Red, White and Bluiz 4th of July Challenge

Options

Replies

• thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! It will be my first one for weight loss, so I'm excited! My normal weigh in day is friday so I'll post my weight tomorrow, but I think I can lose 20 lbs by the 4th.

Thanks Bluiz, you are awesome :bigsmile:
  • marianpp
    marianpp Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Maria CW 174 my goal is 1lb per week or more... that will put me 158 or less YEahhh
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be a GREAT group! :drinker:

Hi everyone! Please, call me Sarah. :happy:

Denise offered me to set up our first challenge this week. So I've been thinking about it all day and came up with a little mix. It's all physical tests. Complete as many jumping jacks, push-ups (can be modified i.e. wall, knees, etc.), and sit-ups (crunches are okay too) as possible.

Personally, I'm going to attempt 300 of each throughout the entire week. We won't begin until Monday, March 21, since that's the last day to "weigh-in." So just think about what you can do, modify them if you need to, but don't be afraid to PUSH YOURSELF!!!

Very excited to get to know all of you and drop this weight together!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I'm totally in! My starting weight is 172.

My goal at the end of the 15 weeks is 158.

So we just post our weight here each week?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    great challenge sarah.....i'm in.....hmmmm what should my goal be??? i'm gonna aim for 30 of each a day...so a total of 210 for the week...
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in!! My Birthday is July 2nd so even more reason to stay motivated!

Currently 187.4
    Target weight July 4th: 167.4

thats 20lbs in 15 weeks- seems very doable!
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My weigh in is 218.8 lbs. I would really like to lose 19.8 by then to be in onederland!!! That would be so awesome!! :)

Great first challenge. I am going to try to get 4 sets of 8 in of each everyday. :) ***fingers crossed***
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a trip at the end of summer to be ready for.

Currently 155.6
    Goal: 145.6

Not sure I can even maintain below 150. It seems like I just hover at 155, but we'll see.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :)
    I weigh in on Saturdays for a 7-week challenge I'm presently in. We have 4 more weeks to go. I'd love to have another group already lined up to keep me motivated and this one sounds like a perfect fit. I don't mind a bit changing to Fridays for weigh in, but it's been helping me keep tabs on my friday calories for Saturdays weigh-in.
    My goal is to lose 1-2 lbs a week.
    Was 165 last week. Crossing my fingers that the scales will be nice this week :) Will post my starting weight for this challenge on Saturday. Ultimate goal is between 135-140... so my goal for the 4'th of July Challenge will be 145 :D
    {side note... Still right behind you Shannon! ;) LOL!}
  • Idahoheartmom
    Options
    Me please! I'm new to the 'community' part of MFP.

Never done one of these before.

Please let me know when to report to you my weight- I think I need to know todays, and then one before the 28th? I weigh in on Fridays, so I could post a 3.18 and 3.25 one.
    Goal in 15 weeks= 159lbs. (that is --15.5lbs from my last weigh in- would put me at a total loss of 35lbs!)
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'll post my weight on Monday.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    please give a "START" weight sometime before 3/21....

then please report your weight for the "FIRST" weighin by 3/28....and then subsequently by the following monday of each week...you can have your weigh in day anytime before the monday that fits into your schedule and you can report it whenever you want...i will just take your most recent weigh in and update the chart for tuesday of each week...

so please look forward to a chart tuesday showing all our START weights for this awesome challenge....
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to post start weight...

Start Weight 199.4

Goal weight..174.4 (or less preferably less lol)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    this is what i have so far: if you dont have a number or a day next to your name i havent heard back from you about when your weighin is or when you are providing your start weight.... please get your start weights to me by 3/21 so we can all be on track for the first weigh in chart for 3/29.....
    aflane sat
    bluiz13 187.4
    brendansmom1
    cmpettey
    dixedreg
    FitJ1210 fri
    Gerkenstein fri
    justyourtypicalgirl fri
    kcthatsme mon
    kris1085 mon
    LadyPersia 147
    linda302 sat
    live2smyle 199.4
    louisee294 187.4
    marianpp 174
    melkneec 218.8
    rjadams 157.0
    shannonaufman 172
    sitka7
    sncollin
    thedestar fri
    vkpmusic 155.6
    weaziemand 196
  • bluiz13
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmsRzs_p1FWddGotQ0FMMzZwT1BVZTE2RFFXOXQ0ZGc&hl=en&authkey=CKjenvIJ

here is the link to the google spreadsheet..you all can view it but not make changes or enter weights....i'll update as i get the weights on this thread...i'm on my computer all day at work so i'm pretty good about keeping track....please note, the formulas are not right now cause i dont have everyone's start weight but we'll get there eventually LOL...
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Im in so Monday weigh ins are ok? They normally keep me honest over the weekend!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Im in so Monday weigh ins are ok? They normally keep me honest over the weekend!!

absolutely...
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Denise

My starting weight is 158.2

My goal weight is 144.

That is 14.20 lbs- .92 lbs a week. I believe I can do it IF I stay focused, with this groups help.

Thanks for starting, I am excited!!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    This is gonna be a GREAT group! :drinker:

Hi everyone! Please, call me Sarah. :happy:

Denise offered me to set up our first challenge this week. So I've been thinking about it all day and came up with a little mix. It's all physical tests. Complete as many jumping jacks, push-ups (can be modified i.e. wall, knees, etc.), and sit-ups (crunches are okay too) as possible.

Personally, I'm going to attempt 300 of each throughout the entire week. We won't begin until Monday, March 21, since that's the last day to "weigh-in." So just think about what you can do, modify them if you need to, but don't be afraid to PUSH YOURSELF!!!

Very excited to get to know all of you and drop this weight together!

Sounds like a GOOD challenge, I'll have to think of a goal for next week.
  • Peyton115
    Peyton115 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi there! If its not too late I would absolutely LOVE to join in! I have always wanted to try a group challenge. :)

My Starting weight is: 157.0
    Goal Weight for July 4th: 135
    That's 22 lbs, I think I can do it! Its about a pound and a half per week... We'll see!

So excited for this challenge!