Red, White and Bluiz 4th of July Challenge

Options

Replies

• Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Bluiz, I love the onederland challenge! But I'm gonna change mine from 7/4 to 4/19. That gives me 7 days to lose 1 pound! I can do it, I'm knocking on the door! By 7/4, I'm gonna be 185-the lowest I've been since freshman year of college (2005). Thanks for the challenge!

You can do it woot woot!!!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sorry 'been MIA. I was moving, didn't have internet connectionfor days and missed working out for 5 days and my eating has not been good. I lost motivation to exercise....... Congratulations Bluiz!! you all are doing awesome

3/21 Starting weight 192.0
    3/28 193.0
    4/04 192.0
    4/11 193.0
    4/18
    4/25
    50/2 goal>>>>189.0
    5/09
    5/16
    5/23
    5/30
    6/06
    6/13 goal>>>>180.0
    6/20
    6/27
    7/04 goal>>>>174.0
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yesterday warmed up and cooled down before and after each workout plus I drank 12 glasses of water!!

Today's positive mindset: I am much stronger today than I was months ago!!!

i too stretched yesterday before my walk at lunch...i "forgot" to stretch before the treadmill last night and i didnt stretch after either workout...today i'm on IT!!!!! i will stretch before and after each workout today.....

i also had PLENTY of water yesterday.....

i'm still looking good in my new clothes...they fit and they feel great.....
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge to help stay motivated and on track! Hope it's not too late. I'm 36 with two little girls and a husband and look forward to having others going at the same goal to keep me on track. I am working on the weightloss for health reasons. I had a stint placed in my heart at 34 and weighed 190lbs. at the time. I wasn't obese but family genes contributed to my early prognosis. So, here I am to get back on track after falling off the diet and exercise regimen last November. I have a trip I want to take next summer 2012 and I want to already be at my goal weight and maintaining it by that point. So, keep me motivated and stay on me..... please.

Oh, one other question.... what is the reference everyone makes to ONEDERLAND? Please clue me in! : )
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge to help stay motivated and on track! Hope it's not too late. I'm 36 with two little girls and a husband and look forward to having others going at the same goal to keep me on track. I am working on the weightloss for health reasons. I had a stint placed in my heart at 34 and weighed 190lbs. at the time. I wasn't obese but family genes contributed to my early prognosis. So, here I am to get back on track after falling off the diet and exercise regimen last November. I have a trip I want to take next summer 2012 and I want to already be at my goal weight and maintaining it by that point. So, keep me motivated and stay on me..... please.

Oh, one other question.... what is the reference everyone makes to ONEDERLAND? Please clue me in! : )

welcome...please post your weekly weigh in sometime between thurs and monday... i need a start weight too.....ONEDERLAND is when you FINALLY get out of the 200s and dive head first into the 100s - 199.9 and you are in....
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    i'm challenging the following to PUSH themselves harder than ever to break into ONEDERLAND by 7/4/11....
    arw3b3, cambam84, Cyn_125, jklm, justyourtypicalgirl, kris1085, mauck1975, melkneec, sho_barnes

YOU CAN DO IT.....a few of you are just a few pounds away and some of you have a bit more...but push push push....even if you dont make 199 by 7/4 just think how much closer you will be to it once we move onto our next challenge....come on folks....stick it out, dig, push hard to reach this AMAZING milestone.....

bluiz13 - Thank you so much for including me in the "Challenge to Break into ONEDERLAND by 7/4/11" :flowerforyou:
    I really appreciate you taking the time to do the great charts and now you've taken the time to think of those of us who might really need that extra push to get to 199.99! Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    My husband and I participate in an (AWESOME) food co-op, and sometimes we get weird fruits/veggies that we've never had before. Last week we got chayotes. I found a recipe for them and they turned out SO GOOD!!!! So that was my new recipe for the week, here it is if anyone is interested:

2 medium chayotes
    1 TBSP olive oil
    1/2 TBSP dried garlic
    1-2 dashes of red cayenne pepper

Peel, and then slice the chayotes into thin strips. Saute in olive oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and pepper. Enjoy!

Super easy and a super yummy side dish :bigsmile:
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I can't keep up with the challenge right now. I'm sorry but I have to drop out. I will catch the next ones. I will miss you guys!!
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weighed 214 this morning:smile:
    down 2 lbs
    Go me!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    I can't keep up with the challenge right now. I'm sorry but I have to drop out. I will catch the next ones. I will miss you guys!!

Don't do that what's wrong you don't have to worry somuch bout the weekly challenges as long as your doing what works for you they are just extra boosters during the week!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Today's mindset: I love myself no matter what!!

Warmed up and cooled down before the workouts and water is on point daily at 9 so far today!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Today's mindset: I love myself no matter what!!

Warmed up and cooled down before the workouts and water is on point daily at 9 so far today!!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I know I'm starting a bit late but I would like to join this challenge as well. [Just joined the April Move Your *kitten* Challenge on Monday.] Since there's 11 weeks left, I'm going to say I will lose 20 lbs by July 4th. My weigh-ins are Fridays so I'll provide you with my starting weight tomorrow. Also, I'm hoping to break into Onederland within the next two weeks... can't wait!! :bigsmile:
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Don't do that what's wrong you don't have to worry somuch bout the weekly challenges as long as your doing what works for you they are just extra boosters during the week!!

I'm still on track just don't have time to weigh in. I'll be back soon. Lots of work and changes at home. Once I get settled I'll be back to challenges. :)
  • weaziemand
    weaziemand Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say I lost 2 lbs. and that was with me being on vacation to Florida most of that time. I know I didn't eat as well as I could of, but we did a lot of walking. Since this past Wednesday I've been back on track with my eating. I really need to start some exercising.

I see we had some great losses last week, GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

3/17: START WEIGHT - 196
    3/24: 194.2
    4/1: 193
    4/8: No Weigh In - VACATION
    4/15: 191
    4/22:
    4/29:
    5/6:
    5/13:
    5/20:
    5/27:
    6/3:
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/24:
    7/1:
    7/4: GOAL 171
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh, look...another week of zero movement. I don't think I can take it. It's like my body knows when I'm zeroing in on a goal and just shuts down.

3/17/11 207.9
    3/25/11 205.7
    4/1/11 204.8
    4/8/11 203.7
    4/15/11 203.7
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No change this week, but at least it's not a gain! 264 again
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    YAY!!! 1 more pound Gone!!!!

3/21: SW248
    3/28 : 245
    4/4: 243
    4/8: 241
    4/15: 240
    4/22:
    4/29:
    5/6:
    5/13:
    5/20:
    5/27:
    6/3:
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/24:
    7/1: GOAL 230 (Buy Some Nice Jeans!!!)
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3/17: 166.8 (actual 3/20/11 weight)
    3/24: 165.6
    3/31: 165.6 (went up a little...thanks to spring break, then back down. How funny it's the exact same as last week!)
    4/7: 165.2 (If I hadn't gone up a little, I would have thought my scale was broke! I have to get it together & MOVE!)
    4/14: 165.0 (not thrilled...I was 164.2 earlier this week!!! grrrrr!)
    4/21:
    4/28:
    5/5:
    5/12:
    5/19:
    5/26:
    6/2:
    6/9:
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/4: GOAL weight is 140!

Then ultimate goal weight is round 125-130 pounds!
  • msellie37
    Options
    I'm in. I sure need the motivation and I think this will help. I'm kind of in stall. I lost about 80 lbs about 3 years ago and have maintained that weight but can't seem to lose more. I am at 250 now and would like to weigh 230 by the 4th of July, tha's 20 lbs.