What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually make my oatmeal with water in the microwave. Then add 1 tsp peantbutter and 1 tbs of brown sugar splenda.
    Pumpkin sounds like it would be awesome. I am going to have to try that one!
  • tdbear49
    Options
    This morning I made an oatmeal pancake. Spray your small skillet. Mix about 1/2 cup quick oats, 1 egg beaten, a splash of skim milk, a pinch of salt, cinnamon to taste. Mix well & let sit just a cople of minutes to soak in liquid...pour into your skillet and cool till brown on both sides. Top with a small amount of margaring of your choice and then I put a little honey on top. If I have blueberries I usually add a few to the mix. Yum..for a special b/fast.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    Peanut butter and splenda!
  • Diavolina21
    Options
    raspberry jam, yum!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    chopped walnuts, blueberries, strawberries, a little bit of brown sugar, raisins...but not all at the same time. :)
  • jessicamariemeyer
    jessicamariemeyer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just eat the oats, man. :wink:
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My oatmeal recipe is .5 cup unsweetened apple juice,
    .5 cup water .5 cup old fashioned oatmeal. Cook 5 mins.
    Then add apple, tsp PB and tsp wheat germ in the last
    1-2 mins. Around 300 calories. Awesome!!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Countless variations for me!

Honey flavored greek yogurt with fruit
    Berry flavored yogurt
    Almond milk - vanilla flavored
    Applesauce
    Sliced apple and cinnamon
    Sugar-free jam

I'd totally do peanut butter but it is a weakness of mine and if I had it in my house I'd eat it with a spoon. Besides that, my roommate feels the same way and ate it all last time I bought it. lol
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I make it with vanilla almond milk and usually don't add anything else.
  • LaCane77
    LaCane77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1 Cup GV Quick Oats
    1 Scoop ON Cookies n Cream Whey
    1 tbsp White Chocolate Wonderful PB
    1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams PB
    Some Stevia
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I have been eating steel cut oats. I make it [extra runny] with either almond milk or water first. Then I add 1 TBSP flax seeds, 1 TBSP chia seeds (I put these in my bullet to make a "meal" out of it), 1 TBSP sliced almonds, and 1 TBSP organic unrefined coconut oil. It's super delicious.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    MFP made me like cottage cheese, which I always hated. Going to try some of these recipes and hopefully will learn to like real oatmeal. I've been eating the boxed kind in little packs..I know, so much shame lol
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I see Anna800 puts protein powder in her oats. I was wondering if anyone ever put Muscle Milk in their oatmeal and if so, how is it?

I use Sun Warrior natural flavor.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like my porridge on its own or with chopped banana. Some of these ideas sound amazing!
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I always cook it with milk and cinnamon or cocoa powder. Then I add chocolate or nuts or fruit, it tastes differently every day. :) Yum (:
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ancient grains granola and one tablespoon of brown sugar.
  • melodylyn73
    melodylyn73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy will have to try
  • faya195
    faya195 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup jumbo oats (50g), 1 cup water, 1-2 tbsp oatgerm/wheatgerm/wheat bran (whatever I was able to buy, 10g), 1 tsp poppy seeds, 1/2 (?) tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp (10g) honey, 1 medium to large apple. Love it!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Many many things. Today was Chai tea, coconut almond milk, flaxmeal, coconut extract and shredded coconut. And I use plain protein powder and always add at least 2T.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1 T Whey Protien Powder (Vanilla), 1/4 C Blueberries, 1 T Chopped Walnuts. mmmmmmmmm I eat it everday M-F.