time for myself to exercise. Things to change this week: EXERCISE and COUNTING CALORIES AGAIN.

Monday I started up Biggest Loser Last Chance 6 week program. Day 1 went well it was a great workout. The dvd has a calendar on it so I will be following that schedule with 1 day off per week for the next 6 weeks. Really exciting about it!

I have been recording everything that goes into my mouth. I also want to try zig zaging my calories and put the days that I eat higher on the weekend to keep me on track better.

Hoping it goes better this week!

It is quite alright dear...you will get ovet the hump..it seems like a lot of us have been having some "life issues" throwing us off. But we will get through it...one day at a time!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried the LARABARs? I got a a free samples of the Apple Pie and Peanut Butter ones. I tried the Apple Pie one it was really yummo! They are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Non-GMO, Vegan and Kosher. I will be getting more when I go to the store next. I think this will be my new sweet treat. :love:

I heard of them for the first time on BL last week. can you find them in any store? are they expensive? do you buy them individually or do they come in a box?

I found them in the organic section. One box was $5.99 for 5 full size bars and they also had variety boxes of mini bars for $8.99 I don't remember how many was in the box. I haven't looked for them any wheres else.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I found them in the organic section. One box was $5.99 for 5 full size bars and they also had variety boxes of mini bars for $8.99 I don't remember how many was in the box. I haven't looked for them any wheres else.

Thanks for the info, I will have to look for them the next time I am at the market. Probably this weekend as I was just there today.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info, I will have to look for them the next time I am at the market. Probably this weekend as I was just there today.

You welcome girl! I was wondering if I could make something like them. I will experiment at some point.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My one year wedding aniversery is this weekend. So we are going to go have some fun, and get some exercise. We are going to go to Devils Lake and take a 3-5 hike in the wood along/up/down the bluffs. Then we are going to go back to the hotel and take a swim. Than a nap and out for dinner and dancing.

I even managed to fit into a dress that I have been wanting to get back into.
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Loss .6 this week.... that's from eating in restaurant for 5 days... oh well, at least I did not gain...

Congrats everyone!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    THREE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MYSELF:

1. my leadership
    2. my BIG heart because I love helping everyone
    3. my generosity
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I peaked at the scale this morning, I'm up a pound. I hope its gone by Friday. I dont even mind breaking even, but I don't want to record a gain. I guess I am being punished for the poor late night choices that I make. But Wed and Thurs are my high calorie burn days, so I really hope that helps.
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Emerging Sunshines!

So last night I was reading this article in Women's Health Magazine about having grit and determination to achieve goals. And there was a story about this woman who was out of shape, but always imagined herself a winning swimmer and she went on to win this amazing swimming race, beating out Olympic swimmers. I thought about, I dreamt about and I realize that I've had grit and determination in every single aspect of my life except when it comes to getting in shape and staying in shape. Well, today is the first day of the rest of my life as they say. I have grit, you have grit. We all have grit in so many areas of our lives and now we rub it off into ourselves and the whole world will unfold for us. Forgive my platitudes, but I just believe in my heart, that every single woman on this challenge is one step closer to her goal in one way shape or form. We have to committed to an idea and every single day, in one way shape or form, show our grit.

I'm so proud of you, and us. We've got the true grit.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    [...]
    Well, today is the first day of the rest of my life as they say. I have grit, you have grit. We all have grit in so many areas of our lives and now we rub it off into ourselves and the whole world will unfold for us. Forgive my platitudes, but I just believe in my heart, that every single woman on this challenge is one step closer to her goal in one way shape or form. We have to committed to an idea and every single day, in one way shape or form, show our grit.

I think you're exactly right with this. It's pushing and forging ahead once you're in the right groove. It might take a while to find it. Sometimes I feel very lucky on how's it been going for me (knock on wood), but that's after being obese for the largest part of my adult life. But there's a very clear lifestyle change. And now that my weight seems to want to hang around the same number right at the obese/overweight line, after 3 weeks of larger than expected losses, I'm completely serene about it -- I thought I'd be freaking out, but no sign of it. Body's adjusting, and that's fine.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning Emerging Sunshines!

So last night I was reading this article in Women's Health Magazine about having grit and determination to achieve goals. And there was a story about this woman who was out of shape, but always imagined herself a winning swimmer and she went on to win this amazing swimming race, beating out Olympic swimmers. I thought about, I dreamt about and I realize that I've had grit and determination in every single aspect of my life except when it comes to getting in shape and staying in shape. Well, today is the first day of the rest of my life as they say. I have grit, you have grit. We all have grit in so many areas of our lives and now we rub it off into ourselves and the whole world will unfold for us. Forgive my platitudes, but I just believe in my heart, that every single woman on this challenge is one step closer to her goal in one way shape or form. We have to committed to an idea and every single day, in one way shape or form, show our grit.

I'm so proud of you, and us. We've got the true grit.

You are sooooo right about this. Everyone here is one step closer to their goal. It is really all about digging deep and KNOWING you can do it! It is a hard road...and it is just like seeing people on "The Biggest Loser" they have all kinds of stories, but then they are there to truly reach their goal...period...and we have to think the same way....if we want it to happen, we have to make it happen...every single day!
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    Robynrae_1 .... HAPPY ANNIVERSAY ! Sounds like your going to have a wonderful Weekend, ENJOY!!!!!!

Leandread ..... Thanks for the story!!! Grit, grit, grit. We gotta get that GRIT!!!!! :angry: Strength! Determination! Fight! Willpower!
    WE CAN ALL DO THIS!! NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!! We can take conrol of OUR LIVES, right Now, Today!
    AND we're all on the right path. So Keep it up Girls !!!

:heart: Thanks Again Krystle and Eyesee ---- Your the best!!!