What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter and I sometimes cover it with fruit! It is SO good and taste like a cookie! :)
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1/4c cooked steel cut oats, 100g low-fat probiotic fruit yogurt and 2 heaping T. of hemp hearts.
    Each and every day!
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 banana sliced & mashed, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of raisins, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. It's the best part of my day, I love waking up to it. Yummy! :heart:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi Vanilla oatmeal and I'll usually add 1 scoop of vanilla protein, some soy milk, almonds (about 6), and some cinnamon.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My face!!
    Seriously. It's good for the skin.

If I'm eating the oatmeal, either brown sugar or raw honey and smooth 100% peanut butter.
  • ArleneMatches
    ArleneMatches Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries (fresh not available locally) and lots of cinnamon. I also use Splenda brown sugar to top it off....YUM...!!! Oh, and I also add a large tbsp of chia.
  • lazy8ee
    lazy8ee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I top mine with a sunnyside up egg and a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    I top mine with a sunnyside up egg and a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum
    syrup in oats yummy, I never had that idea before. thanks

100g white oats
    50g fruit yogurt
    10 almonds
    10 pistachios
    25g coconuts chopped
    a wonderful day starter for me
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Tablespoon of French Vanilla Creamer! Yum!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    100g white oats
    50g fruit yogurt
    10 almonds
    10 pistachios
    25g coconuts chopped
    a wonderful day starter for me

What's the calorie count on that puppy? Sounds really good! I'd probably do plain yogurt and honey instead of the fruit flavour. :)
  • naveed1naveed
    Options

What's the calorie count on that puppy? Sounds really good! I'd probably do plain yogurt and honey instead of the fruit flavour. :)

sorry about the calories. I start my day with 200 to 400 kcal, if I've to do strength. but right now i'm on low-cal, low-carb, low-sodium diet, thats why just 80g oatmeal with dry berries once or twice a week.

honey, natural yogurt and 3 drops of lemon juice in oats, is my 2nd most favorite day starter
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    -Skim milk or watered down carnation milk(1/3 cup)
    -brown sugar(1 spoon)
    -cinnamon powder(1 spoon)
    -blue berries or banana(half a cup)
  • trio333
    trio333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I boil 16 oz of water to put in a blender then add half cup (or 1/4 cup depending on the carb intake for the day; or a packet of regular oatmeal). Once it's "cooked" I add a scoop of vanilla protein and blend! Taste amazing! This is what I have for breakfast....you kickstart your day with carbs and protein!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Nothing but plain old fashion Oats for me! I like it as it is without any added stuff
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I add one tablespoon of ground Flax seed to enhance the cholesterol-fighting character of oatmeal and some fresh blueberries or dried cranberries for anti-inflammatory support.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Every day...sometimes twice!
    1 scoop of cinnamon roll protein powder
    cinnamon
    walnuts
    dried cherry/berry mix

so good
  • erinskya
    Options
    Peanut butter & jelly oatmeal is my favorite!!
    -2 tbsp prepared PB2 peanut butter + 1 tbsp low-calorie jam + 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk + stevia.
    If you're gluten-free, I've found that Trader Joe's has the best rolled oats by far. They're only 150 calories per serving, too. :))

I also love making chocolate oatmeal by adding 1 tbsp Scharffen Berger (waaaay better than Hershey's) unsweetened cocoa powder to the water- then OF COURSE it's topped with PB2.

Persimmon pulp + cinnamon is another really good combination! It makes your oatmeal taste exactly like persimmon cookies.

Other variants/toppings:
    *matcha green tea powder + blueberries
    *orange zest
    *nutmeg + a couple of chopped dates + 1/2 cup coconut or soy egg nog over the top
    *baked banana
    *coconut extract + papaya and shredded coconut as toppings
    *instant espresso powder + unsweetened cocoa powder
    *vanilla + cinnamon + chopped pear, added towards the end so it cooks slightly
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    A bit of brown sugar and a banana yum yum

or if I'm in a chocolately mood, cocoa and vanilla essence
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add a sachet of cadbury's chocolate - all different flavours - fudge, caramel, plain :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, cashews, banana and milk or vanilla protein powder, chia and frozen blueberries. Sometimes add some coconut oil as well.