What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a few dark chocolate chips!

Me too!!! :flowerforyou:
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, a banana and some granola usually. Or just a mix of the three. Sometimes I do apples and cinnamon, or pumpkin, or cinnamon with a drizzle of maple syrup. But I love how peanut butter melts in oatmeal and how the granola is crunchy.
  • southernGIRLgetsFIT
    southernGIRLgetsFIT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon and half a banana cut up or

almond milk, coconut, dark choc. chips and slivered almonds (almond joy outmeal)
  • Mamafitness15
    Options
    I put in some egg whites, or sometimes a lil all natural peanut butter with Flaxseed, or sometimes banana with cinnamon- it's good to mix things up :)
  • LeotaD
    LeotaD Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stevia with chopped dates or figs, sometimes few chopped almonds or pecans. Then, whatever mix of various spices I feel like that morning, usually a good pinch of mace and nutmeg.
  • shadowvampira
    Options
    BUMP
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like to put pumpkin puree and a little brown sugar!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder and peanut butter
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i use the plain quaker 1 minute oats and add 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter and half of a banana sliced up... So good!! i have been eating it every morning since i found out how much i like it that way!
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    Rolled oats w/ brown sugar fat free milk a few walnuts and some golden raisins! :)
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Simple for me .5 cups or raw old fashion oats 2 tsp of sugar and 1 cup milk.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I cook it in unsweetened almond milk, then I add chopped strawberries or apples or bananas and 1 packet of stevia. Other times I'll add 2 mini boxes of raisins, cinnamon and 1 packet of stevia.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious! I need to get back into Oatmeal. I have a hard time just eating it with water.... Anyone have good directions for a make ahead batch!?!
  • gingermw
    gingermw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like fresh blueberries or raisins with 2%, 1% or skim milk...I can't stand it with water...yuk!!
    If you haven't tried it, McDonalds blueberry banana oatmeal is amazing! Too much sugar so I only eat it once in a while for a treat :bigsmile:
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    soy milk and bluberries!
    the oatmeal i sometimes make i chill, though, so it's like cold cereal almost :)
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i like it plain (made with water - since i adore the texture), but i do enjoy putting applesauce, protein powder, fruit, and/or truvia into it

i also like making protein balls with oats, protein powder, honey, peanut butter, and chocolate chips - sooo good when they're frozen!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Homemade honey - 1 tablespoon and sometimes bananas on the side.
    I'm really picky about mixing certain types of food - fruit for me is acceptable only fresh and when it's not mixed in any other food (except some cakes)
    and I have real issue with dried fruit (raisins, apricots, figs... so it's plain oatmeal with fresh bananas.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    In my country it is traditional to have oatmeal with cinnamon and a little bit of sugar.
    We have a special type of oatmeal, that is completely smooth (oats are ground down to a powder) and very yummy.

I grew up on this stuff and it is still how I eat my oatmeal to this day.
    Only thing that's changed is that I now use soy milk, because I am lactose intolerant.
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    Options
    I whip my oats with banana when I make them on the stovetop. In the fall/winter, I add cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree! Yummm