Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    OR peanut butter and jelly! Delicious!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    egg whites! they make my oatmeal super fluffy, creamy and delicious. I had forgotten all about this until recently and am back on the egg whites in oatmeal train :bigsmile: great added protein too!
  • LucyAndDiamonds
    Options
    I like a little brown sugar and banana. So good.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This topic was made for me, and I think everyone should try my recipie, cuz I'm damn proud of it.

1 cup oatmeal, with water, nuked for 2 minutes.

add 1 scoop chocolate whey protein,
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1 tblspoon flaxseed
    1 tblspoon wheat germ

mix and enjoy..

= super choco oatmeal!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Sorry friend, nothing beats my oatmeal! :tongue:
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joes steel cut oatmel. My favorite additions right now are ripe perssimon, a bit of almong milk, and cinnamon. yummm :)
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    thawed frozen blueberries
    diced apple
    cinnamon
    toasted pecans
    toasted coconut
    flax seeds
    and a tiny bit of brown sugar

YUMMY!! :)
  • hpratt9
    Options
    I put tablespoon greek yogert flaxseeds splash of green goddess juice
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know it's not very "healthy" but I add pancake syrup....just a little bit!!!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use McCann's Irish Steel Cut Oats and I top with butter, cream, dried cranberries or cherries, toasted pecans, and a touch of brown sugar.
  • Kaymart79
    Options
    I ate mine with bananas this morning! But if I add anything it's always gonna be fruit, any type of berry (:
    Yum, and if I add milk usually soy or almond milk.
  • pilgrim25
    Options
    Semi- skimmed milk! Porridge has about 213 cals so add some artificial sweetener or not as you prefer. I'm not a true Scotsman for that last remark mind you but I have lost around 1 and 1/2 stones in the past 3 months. Asda or Tesco sandwich for lunch around 300 calories and a drink either tea or diet coke.I add a third of a pint of milk as 150 cals for daily use in meals tea coffee etc.Dinner at night usually consists of either meat fish or lamb or pork around 120 g. with potatoes and veg. I have kept around 1270 cals per day and can include a packet of salt and vinegar crisps in the evening or maybe a slice of toast . So it does work but one of the most important things I have to consider is keeping a tally on how much I eat so I must keep a record. If I don't I begin to slip back into the abyss. Anyway good luck MY FITNESS PAL is a fab way of enjoying a new lifestyle.
  • AnelDB
    AnelDB Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, these are all super ideas. I do cinnamon and sometimes pumpkin or sweet potato if I have some left over. I'm always trying to get more veggies in.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    unsalted butter, Splenda and bananas -- my favorite!! Of course, the best is to use Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats or 10-grain cereal but we like regular old cream of wheat too....not such a big fan of classic Quaker Oats. Prefer the finer grain.
  • impojr
    impojr Posts: 52
    Options
    Just this morning I made baked oatmeal with banana, blueberries, goji berries, walnuts and chia seeds! Fresh from the oven then with some yogurt on top - nothing beats it!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1/4 banana, 1 T. peanut butter, 1/4 blueberries & raspberries (if I have them). Sometimes chopped pecans or walnuts and unsweetened vanilla almond milk & sometimes 1/2 t. vanilla extract
  • psychomeep
    Options
    Sounds strange, and some of the ingredients are only found in the South... but I just tried it and it was amazing, rich, and hearty. Don't knock it 'till you try it!

1/2 cup quck cook oatmeal
    1 cup low sodium broth
    2 oz livermush (or scrapple)
    1 egg

Cook the oatmeal with the broth using your method of choice (I use the microwave) and in the meantime fry up the livermush and egg (runny yolk is the best!). Toss everything into the bowl with the oatmeal and stir. Looks gross, tastes like heaven!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Berries or honey. Thinking I'm going to try PB2 x
  • siba1312
    Options
    Just boiled water and either cinnamon, cardamon or mixed spice. Great for a pre-workout breakfast.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Dan-D-Pak - Goji Omega Boost Oatmeal, and adding in cinnamon and a 1/4 of an apple.It's so good!!!