Fieldsy's 8 week biggest loser contest

Options

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if we're supposed to post our weight today, or if the first official weigh-in is next Friday. Here it is, just in case.

SW: 242.6
    Friday (3/18) Weight: 241.6

(AN: I think my body has a thing for 0.6s. I was born at 6.6, my heaviest was 246.6. =/ Maybe I should make my ultimate goal 174.6.)
    The 1st weigh in will be next week, but great job on already losing in the past couple days!

Good thing. I was down yesterday and back up 3 today. Maybe I'll gain 5 more by next Friday and have more to lose! Haha. Did you incur gains like that? Over the last 10 days I went up 5 and back down again. Its all dandy, but I'm trying to just lose, not gain and lose.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once, maybe twice, a week specifically so I don't notice the days I go back up. Body weight fluctuates based on a million little things. I don't need anything to discourage or distract me. I also do measurements in case the scale doesn't budge. ;)
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    1. Fieldsy 210lbs
    2. szieres - 253.2
    3. girlofsun26- 276
    4. Nelski 139
    5. bratgrr1 182.4
    6. louisee294 187.4
    7. live2smyle 199.4
    8. mom2layla09 153.2
    9. se9996a 242.6
    10. twooliver 225.7
    11. jaedynmoon 159.6
    12. jknoell 230
    13. mjf0461 241.5
    14. catycee 260
    15. Neverrgiveup 144
    16. gainskb 140
    17. brit1329 142
    18. CrazySteve 273
    19. purple_punk 218.4
    20. katiehigg 125.2
    21. Jackdaniels1986 249
    22. Thumper44 210

If it's not too late....Good date Fieldsy. I got married last year 05/14.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Okay, the contest is locked. Everyone had to give me a weight to sign in with. The next weigh in for the contest will be BY Friday at noon est time. Since some people like to weigh in at different times, I am trying to make it flexible for everyone. You could post your weight on wed, thurs etc...

When you post your weight, please do the following

Example:
    Starting Weight: This is the weight you signed up with
    Last Week: this is where you post last weeks weight (lets say you weighed 198)
    Current Week: this is your current weight (lets say 195
    Change: take the amount you lost (3 lbs) and divide it by last weeks weight (198) My % is 1.51

When coming up with a percent, only go to the hundredth (x.xx) if needed.

any questions?

have fun!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Good thing. I was down yesterday and back up 3 today. Maybe I'll gain 5 more by next Friday and have more to lose! Haha. Did you incur gains like that? Over the last 10 days I went up 5 and back down again. Its all dandy, but I'm trying to just lose, not gain and lose.

This is most likely due to water weight and/or undigested food. Some food stays with you longer and higher sodium days could make you retain water.

Good luck becoming losers everyone!
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I'm not sure if we're supposed to post our weight today, or if the first official weigh-in is next Friday. Here it is, just in case.

SW: 242.6
    Friday (3/18) Weight: 241.6

(AN: I think my body has a thing for 0.6s. I was born at 6.6, my heaviest was 246.6. =/ Maybe I should make my ultimate goal 174.6.)
    The 1st weigh in will be next week, but great job on already losing in the past couple days!

I pretty much gain about 7-8lbs over the weekend due to sodium and bad foods. It is probably just a 1lb of real gain though.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    when are you starting?
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    when are you starting?

already did
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    so how was every ones weekend?

Nelski and I drank both Fri and Saturday. We went for a long walk on Saturday....gonna have to be good today!
  • SammieGetsFit
    Options

So far, so good! I even resisted temptation last night at a party. I just said no. Ha. The only downside is that it -looks- beautiful out up here in Northern New York , but it's really cold. I think there's something wrong when you're praying for 40 degree (F) weather.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yup, a couple days with indulging but we got in a couple long walks so that helped out. Back to being more disciplined now!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    big heavy dinners two days in a row ... definitely doing the JM No More Trouble Zones right now to make sure I'm under today! My dog hurt her paw and I feel too guilty to walk without her.. I'm considering getting her a stroller :-P
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    lol oh god
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    its my close friend's 21st birthday on thursday :( i'll try to make the right choices we're going to a thai restaurant and i usually over induldge!
    i know i shouldnt have but i weighed myself yesterday im 2lbs up! that sucks cos i have eaten right all weekend and had a kick *kitten* work out on friday, going for another work out tonight so hopefully shed some lbs
  • SammieGetsFit
    Options
    Back to the work-week grind, everyone! Let's stay focused and push! We can do it!!

Purple_Punk...good luck! I don't know if I'd have the strength to resist Thai, but maybe if you tell yourself you can have half-portions it'll help? Focus on those kick-*kitten* work outs and you'll be fine, I'm sure. :)
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    its my close friend's 21st birthday on thursday :( i'll try to make the right choices we're going to a thai restaurant and i usually over induldge!
    i know i shouldnt have but i weighed myself yesterday im 2lbs up! that sucks cos i have eaten right all weekend and had a kick *kitten* work out on friday, going for another work out tonight so hopefully shed some lbs

feel free to weigh in thursday morning then
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Nelski and I drank both Fri and Saturday. We went for a long walk on Saturday....gonna have to be good today!
    My daughter was in town from college. We ate out. a lot. But i am going to buckle down until Friday's weigh in and see if I can undo the damage.

On a separate note, I'm sad because I already miss her and I wont see her again for over a month. we were supposed to have a mother-daughter getaway next weekend but something came up for her at school so it's postponed til mid-April. But I wont turn to food for comfort...
  • purple_punk
    Options
    Back to the work-week grind, everyone! Let's stay focused and push! We can do it!!

Purple_Punk...good luck! I don't know if I'd have the strength to resist Thai, but maybe if you tell yourself you can have half-portions it'll help? Focus on those kick-*kitten* work outs and you'll be fine, I'm sure. :)

thanks, i'm using this site as a lifestyle change not a diet, i can do without fatty foods at the moment so im just going to order stuff like fish and veg no starter except theres salad without the extra junk the big problem would be the vanilla cheesecake that my friend's just told me she's ordered lol
  • purple_punk
    Options

feel free to weigh in thursday morning then

i'll just do it on friday lol
  • SammieGetsFit
    Options

thanks, i'm using this site as a lifestyle change not a diet, i can do without fatty foods at the moment so im just going to order stuff like fish and veg no starter except theres salad without the extra junk the big problem would be the vanilla cheesecake that my friend's just told me she's ordered lol

Oh. You're lucky then. (Save the cheesecake.) Pad Thai is one of my top five dishes in the world. I haven't gotten to a place where I could go to a Thai place and pick something else. Either way, you'll be fine!