A lot to lose & over 40? Lets start a group(20 memebers max

Options

Replies

• LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Happy Dance for Charmaine :bigsmile: :love:

I will join the happy dance quickly before I go to bed..... for Charmaine: :drinker: :laugh:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Tuesday testing.......I am challenging myself this week to do at least 30 mins of exercise 5x this week and keep within my calorie range. Staying within my calories doesnt seem to be the problem. I have to force myself to exercise and talk myself into it, not sure why because after I get up and do it I usually enjoy it and feel better afterwards, its just getting up and doing it that is hard.

Linda. I love the new first page and the challenges seem great. thank you for all your hard work on this group. It is such a fun group and helps us to stay on track

Malias I love the Leslie Sansone dvds. Let me know how you like it.

Katz that sounds like a great motivator. I would love to sign up for a 5 mile walk. especially in London. heehee

Gabby I too have a really hard time doing the exercise. I think 30 mins a day 5xs a week sounds like a great challenge. You can do it

Claudia. WOW exercising 2xs a day is quite a challenge. You can do it

Sue, I know you will do great on the bike riding I love bike riding. I just wish I could ride farther

Cathy Congrats on your weightloss that if wonderful. You are doing great

Shelly, I think making your food diary public is a great way to be accountable. I keep mine public and it does make me think twice before eating something I shouldnt but of course not always LOL

Charmaine. WOW 20lbs in a month that is awesome

christy, enjoy spring break with your son

Hope everyone had a great, healthy, active day. I love this group . It is fun and really encouraging.......Sheri
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    @Linda: Thanks again for organising our group. The start of the new thread looks great!

@Shelly: C'mon over!

In keeping honest, I have to say that I did cut my walk short this afternoon. I had done a good bit of Spring cleaning earlier today, and my shins and calves were feeling pretty sore and stiff when I started out. I decided to ere on the side of caution and just do 1 mile today. I've had serious problems with my right Achilles tendon (surgery last year followed by several months of painful walking). The last thing I want to do is re-injure it.

It's amazing how there is a voice in my head saying that I'm just making excuses and not trying. Where in the world does that voice come from? I've been working my backside off the past few weeks. So "voice," you can just be quiet!

Have a great day everyone!
    katzpawz

No worries! At least you did walk. Sometimes ya just gotta listen to your body.....LOL...ignor that nagging voice. You're doing great!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Its Tuesday and that means I will pick a challenge for this week. Mine is to exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 days this week. Exercise is hard for me because I hate it. I need to get past that, and Im working on it, but I still havent gotten over that hump yet. Im still not feeling well this morning, and happy that i have another day off from work today. I hope you are all having a great Tuesday!:flowerforyou:

Gabby ...don't feel like the Lone Stranger.....I hate exercise too.....but I started walking yesterday. Didn't go far, but I did it now twodays in a row. I'm shooting for at least 4 or 5 days a week.....maybe more as I get better at it. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Linda: you are awesome! looks great :)

Cassie: The walk sounds great! soo pretty up there. You can do this, I have faith in you :)

Malias: Have you heard of Leslie Sansone? she has walking DVDs that are really good. I think I've seen them at Target for about $10. Or you can check if you library has some to rent. Also, if you have cable TV, you can go to OnDemand and they have Exercise TV for FREE. They have many dffernt types of workouts so you try them all if you like :)

Shelly: I too just made my food diary public (to friends only) to hold myself more accountable. No more hiding the cheeseburger and fries I had! :blushing:

Tuesday Test:
    I have several challenges going on! First, I have given up coffee for lent. It started out as only Starbucks as I am quite addicted to it, but I figured I should include all types, regardles. I have to say, 11 days in and it's still not easy!
    Also, my next challenge for the week is to workout TWICE a day. I am not burning nearly enough calories, so I have to step it up. I woke up at 5am to do the first one, I hope I can stick to it!! I also have my water challenge. I do OK during the work week, but the weekends it's big ol' FAIL on geting much water in. So, I hope to get a MINIMUM of 64oz of water a day, but hoping for 96oz. Obviously, I'm going to need all your support for this!:flowerforyou:

Claudia ....thanks for the encouragement. And it is very beautiful here in Southern Oregon.
    Good luck to you on all those challenges you've got going on. I gave up sodas years ago, but I still need my morning coffee. Although I am thinking of going to instant decaf. That way I can have MY coffee strong and my husband can drink his weak coffee. I like mine to stand up. Keep up the good work!
  • Lindafen60
    Options
    So you have too many, yet? I'd love to join. I am starting this program tomorrow and would love to be a part of your group. I need all the help I can get. Linda
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Joanna....I haven't a clue as to what a quay is....but it sounds like you had a marvelous day. I live the part about the river with the ducks & swans. Glad your doing better with the knee. Keep up the great work. Go girl!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Tuesday Test Yourself

My test is staying on track with calories while being off on Spring Break with my son.

I will try to pop in every day for a quick post, not much more because Dakota is keeping me busy. We are loving the time together so you won't hear me complain!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    :heart: Christy

You can do it, Christy! Have a fun week off with your son.
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Wow! You ladies move fast!! I caught just part of the DVD discussion but wanted to say I love Leslie Sansone and Richard Simmons too. I just bought a pack of 5 Richard Simmons DVDs for $30. I pulled my Leslie Sansone DVDs out and blew the dust off of them :wink:

I begged off of exercise today :cry: That means I have to make it to the gym the next few days to meet the goal I made with myself.

Everyone have a good morning / afternoon / evening...whatever it is where you are.
    Cathy
  • cassieinor
    Options
    I forgot to say thank you for the DVD suggestion! I just went out and bought the Leslie Sandsone walking DVD, along with a "Dancing with the Stars" exercise DVD aaaaaaaaannnnnndddddd.......good ol' Richard Simmons, Sweating to the oldies 4!!!
    (Richard has helped me lose weight before, I hope he can do it again!)

My promise to myself this week is to use one of those DVD's for at least 30 minutes, every day, even if I have to do it in 10 minute increments.....
    [/quote

OMG You mean they have a "Dancing With The Stars" workout video??? I think I need that come payday. Where did you buy it? Are you a fan of the show? We love it at our house. I am sooo rooting for Kirsty Alley to win..
    So I'm starting real slow & easy. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I don't have alot of time right now to respond to all the posts, but I just couldn't wait to share my news with all of you. I just got home from my doctor's appointment. The last time I was there was on the 23rd of February, when I started my "diet"(don't really like to call it that) so, in the last month I lost 20lbs! I weighed 343lbs last time and 323lbs this time! I am so happy. Gives me encouragement and makes me want to keep going in this direction.
    I'll get back on here after my nephew, Sam, gets picked up. Charmaine

YAAAY CHARMAINE!!! I've waited since your first post earlier today to hear your news. 20lbs in a month is killer! I'm so happy for you. When we have such a large amount of weight to lose, it's easy to get discouraged. My motto is Ljust keep putting one foot in front of the other". We can do this together! Yaaay Charmaine!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Hi all. I am a little out of it today as well. It is after 9 pm here and I got almost no sleep last night. Our 9 year old boston terrier insists on barking to go out around 2 am for the past 2 years with just the occasional day off even when he went out at 11! of course, this rouses our other 2 fur babies and it becomes a big barking fest. After all the activity, it is extremely hard for me to get back to sleep and it really caught up with me today. If only it stopped with 1 disruption, but it keeps happening 2-3 more times so it gets really old. He is physically sound, just a game I think he is playing since he gets to sleep all day while we are at work. He even lays around most evening but seems ready to go at night regardless of how much activity he gets during the day. Anyway, I think he is spending the night in the basement tonight so that we can get some decent rest. I feel horrible doing it, but our not getting any rest is not helping any of us.

With all that said, I have weigh-in tomorrow morning - hoping for a loss but okay if not. I know I have done about all I could do this week - exercised at least 30 minutes & stayed within my calories - and that is all I can do. Well, could have made better choices within my calories, but I guess there is always room for improvement.

Okay now I am rambling. Sorry. Everyone have a great night and I will catch up with the individual posts in the morning. Hugs to you all!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

MJ....the basement sounds like the perfect place for a barker...LOL. My 10 month old Pug puppy sleeps in her crate because she snores so loud. I have no problem with the animals in the bed and normally that's where they are.......1 kitte and 1 pippy. But I started the dog sleeping in the crate and she doesn't seem to mind. I could just see me awke all night with the cat & dog wrestling all nite lon...LOL.
    They do love each other.
    Also good luck on the weigh in. You're doing great!

Sorry 'bout the typos........I meant kitten & puppy. I start making mistakes when I get tired....eyes get fuzzy too....LOL
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    We have officially MOVED :smooched: our new closed thread is up!!! Please try and post on our new thread from now on. If you notice some members not on our new thread please help them find it. We don't want to lose any of our members

This is our new thread address

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/199080-lots2lose-over-40-closed-group
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Well just heading off for the night. I said tonight I would be early..... it is 1.14am!

Didn't make it to the gym today, I took the gear to work in my car so I could go directly, but my body just feels so very tired, I decided to give it a miss......all my enthusiasm from last week has caught up with me!

Or maybe its the hormones! lol! Not as young as I was you know! Night all!

L....Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone we're not as young anymore. I won't tell if you don't. Take a break? Listen to your body. Tomorrow is another day.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    We have officially MOVED:smooched: our new closed thread is up!!! Please try and post on our new thread from now on. If you notice some members not on our new thread please help them find it. We don't want to lose any of our members

This is our new thread address

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/199080-lots2lose-over-40-closed-group
  • AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    im only 37 and i would like to be in agroup it would help me too, please tell me how to join..
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    im only 37 and i would like to be in agroup it would help me too, please tell me how to join..

Sorry, the group is already closed. The max was reached in March.
  • sara42066
    sara42066 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I WANT IN PLEASE..
  • christyrussell2
    christyrussell2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I'm back. I've been gone for far too long. I tried doing it on my own for a while with no support & not tracking my food. That didn't work out so well for me - I gained 7 lbs. I've been trying to get back into the swing of things. It's been slow but I'm making progress. I'm logging more often & starting to stay either under or close to my calorie goal. Throughout all of it, I have continued to exercise (or I might have gain a LOT more than just 7 lbs).

Now I want to get back into posting on our thread. I've really missed everyone & the support you guys give. I hope you welcome me back!

:heart: Christy
  • iris_150
    Options
    Hi everybody I'm 49 and need to lose about the same in weight . Very motivated for the long haul