ADVICE NEEDED - "adults" telling me that what I want to do i

Options
1235»

Replies

• DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 27... Live with my boyfriend in our own house. Obviously, I see no problem with the decision of what you want to do, considering that's exactly what I'm doing. And who says you can travel and do fun and crazy things just because you live with your boyfriend??? Do them! And take him along! He's your partner in crime, after all! :)
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Coming from a Christian point of view I think you should be married before you live together.
    But you are an adult and can choose what you feel is best for you. best of luck to you..
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    and you care what your co-workers think.. why?
  • kitchentales
    Options
    and you care what your co-workers think.. why?

It's so much easier to say it doesn't matter what others think vs actually not care what others think. Mostly I needed to get it off my chest, and I've found this community to be very friendly and supportive. Unfortunately I can't edit my post to say that it's also me needing to get things off my chest. Oh well.
  • toalwaysbeme
    Options
    I dont know why you're giving so much energy, credit or validation to coworkers who dont even know you as well as your family does. Honestly you shouldnt even ask them their opinion on personal matters. Im glad your family is all for it and are supportive. If in the future you need to ask an opinion from friends or coworkers remind them that ITS ONLY AN OPINION and NOT THER DECISION.

My son is 22 and I feel Ive raised him to make mostly good judgements and decisions just as your family feels. The fact that youre not rushing into it and have thought about all the nuances that go with it tells me your pretty smart and doing it the right way. So stick to your guns babe and move in with him. That'll shut em all up for a while.

If they dont, then ask them if you can move in with THEM. That'll definitely shut their traps.
  • kitchentales
    Options
    I dont know why you're giving so much energy, credit or validation to coworkers who dont even know you as well as your family does. Honestly you shouldnt even ask them their opinion on personal matters. Im glad your family is all for it and are supportive. If in the future you need to ask an opinion from friends or coworkers remind them that ITS ONLY AN OPINION and NOT THER DECISION.

My son is 22 and I feel Ive raised him to make mostly good judgements and decisions just as your family feels. The fact that youre not rushing into it and have thought about all the nuances that go with it tells me your pretty smart and doing it the right way. So stick to your guns babe and move in with him. That'll shut em all up for a while.

If they dont, then ask them if you can move in with THEM. That'll definitely shut their traps.

Haha, thanks! I like your last suggestion! I may actually put that into effect with some of them, haha.

Just to clarify though - I never asked for their opinion(s). The only people I've asked about it are my boyfriend (obviously), my parents, and my closest friends. If I'd asked for their opinion, it would be a totally different matter. BUT THANKS!!! I am trying my hardest to just ignore it all and not care. And I'm totally ready to just walk away next time someone brings it up at work.
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm currently 31 and have never lived completely by myself. I've always had family or roommates, and now I have my husband. I love them all, but I do feel I missed out on some things by never living alone.

You may have a completely different experience. Or you may look back in 10 years and wish you'd done things differently.

When I was age 22 most people I knew couldn't really grasp the concept that you only get one life, and there are no do-overs. I certainly didn't 'get it' back then. That truth didn't surface until we'd been out of our parents' homes for 5+ years or so.

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.
  • lupuslady
    lupuslady Posts: 99
    Options
    I got married at 21, finacee was 22, 42 yrs ago. I thought he was funny, handsome, smart, and we were very happy for a long time.
    But people change, so if you are happy and want to move in with him I say go for it.

But be very aware, people really do change, the secret is for both of you to change at the same time.

So always talk talk talk. Good luck, move in with him, but put a time limit on how long you will live together without the benefit of marriage.