This is NOT a dating site!

Options

Replies

• kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So what is your Username on Match.com?

LoL, jk! I am happily married but I couldn't resist! Sorry you are having that issue nothing I have to worry about but maybe you can clear some air.

Hey, what's happenin' hot stuff.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are already self conscious and want to hear from a guy tell them how beautiful and amazing they are? I give it 10 years. If you are still single you will be on all those flirty threads on here looking for attention.

I have no place to judge. I'm simply just saying that's how I perceive things on here. You might be declining the friend request but there are 5 other girls who are accepting it from the same guy.

It may be crass and controversial, but it also has elements of truth.........
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are already self conscious and want to hear from a guy tell them how beautiful and amazing they are? I give it 10 years. If you are still single you will be on all those flirty threads on here looking for attention.

I have no place to judge. I'm simply just saying that's how I perceive things on here. You might be declining the friend request but there are 5 other girls who are accepting it from the same guy.
    :noway: Unbelievable :noway:
    ... Because of the truth to it? It's not to call women pathetic. It's to say that there are a majority of women on this site and many people feel insecure about themselves and possibly have been called horrible things in the past. So to hear nice things from someone can be refreshing and cause them to act on impulse. Whoops, hate to consider that women might be human ...
    A woman should be able to express her opinion, - without being called names, insulted, degraded or ridiculed for it. However I believe that there are some foreign countries where that isn't still allowed, I believe they also still stone people to death in those countries.
    I get the feeling that some women would have it that men were not allowed to express their opinions, whether it be in this thread or in private.

Not that I, of course, find it appropriate that people should be picking up on one another in a perverse manner, but seriously, I've read some whack **** from chicks in my activity feed that has gotten them deleted. I really dislike the predominant attitude that only men are creeps. I've noticed a lot of creep dudes in the forums (who I COULD name but choose not to ... *kitten* ...), but there's a fairly equal number of creeper chicks.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    stupid ****ing double-post ...
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    I don't see it why it needs to come down to being a creep or not. If attention is unwanted then it's quite simple: ignore, if they still persist then block and unfriend.

I've had a couple of flirty conversations on here (not in the public arena), it doesn't make me a creep LOL!! Nor am I depraved or dangerous, the guy I had the conversations with isn't either :-/

People are incredibly sexist and even more precious about MFP, people will interpret a website, and it's users, how they wish. This generic view that you are wrong or right to partake in anything but "good job" comments is bull****.

Yours faithfully,

Creepy MFPer :-p
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Now THAT is funny!!!:happy:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I like big butts and I cannot lie......

Oh wait wrong thread.....this is the no dating thread
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    But you know what REALLY kills me? When I'm trolling around match.com and some chick PM's me telling me she just burned 543 calories doing 55 minutes of cardio. I mean, who the hell cares, I'm there to get laid, not to hear about your damn calorie burn!

Brilliant!

Parts of this thread has given me a badly needed mid-week laugh :laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    but there's a fairly equal number of creeper chicks.

Agree...some of the women are just as bad as the men.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I apologize if my comments were rude in any way.

I would like to point out however that there has been 1 couple that I know of that actually got married because of meeting and getting to know eachother on MFP.

And there have been others that have formed real life relationships, so perhaps that is why this thread is getting so much attention.

And I have to agree with Carl, it may not have been the OP's intention but there was a bit of a 'finger wagging' element to the post. Not saying that anyone should attack but I think that the "mean" comments can be reported but it seems that if there is any DISAGREEMENT then people call for a thread to be pulled.

What happened to differing opinions??
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Hey Carl
    :flowerforyou:

Oh wait...this is not a dating website
    :ohwell: :embarassed:

:laugh: :smooched:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

it is what it is to different people

Deal with it
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

it is what it is to different people

Deal with it

Well said Lee.....This is getting old.....
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Basically: "Oh boo! I'm so pretty! I hate that boys hit on me. BUT I WANT ALL THEIR ATTENTION SO I'M GOING TO POST A THREAD ABOUT IT! But don't liiiiike meeeee."
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    No I will not make out with you. Did ya hear that? this girl wants to make out with me in the middle of class. You got Chlorophyll Man up there talking about God knows what and all she can talk about is making out with me. I'm here to learn, everybody, not to make out with you. Go on with the chlorophyll.

Seriously funny!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    @jasper....Love that girl!

Now can we please kill this stupid thread....its becoming tiresome...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    So wait-- I start a topic yesterday that asks men for their opinion on the use of smileys in other communication with men, that really went back and forth rather harmlessly, and Mike shuts that one down....but he has no problem with this one.

Yo, Mike-- ridiculous, buddy.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hall Pass??
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

:noway: Unbelievable :noway:
    ... Because of the truth to it? It's not to call women pathetic. It's to say that there are a majority of women on this site and many people feel insecure about themselves and possibly have been called horrible things in the past. So to hear nice things from someone can be refreshing and cause them to act on impulse. Whoops, hate to consider that women might be human ...
    A woman should be able to express her opinion, - without being called names, insulted, degraded or ridiculed for it. However I believe that there are some foreign countries where that isn't still allowed, I believe they also still stone people to death in those countries.
    I get the feeling that some women would have it that men were not allowed to express their opinions, whether it be in this thread or in private.

Not that I, of course, find it appropriate that people should be picking up on one another in a perverse manner, but seriously, I've read some whack **** from chicks in my activity feed that has gotten them deleted. I really dislike the predominant attitude that only men are creeps. I've noticed a lot of creep dudes in the forums (who I COULD name but choose not to ... *kitten* ...), but there's a fairly equal number of creeper chicks.

here here...i believe the first quote was quite a bit crass, but if we all got down off our moral pedistals for a minute we could see that there IS an element of truth to that...i know being fat all my life I haven't had the best self esteem ever, and any second glance or pretty word and I was in love...sorry, sometimes the truth does suck...and I also agree that women are just as perverted as men are, so why are men the only creepers? I also agree that if you don't want to be hit on and treated like you have only a body and no brains, maybe your picture should reflect that?
This discussion has been closed.