This is NOT a dating site!

Options

Replies

• loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    I keep my friends list small for that reason :) I am here to find friends. I know I'm a pretty girl, I don't need them to tell me that. I need them to keep motivating me and tell me how great I'm doing.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    . No problem. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    never mind, didnt know this thread had gotten mean
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you have any experience with message boards, you know that you are going to have this type of behavior anywhere you go. People that have flirted with me...if they creep me out I just delete them. Simple as that! I know what you are saying though about being here to lose weight and get healthy! It can be a distraction. Hang in there!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    If you really dont' want the attention, change your photo.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A woman should be able to express her opinion, - without being called names, insulted, degraded or ridiculed for it. However I believe that there are some foreign countries where that isn't still allowed, I believe they also still stone people to death in those countries.

A woman can Have her picture be whatever she chooses within forum guidelines/rules/EULA. - The responsibility to Your and I emphasize the word "Your" reaction to it, is Not her responsibility.

Also why is this thread still open? It contains some pretty harsh stuff that isn't joking.
  • DJH3
    DJH3 Posts: 243
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are already self conscious and want to hear from a guy tell them how beautiful and amazing they are? I give it 10 years. If you are still single you will be on all those flirty threads on here looking for attention.

I have no place to judge. I'm simply just saying that's how I perceive things on here. You might be declining the friend request but there are 5 other girls who are accepting it from the same guy.
    :noway: :noway:
    Holy **** is all I have to say to that
    only a slime bucket, I suppose, would do such a thing......maybe lie to and mislead several women at a time....makes me think how sad and what poor self esteem the guy must have...just saying
    Maybe I'm just cynical and think the worst of people at times. When I originally started the "I come to MFP to pick up chicks" it was originally meant as a joke. Then I met some cool people and we flirted but it got out of hand because were quite a few people that took it too far.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    No I will not make out with you. Did ya hear that? this girl wants to make out with me in the middle of class. You got Chlorophyll Man up there talking about God knows what and all she can talk about is making out with me. I'm here to learn, everybody, not to make out with you. Go on with the chlorophyll.

Chlorophyll? More like BORE-ophyll!
    Thats why I love you toots

:love: :love:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I should have appreciated all those guys hitting on me when I was younger. Now that I'm... ehem...thirtyish, it NEVER happens.

Don't you worry. Starts up again when you get a little older! Guess they get a little more "confident" as the years go by!
  • DJH3
    Options
    A woman should be able to express her opinion, - without being called names, insulted, degraded or ridiculed for it. However I believe that there are some foreign countries where that isn't still allowed, I believe they also still stone people to death in those countries.

A woman can Have her picture be whatever she chooses within forum guidelines/rules/EULA. - The responsibility to Your and I emphasize the word "Your" reaction to it, is Not her responsibility.

Also why is this thread still open? It contains some pretty harsh stuff that isn't joking.
    You can put all the pictures you want up. Guys are going to comment and some of them think they are honestly just being nice by calling you beautiful/gorgeous/whatever. The problem is you get the "creepers", as a friend of mine put it, that are 10+ years older than someone and come across as, well, creepy. Hard to distinguish which is which. May as well control what you can and either ignore the PMs or complain to Mike if it's harassing. Other than that, if you put a picture up then sadly you run the risk of drawing attention of someone you don't want it from.

(There really should be a psychological study of this website.)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    pshhh! feel free to hit on me! lol (am I like the only girl that likes to be hit on?)

No way! :happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lol I hear you! I'll get what seem to be nice messages from guys on here and a few messages in, it'll turn into, "btw, LOVE that bikini pic... could I see some more?" that's when I pull out the "I LIVE with my BOYFRIEND" card. They always say "I'll leave you alone, sorry" I always picture a dog cowering in the corner, hahahaha!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

3. Men are animals and will respond to pics in suits as such :)

Would it be too much to ask that you alter that to say that SOME men are animals... Or do you actually believe that ALL men, including your husband and sons (future sons), are nothing more than animals with no ability to control themselves? Some of us do have morals and character you know.
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Okay. She's like "this is not a dating site!!!"

Meanwhile, mention dating and you get 12 pages of replies. In one day.
  • DJH3
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are already self conscious and want to hear from a guy tell them how beautiful and amazing they are? I give it 10 years. If you are still single you will be on all those flirty threads on here looking for attention.

I have no place to judge. I'm simply just saying that's how I perceive things on here. You might be declining the friend request but there are 5 other girls who are accepting it from the same guy.

Is this REALLY how you feel about the women on MFP? How insulting. I haven't been here that long, but most of the women I've seen are pretty amazing and don't need a man to validate that. (Of course I have seen a few uptight women with no sense of humor, but I choose to ignore.)
    Do I think all women on here are self conscious and crave attention? No, not all, and probably not most. But there are some and there are people that will take advantage of that. Of course it's not just limited to the gals but it seems that the thread is aimed that way. Hell I was self conscious and craved attention at one time. Got me into a lot of trouble...
  • melruthtamar
    melruthtamar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I'm so glad I have posted no photos. My koala was uploaded today and that's as much as I will do.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    WOW!! I'm so glad I have posted no photos. My koala was uploaded today and that's as much as I will do.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: sexy! :tongue:
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    I like to be hit on, I think, it's been awhile.:cry:
This discussion has been closed.