Replies

• RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My oatmeal is very simple. Just milk and honey. ^_^
  • r3097934
    r3097934 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've only recently decided to try oats again after a childhood of hating the grey glug my parents would force me to eat.
    Its not exactly the healthiest way to eat oats, but it is delicious:

On my oats I have lashings of maple syrup and a good dollop of double cream :devil:

I also like brown sugar with a little milk and some dried fruits like apple or some stewed berries....
  • lorriefagan
    lorriefagan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My oatmeal is very simple. Just milk and honey. ^_^
    I'm with you RillSoji...plain and simple..I add brown sugar, honey and a splash of milk. I tried adding PB and had to throw it out..yuck!
  • misspecanrican
    misspecanrican Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I put finely diced walnuts in just about every flavor of oatmeal I eat. And I eat it with vanilla soymilk.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    YES!

love the FLAX seeds... with HONEY and any kind of FRUIT
    sometimes the classic maple syrup & apples
    today i had maple syrup and the last batch of my own home grown pears i froze in the fall

lastly i never use milk with oatmeal and always prefer the slow cooked Steel Cut
    McCanns ...or PC blue menu
    flax and blueberries!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    YES!

love the FLAX seeds... with HONEY and any kind of FRUIT
    sometimes the classic maple syrup & apples
    today i had maple syrup and the last batch of my own home grown pears i froze in the fall

lastly i never use milk with oatmeal and always prefer the slow cooked Steel Cut
    McCanns ...or PC blue menu
    flax and blueberries!
    Ditto! I always make mine with water - I find the milk way too paste-y. To each his own, I suppose!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    me too!! just tastes way too thick with Milk!!

I have started putting shredded coconut in my oatmeal and I love it!

I occasionally put in tofu desert :)
  • kfuller27
    kfuller27 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I put 2 Tbsp. PB2 (powdered peanut butter), 1 packet of Splenda and half of a banana. It is SO yummy and super filling!
  • dadsgirl87
    Options
    In plain oatmeal:
    Cinnamon applesauce or pineapples or peaches
    Brown sugar
    Butter
    Nutmeg

Tasty!
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I put a tsp of cinnamon and I frost it witha tbls of peanut butter. =0)
  • RocknnRobin
    RocknnRobin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    best tasting/easy oatmeal:

Quaker Instant High Fiber (flavored packet, my fav is cinnamon)
    16 Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

Add just enough steaming water to mix everything in a sealed container until the oats rehydrate. (5 min maybe?) Or you can nuke it for a couple minutes.

:love: Tastes just like a chocolate no-bake cookies—and that's coming from someone who HATES oatmeal. I devour this!

240 calories
    11 grams fiber
  • nushkat
    nushkat Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I was desperate for a snack this afternoon so I tried egg whites in my oats - Amazing!

1/4 cup oats, rolled
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup water
    cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice

Cook until done, about 90 seconds in the microwave for me (yea, i'm too lazy for the stove), then I added in 1/4 cup pumpkin and topped with some walnuts. Super fluffy and delicious!

Will definitely be doing more of this!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Sometimes pumpkin and a banana, sometimes I put my homemade almond, hazelnut or peanut butter.
    Sometimes I make pancakes out of them for a different way of eating oatmeal.

I use almond milk, too. I will make a patty out of it using oats, flax meal, coconut, 1/2 banana and small amount of almond milk. Pan fry and top with my nut butters. Your suppose to put it on an english muffin and make a sandwich but I skip that part.

Theres not much I haven't put in it I guess! Dried fruit, cherry is my favorite, Jams. I've baked it, made it in the crockpot. I just can't get bored with it!
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sliced banana or strawberries with a drizzled of honey and skim milk.
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some ideas here!

bump

I'm assuming oatmeal is porridge : )
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough (well, the oatmeal in the dough). Sounds aweful, I know, but it's the only way I can get my family to eat any grains. I'm converting them slowly. :)
  • JuanaCrystal
    Options
    i try to eat oatmeal everyday. i put honey, cinnamon, pecans (or other type of nut for protein) & some type of fruit... usually bluberries, banana or strawberries. yum! i love it because you can add whatever you want & it's a good source of fiber.