Red, White and Bluiz 4th of July Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
this is a carry over from the "marching towards st. patty's day" challenge but new people are more than welcome to join....the thread title was recommended by one of the last group's members, play on my name and the holiday :wink: :laugh: :blushing:

i am denise (bluiz13) and i have been involved in a challenge of some sort since last summer. i find that the accountability of a group and the weekly weigh in keeps me focused and committed.....i started with a labor day challenge, then a new you by new years challenge and we are just finishing up the marching towards st patty's day challenge...i have a personal goal to lose 1lb a week and right now my goal for the 4th of july is 173...this will truly be the lowest i have been in longer than i can remember, maybe high school???? lower than my husband, my children, my friends here in florida and my boss have ever seen me....i also have set a "reward" of sorts to visit with a second plastic surgeon sometime in july once i get into the 170s to discuss a tummy tuck when i reach my goal weight.....

anyway, enough about me....about the challenge...we weigh in weekly - we can decide as a group when we want our first weigh in to be...several of us are coming over from the st patty's day challenge and will bring our "finish" weights from that challenge here as our "start" weights for this one....once we decide on the weighin/report in day, each week everyone will report in their weighin and i'll update a google spreadsheet and also post a chart showing the results for the week celebrating the week's biggest loser and the overall biggest loser to date....hope others join us and stay for the duration...

3/17 to 7/4 is 15.5 weeks...please set realistic goals for yourselves so as not to discourage your progress right out of the gate...if you didnt know it already, slow and steady wins the race, and if you dont believe it, i'm living proof....i have been at this for over 3 years and i'm down 66lbs and none of it is coming back....the time i have taken has given me a chance to make these changes FOR LIFE.....

so anyway, welcome to our group if you choose to join us...i wont close the group once it gets to a certain number like some other threads, the more the merrier.....
thanks,

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate, but I can't imagine what my weight will be on July 4. Do I have to set a goal? Maybe I better not participate. I've been avoiding 'goals', so that there would be less stress.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    you dont have to have a goal....you just have to want to lose and participate...i'm not tracking goals....that is all on you and what you want....please join us...
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    I'll take that challenge. I joined with family members and I'm the only one active on here. I need more support. My weight loss is a little strange, though. So far I lose a huge chunk of weight then have a month-long plateau, repeat.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have yet to do a challenge...so I am gonna give it a try. When do we do stats and such?

I am ramping things up a bit. My goal for July 4th is 165. Yikes! That would be 26 pounds. That is about 1.5 pounds a week, so I think it is pretty attainable! I am gonna push myself. I have a goal of 150 by September 15th (my birthday) and that would put me well on my way!!

i just did the math, and my loss right now has been about 1.38/lbs per week....so I can do this!! I am feeling pretty encouraged right now, thanks, Denise!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am starting at 157

Denise, glad you liked my thread title suggestion :blushing:
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!

I will say upfront that I'm bad at checking in on challenges throughout the whole length of time, but I'm going to really focus and do my best to update here once a week. My current weigh in day is Friday and (sorry) I'm unwilling to change that. I only recently started doing Fridays and they really work for me. I will still update everyone if they choose to do a different day and do my best to check in on that day as well.

I did the math and 1lb/wk = 15lbs would put me at 262, my lowest in at least 2 years. I'm going to shoot for 260 by July 4th.

Will we be doing any health/fitness mini-challenges/goals in between now and July 4th?

Thanks for the challenge, Denise! This will be great for me!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i'm thinking since we are "starting" on a thursday - weigh in day can be anytime from thursday to monday.....so just report to me by monday the 28th for our first weigh in and i'll have the chart up by tuesday the 29th.....i dont want anyone to have to move their day so that gives us 10 days for everyone to get their 1st weigh in after the START on the books....does that sound fair????

@ sarah, yes i would like to do some health/life/fitness challenges...the suggestions can come from anyone....how about you make the first one...it can be whatever you want - water, movement, crunches, fruits, dairy, etc...whatever you decide and then we'll move from there for the next one..
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    This challange sounds good for me ! I am going to say that i want to loose 21 pounds to be at 190 ! I am hoping to be in onederland in april before easter ! So i will post a starting weight soon !
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Okay, since I don't need a 'goal' to participate, count me in! My official weigh in day is Saturday. Should I post weigh-ins here on the board? or by message to Bluiz. This is my first challenge, so I'm new to this.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in. I have absolutely no idea where I will be in July. I have tried over and over again to figure out my goals lmao. So I will say that by July 4th I want to lose another 25lbs. Seems totally fair and reasonable (this is me talking to my body). It will put me at 2/3 of the way done. Also it will put me right in the range for my jump. When I reach 170, I am jumping out of a plane as a reward. Soo Here is to July!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 31 pounds. I think I can do it! And it's my first challenge. Sounds like fun.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Okay, since I don't need a 'goal' to participate, count me in! My official weigh in day is Saturday. Should I post weigh-ins here on the board? or by message to Bluiz. This is my first challenge, so I'm new to this.

yes you post weighin here...i'll keep a spreadsheet updated and post the weekly results for the group to see on tuesday after everyone has reported in...
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm in!! I like the idea of mini challenges coming from everyone!! Count me in! I think I can lose 15lbs by then!! :) --- Love the name! Thats so cute!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    dont forget to post your 3/17/11 starting weight...it can be from now until monday the 21st....
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hi Group!

Denise Thank you again for the invite :flowerforyou: Sounds like a great challenge. Please add me, I'm not sure how much I want to lose by July 4th ? My regular weigh in day is Friday, I will let you know tomorrow. Water ozs. gets my vote on the 1st mini challenge.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Ok kewl i will post my start weight on Monday ! Thanks for doing this challange !
  • bluiz13
    Options
    okay here is who i have soooo far......i do not care how many do the challenge, i just ask that if you sign up you do your best to stay committed...if you dont report 1 week, i will carry your previous week forward, if you dont report 2 wks in a row, i'll drop your name to the bottom of the list and stop tracking you....if you come back i'll move you back up into the list...i cant be hounding for weights so weighing in and reporting in is your responsibility...i'll send our reminder posts that will bring our group to the top of your "my topics" list......i will do my best to get the chart up for everyone to see by Tuesday am...i'm not gonna hold it if i dont have weighins....just because we are starting NOW does not mean new people can not join...the more the merrier i say....so please join us if you are interested...

aflane
    bluiz13
    brendansmom1
    cmpettey
    dixedreg
    Gerkenstein
    FitJ1210
    kris1085
    live2smyle
    marianpp
    melkneec
    rjadams
    sncollin
  • weaziemand
    weaziemand Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. My starting weight is 196.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Im in.
    My weight is 147
    Goal weight in July is 135
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in.
    We are headed to the beach the week of the 4th and this will be a great way to stay focused on my goal.
    Originally, I wanted to be at 170 for the trip but a few plateaus have really stomped that one all up.
    I would like to continue on the path of 2 lbs a week...so I will aim high and say that I would love to be at 178 which would be -32 lbs for the challenge and -80 so far.
    Woot! Let's do this!!
    So, I will post my start weight when I have my end weight for the St. Patty's challenge tomorrow morning!