*Snowflakes to Sunshine Challenge* Week #10 Discussion 3.11.

Options
12346»

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to upload your pictures on the profile page BUT How are we posting the before and after pictures in our signature?
    Please, Can anyone help?
    We're posting them in our signatures? If that is the case, you would have to go to your signature, and paste the image link (the [ url ] link (with the square brackets, and all), that you should be given if you are uploading the photo to a site like photobucket), in your signature. That should be all there is to it! Or you can post them on the forum the same way, just by pasting the url of the image.
  • bhonniered
    bhonniered Posts: 228
    Options
    Since today is St. Patrick's day I thought I would try on these wonderful dark green pants that I had in the back of the closet.

Guess what - thats right - they fit! :bigsmile: I haven't been able to wear them in over 3 years and then only for a short while before I gained a bunch of weight! Doing a happy dance :tongue:
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day Snowflakes!!!!! :flowerforyou:

To celebrate lets EAT LOTS OF GREENS TODAY!!!!!!! =):laugh: I must say that I feel like I have the luck of the Irish!!!! I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful and amazing women in this challenge!!!! You all inspire and motivate me each and every day!!!

My birthday was on 3/15 and my Fiance bought be a Pedometer and a POLAR HRM FT7!!!!!!! I am so darn excited!!! Tomorrow is my follow up visit with my doctor (just had hysterectomy on 3/7):sick: I hope and pray he will release me to resume exercise. Even if it's just walking!!!:wink: I can't wait....I'm going stir crazy!!! :grumble:

Okay Snowflakes........Tomorrow is weigh-in day............So Everyone kick butt TODAY!!!! It's your LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!! I have faith and believe in each and every one of you!! We all have "life issues" but, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:drinker:

Have a wonderful day!!!
    :heart: Sabrina
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Well I was wondering why I was up about 1.5 lbs this morning. TOM decides to show up after me being late over 2 mths! ARRGGGHHH! And it would have to be the day before weigh in and pictures. I'm going to get in lots of water today to try to combat the bloat.

I got a book today on eating clean and I think I am going to try to incorporate that into my way of eating. That means I will have to cut out all sodas (even diet sodas) and tea, which I try to drink unsweet these days. That is going to be hard. But I am going to implement her (Tosca Reno) water schedule to see if that will help me get in my required daily water. I am also considering adding in supplements of CoQ10 and Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA. Does anyone on here take either of those? I've heard a lot of good stuff about CoQ10, but never heard of CLA.

We now have an Aldi Foods, so I can shop there for my fruits and veggies and get them cheap. Last week I bought a bag of spinach, a bag of frozen asparagus, a bag of bananas, a package of tri-colored bell peppers, mushrooms, 1 lb of ground turkey, (seems like there was something else) all for under $10.

Bonnie- Great job fitting into those pants you've had in the back of your closet!! It must feel like a great accomplishment. You should be proud!

Good luck on weigh in tomorrow everyone!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I know I have been a little quiet this week on the forum...a ton of drama at work. Long story short...I pretty much have in writing (my manager left her notebook at work) that they are trying to get rid of me and one of my co-workers because we are African American....Niiiiiice right?! I really couldn't believe it...like I am just so disgusted and upset, but trying to keep a smile on my face so that my Manager isn't tipped off that I know. Long story short...they have no reason to fire me, whatsoever! I do my job and well....my Manager is just intimidated by me because I speak my mind. So in her notebook it says that she is going to fire my co-worker, thinking that this will piss me off enough that I will come into work with a bad attitude, so that they can write me up and fire me!

If hadn't seen it in writing, I wouldn't have believed it myself...but it is true! So I just turned the smile on and the charm, acted extremely bubbly yesterday at work...which I think pissed my boss off even more! I am in the process of getting current residents and co-workers to write me recommendation letters, and then next week I am going out and looking for a new job! I cannot handle this kind of stuff....I don't do Corporate America drama! It sucks also because when my Manager got into a car accident, I went and got her, haven given her rides to work, covered for her when she slipped up on things. It is like the biggest smack in the face I have ever seen in my life.

So I am so sorry that I haven't been attentive enough on the thread....I love you guys though and can't wait to see how great everyone looks tomorrow! :)
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Since today is St. Patrick's day I thought I would try on these wonderful dark green pants that I had in the back of the closet.

Guess what - thats right - they fit! :bigsmile: I haven't been able to wear them in over 3 years and then only for a short while before I gained a bunch of weight! Doing a happy dance :tongue:

Great job! I know that feels awesome!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Well I was wondering why I was up about 1.5 lbs this morning. TOM decides to show up after me being late over 2 mths! ARRGGGHHH! And it would have to be the day before weigh in and pictures. I'm going to get in lots of water today to try to combat the bloat.

I got a book today on eating clean and I think I am going to try to incorporate that into my way of eating. That means I will have to cut out all sodas (even diet sodas) and tea, which I try to drink unsweet these days. That is going to be hard. But I am going to implement her (Tosca Reno) water schedule to see if that will help me get in my required daily water. I am also considering adding in supplements of CoQ10 and Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA. Does anyone on here take either of those? I've heard a lot of good stuff about CoQ10, but never heard of CLA.

We now have an Aldi Foods, so I can shop there for my fruits and veggies and get them cheap. Last week I bought a bag of spinach, a bag of frozen asparagus, a bag of bananas, a package of tri-colored bell peppers, mushrooms, 1 lb of ground turkey, (seems like there was something else) all for under $10.

Bonnie- Great job fitting into those pants you've had in the back of your closet!! It must feel like a great accomplishment. You should be proud!

Good luck on weigh in tomorrow everyone!

WOW! We have that store here also...I am going to have to take a look in there. That is super cheap for all of that stuff. My ground turkey alone is like $5.00!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I figured out how to upload your pictures on the profile page BUT How are we posting the before and after pictures in our signature?
    Please, Can anyone help?
    We're posting them in our signatures? If that is the case, you would have to go to your signature, and paste the image link (the [ url ] link (with the square brackets, and all), that you should be given if you are uploading the photo to a site like photobucket), in your signature. That should be all there is to it! Or you can post them on the forum the same way, just by pasting the url of the image.

So this means the pics need to be uploaded to something like photobucket or flickr in order to do this right?
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day Snowflakes!!!!! :flowerforyou:

To celebrate lets EAT LOTS OF GREENS TODAY!!!!!!! =):laugh: I must say that I feel like I have the luck of the Irish!!!! I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful and amazing women in this challenge!!!! You all inspire and motivate me each and every day!!!

My birthday was on 3/15 and my Fiance bought be a Pedometer and a POLAR HRM FT7!!!!!!! I am so darn excited!!! Tomorrow is my follow up visit with my doctor (just had hysterectomy on 3/7):sick: I hope and pray he will release me to resume exercise. Even if it's just walking!!!:wink: I can't wait....I'm going stir crazy!!! :grumble:

Okay Snowflakes........Tomorrow is weigh-in day............So Everyone kick butt TODAY!!!! It's your LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!! I have faith and believe in each and every one of you!! We all have "life issues" but, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:drinker:

Have a wonderful day!!!
    :heart: Sabrina

I hope the appointment goes well...and you will LOVE the HRM, it definitely pushed me harder to workout each workout! Happy Belated B-Day!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So it is week #10!! Can you belive it? I sure can't, especially since I was hoping to lose 35 - 40 lbs and so far I have lost .4!! Yeah, I know. It keeps going down and then back up and down and up. I cannot get below 157. WTH!! So here we go again - I am currently zigzagging my calories; but the website I got the info from calculated my regular calorie amount (including a deficit) at 1613 and I had only been allocated 1340 from MFP. So I am moving my regular calorie amount to MFP calculation of 1340 and zigzagging using that amount. So I pray that this finally gets the number on the scale moving down, down, down.
  • bhonniered
    bhonniered Posts: 228
    Options

Thanks feeling pretty good - along with getting a walk in during lunch!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I just want to apologize for not supporting everyone this week. I have had a really rough last couple of weeks. (worried about my baby, anatomy exam on monday, and gyno tomorrow) I have been over calories almost everyday this week, it is my spring break so i am giving myself a break to relax and keep from completely giving up on myself. I am just super depressed and I really dont know what to do to get myself out of this funk. I am pretty pissed at myself too!!--I was 2 weeks away from completing the 6 week 6 pack dvd and I havent done it at all this week, not to mention I just found out I'm really not getting anything back in taxes this year so that has basically just put me into a deep depression, considering I was banking on getting back about the same amount as i did last year (so I was going to use part of the money for my laser treatments, and the rest on a surprise vaca for my BF's birthday....it just sucks because I was so happy to get those laser treatments ( i actually had a break down last night over it) I just feel like no matter how hard I work I will never have a normal looking stomach again. its just really hard to accept (since I am only 23) I just really need some support to get back into my weight loss journey!! I do not want to quit, it is just really hard to stay motivated since i cant even drop a dress size!!! not to mention I really have no motivation to study (i just feel like I'm not going to get accepted into the program so whats the point) I dont know why I am so depressing these days but it sucks!!!

On a happier note...I am very proud of everyone for all of their hard work!!! I am excited to see all the half way photos, even if my photo is going to look exactly the same LOL
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The three things I like about myself
    1) My smile
    2) My eyes
    3)my sense of humor

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in, I am feeling really excited about my number for tomorrow...I have found my determination again:happy:
  • TATennis
    TATennis Posts: 49
    Options
    I've been reading everyones three choices of what they like most about them selves. Its sad to say I really can't come up with anything. I used to have beautiful hair but No longer. I used to have pretty eyes, but that's also gone. I can't say my body because thats out of shape, saggy, loose, fat, droopy & etc. I'm still thinking ...........
    Okay I came up with one

1.) Determination

Oh and
    2.) Honest / trust worthy

2 was easy But this third one is hard, still thinking :ohwell: Im looking down the list to see if I can copy from someone, so far no Luck. Oh its so easy to find all my faults :laugh:

3.) straight forward / brutal honesty ( Some people wouldn't concider that a good trait) But I do, And thats about it.

That took me 15 minutes sitting here thinking about it , I finally Managed to reply :bigsmile:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I know I have been a little quiet this week on the forum...a ton of drama at work. Long story short...I pretty much have in writing (my manager left her notebook at work) that they are trying to get rid of me and one of my co-workers because we are African American....Niiiiiice right?! I really couldn't believe it...like I am just so disgusted and upset, but trying to keep a smile on my face so that my Manager isn't tipped off that I know. Long story short...they have no reason to fire me, whatsoever! I do my job and well....my Manager is just intimidated by me because I speak my mind. So in her notebook it says that she is going to fire my co-worker, thinking that this will piss me off enough that I will come into work with a bad attitude, so that they can write me up and fire me!

If hadn't seen it in writing, I wouldn't have believed it myself...but it is true! So I just turned the smile on and the charm, acted extremely bubbly yesterday at work...which I think pissed my boss off even more! I am in the process of getting current residents and co-workers to write me recommendation letters, and then next week I am going out and looking for a new job! I cannot handle this kind of stuff....I don't do Corporate America drama! It sucks also because when my Manager got into a car accident, I went and got her, haven given her rides to work, covered for her when she slipped up on things. It is like the biggest smack in the face I have ever seen in my life.

So I am so sorry that I haven't been attentive enough on the thread....I love you guys though and can't wait to see how great everyone looks tomorrow! :)

Hugs love! You ROCK! Did you get a copy of this letter? This is total harassment! I think she should loose her job! How can someone hate you! You are the loves of our life! She will get hers!!! I hate people like this!
  • Krys_T
    Options

Hugs love! You ROCK! Did you get a copy of this letter? This is total harassment! I think she should loose her job! How can someone hate you! You are the loves of our life! She will get hers!!! I hate people like this!

Yes, I did get a copy of it. And thanks girl! This has just been sitting heavy on my heart because I have been nothing but nice to her, and because I'm a straightforward, honest person...she pulls this! My family and some of my co-workers feel like she is threatened by me...but it is like, "Grow up!".
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Yes, I did get a copy of it. And thanks girl! This has just been sitting heavy on my heart because I have been nothing but nice to her, and because I'm a straightforward, honest person...she pulls this! My family and some of my co-workers feel like she is threatened by me...but it is like, "Grow up!".

I'm so sorry Krys that she is treating you this way. You don't deserve this. Like ltlhmom said THIS IS HARASSMENT! Don't you have a HUMAN RIGHTS OFFICE in US? We have one in Canada and they are there for you. What about Labour board, this should be in their hands also. I know that you don't want to work there anymore but you shouldn't be quitting because of her. She should be fired and you can replace her. I'm sending positive vibes and hugs your ways! Keep your chin up girl! You are amazing!!!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I am also considering adding in supplements of CoQ10 and Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA. Does anyone on here take either of those? I've heard a lot of good stuff about CoQ10, but never heard of CLA.
    Great, great, great, great!! CoQ10 is apparently good for energy. My mom takes it, and I would trust anything that she takes (she's read a LOT about vitamins and such). I've heard of CLA, but my mom doesn't remember anything specific about it, though I remember her mentioning it before. I think it would be a good choice as well. Just make sure you know what they do.

Krys_T... You better keep that evidence you found, or make a copy of it (edit: oh good, you did!!)!! How can someone write stuff like that?!?! You deserve better than that!!! Good for you for seeking out letters, and planning to move away from such a horribly negative work environment! Take that person's advice, who commented on your profile page, and take action!! People can't get away with stuff like that!
    So this means the pics need to be uploaded to something like photobucket or flickr in order to do this right?
    Yes, I believe so.

CuteMommy... I know you were looking forward to those treatments, but they will always be there waiting for you when you do have the finances for them! I had to take a really long break from seeing my naturopath between November and March, because I just couldn't afford to go! You're 23!!! You will get them one day, but until then, remember than nearly EVERYONE has stretch marks!!