What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• vader0677
    Options
    beware of peanut butter, though it is high in protein but a ton of sugar and a lot of fat. try some banana with a little zero calorie sweetner.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump for new ideas!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    white chocolate chips!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Dlckinson's coconut curd and fresh diced pineapple (tastes like a pina colada) - this is my current favorite! SO GOOD!

Chopped cherries, vanilla extract and chopped almonds

Diced apples, maple syrup, cinnamon and chopped pecans

Diced peaches, vanilla flavored greek yogurt (peaches and cream)

Pumpkin Butter or Apple Butter with a tablespoon of granola for texture
  • A2966
    A2966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One once of old cheddar.
  • lOvInLiFeLaTiNa
    Options
    After so much experimenting, I have learned that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my oatmeal with Country Gravy Mix and Turkey Sausage Crumbles. This is my NEW biscuits and gravy, LOL. I dare you to try it! Enjoy!
  • jctillman70
    Options
    I used to hate oatmeal but now I love it. My favorite base is almond milk instead of water and a teaspoon of chia seeds.

Then I add fruit, nuts or nut butter depending on the day.

On the weekend I like dried apricots and almonds; during the week I usually have blackberries and raspberries with pecans.
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In my oatmeal, I like to put, fresh crushed almond butter or peanut butter, flax seed, a little 100% organic maple syrup, blueberries and bee pollen.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Today , I tried out the oatmeal with half of a banana , Ground cinnamon and brown sugar , It was delicious

No more butter ! :bigsmile:
  • Skys_not_the_limit
    Options
    It's simple but delicious!
    1 tsp of honey and a tbs of shredded coconut,sometimes a tsp of flaxseed????.
  • chAnnaEsther
    Options
    nothing earth shattering-cinnamon , vanilla, a lot of whatever fruit I have, sometimes nuts, chia seeds and or flax seeds. A little soy or almond milk. My boys like it with peanut butter and raisins or a sprinkle of cocoa and a spoonful of honey. We eat it just about every morning for breakfast :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just get the flavored packets of oatmeal lol. It's easy. I just have a box in my desk at work and I eat some for breakfast.
  • cwggraham
    Options
    Protizyme Protein Shake - Vanilla Cake
  • cwggraham
    Options
    oh yeah and blueberries or razz berries
  • pankdrogger
    pankdrogger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use homemade almond + soy milk instead of water (I soak and blend my own almonds and soy beans, then add a bit of brown sugar + water) and a mix of fruits - strawberries, cherries, grapes, honeydew, cantaloupe, and pineapple.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    almond milk, peaches,pb2 and a dollup of whip cream..yum!!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    a bit of brown sugar
    OR
    splenda and cocoa
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to do the overnight oats as well! Soooo quick & easy! I do equal amouts oats/almond milk/yogurt & half a banana & lots of cinnamon. Sometimes i add chia seeds or pb. I've tried it with pumpkin & its good but not as sweet as banana. I've also used apple sauce instead of yogurt a few times. I throw it in the fridge overnight & warm it up for 30 seconds in the am and voila! Breakfast!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    1t brown sugar and about a tablespoon of raisins
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    Pumpkin purée, chia seeds, cardamom, fresh grated ginger. I don't eat oatmeal too often since I add the uncooked oats to my plain yogurt.