Twenty Somethings Week 1

Options

Replies

• sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! count me in!

this morning i weighed 147.5 -arghh!- i was 145.5 last tuesday!

B- oatmeal pancake (1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal and 3 egg whites)
    1/4 cup sugar free syrup
    smoothie (recipie below)
    S- dannon light 'n fit yogurt, sugar free/fat free french vanilla drink mix
    L- salad w/ 2 baked chicken tenderloins and fat free balsamic vinaigrette
    S- 12 almonds
    D- not sure yet

smoothie: (150 calories)

1/2 cup skim milk
    1 tbs cocoa powder
    1 tbs vanilla whey protein powder
    1/3 cup part skim ricotta
    3 pkts splenda
    enough ice to make it thick and icy

gosh! i still have almost 800 calories left! i'll prolly have an apple w/ some natural PB and another smoothie later.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    A 20something group, good idea!

This morning I clocked in at 253, same for 2 weeks.

Had an english muffin with peanut butter and a banana for breakfast.
    For lunch I had left over meatloaf slice x2 and a half cup of homemade mashed taters.

Dinner Is going to be boiled tortellinis with mixed veggies.

Today is my arm workout day, so minimal leg/cardio,

35 min running/jogging/treadmill
    and 35 minutes of weight lifting/ strength training. (rowing, curls, etc)

Im going camping this weekend so the good news is lots of activity and swimming galore and hitting the beach, bad news is that there will be plenty of booze and extra days away from the gym starting thursday night!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hello I'm in
    This morning I weighed in at 240

I had 1 slice toast w/cheese wize
    1 cup slimfast shake
    1 apple with penut butter

for lunch will have 1 boul home made vegie soup

for dinner I'm not sure yet:ohwell:

45 min on treadmill
    15 min on stat bike
    15 min strength tran
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yah! Day One!!!!

Okay, so i figured i'd post my meals as I go so I don't cheat...I know me....Anyways, here's what's going on so far:

Weight: 155 (I'm hiding the scale until next week)
    Breakfast: egg whites & diced ham

I just finished restoring a vintage bike & I'm still a little wobbly on riding it but I'm heading out the door now, hopefully avoiding the rain, and going to ride for as long as i can handle it.

Check in with my next meal :smile:

Good luck team!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's Day 1 is going well! I've got a few more hours here at work. Done well so far. Then headed strait to the gym for my workout! I'm pretty sure I'll have extra calories after dinner and may have to have something to cure my sweet craving (darn monthly!:grumble: ). So...might have some Pinapple Sherbert with a little Sugar Free Cool Whip! Yum! :love: But we'll see...I'll post again this evening!

I wish you all luck friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Lunch: Sweet Corn on the cob
    Snack: Apple
    Today I took my new bike out for it's first real ride! I went for about 40 minutes & I definitely felt it! I think i'll do the same tonight :smile:
    63679.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    Options
    bump up!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ok here I go again.. I ate breakfast.. walked to work.. walked at work.. (waitress) then walked 45 min home in this dreaded heat..lol...

START 250:sad:

in 13 weeks 230 :huh:

my ultimate goal 150
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    BUMP!

63679.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just got home from a GREAT workout! 45 minute Step class and 15 minute Ab session...just as I had planned. I will for sure have extra calories so may have some snacks this evening. I'll post either later tonight or tomorrow with what I end up having! Dinner is ready...just waiting for the hubby...
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Well my day started of really well but than I spraned my ankle carrying my 1 year old and than I had 3 small home made chocolate cookies for comfort:sad:

But still did'ny do to bad the rest of the day:drinker:

Hope my ankle is feeling better by tomarrow, its like just when I'm feeling better from being sick last week and having my time of the month somthing els hits me back down and I'm at the starting line once agian:explode:
    But I'm determind to never give up:drinker:

Mary:heart:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have stuck to my guns today and done GREAT! This was just what I needed to get back on track and on the way to success!!

I ate under 1500 calories today and rode my bike 13 miles, plus walked 2.5 miles. I am going to do a little strength training tonight while watching the boob tube!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Good for you Bamboo and everyone else today!

I didn't end up biking to the beach but I DID do two hours of cardio via 2 dvds. A cardio dvd and the NYC Ballet Work out (my new favourite at home work out for sure!) and now I have over 1000 calories yet to consume today :sad: I haven't had supper yet but I don't like having that may calories this late in the day (7:30). I even snuck in a second protein shake AND added a banana. I guess I'd rather have THIS problem than always being hungry!!

Supper is in the oven and it smells SOOOO good. I sauteed onions in some olive oil then added a package of extra lean ground turkey. I drained off what little fat there was then tossed in a red and an orange pepper (chopped), quickly tossed that around, then mixed that in with about a cup (uncooked) of brown rice fusilli and some roasted red pepper tomato sauce. Topped with a little skim milk cheese and it's baking now. YUM!! I can tell this is going to be a recipe we repeat!!

I hope tomorrow goes well for everyone too!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    So, my day is coming to an end and I'm short like 200 calories! :noway: This happens quite frequently on the nights I workout...which is almost everyday. SO...not sure how to break past this...might try to add some more things in during the day. I did end up having a piece of string cheese (70 cal) before dinner and then 1/2 cup of Pineapple Sherbet (100 cal) and 4 tbsp cool whip free (30 cal).

But today was a good day! I consider it a success:drinker: ...just going to work on actually eating those extra calories (which I ate most, but there were still, like I said, about 200 left-over).

Talk to y'all tomorrow! Good night!:bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This is me too... I'm totally full (without feeling like I'm going to burst, although fuller than normal these days) from my WONDERFUL supper (you HAVE to try it if you eat meat!!) and I still have 300 cals. If I have a healthy choice pudding later I'll knock another 100 off that but this is seriously a trend these days. I think tomorrow will be okay because I'll have this casserole as leftovers... And my net cals dropped today after my 2lb loss! hmm.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    This is me too... I'm totally full (without feeling like I'm going to burst, although fuller than normal these days) from my WONDERFUL supper (you HAVE to try it if you eat meat!!) and I still have 300 cals. If I have a healthy choice pudding later I'll knock another 100 off that but this is seriously a trend these days. I think tomorrow will be okay because I'll have this casserole as leftovers... And my net cals dropped today after my 2lb loss! hmm.

Glad I'm not alone. We will have to work on this!

Nighty Night!:yawn:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Dropped a pound

at 252
    Todays breakfast same as yesterday
    English Muffin and peanut butter
    vitamin water today

lunch will be homemade ziti

dinner is soup and grilled cheese (easy so we can pack up for the camping)

Also, Watermelon for snacking! The best stuff on earth. Its real juicy this time of year.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well...last night didn't go so well..lol I have my 2 and 3 y.o. neice and nephew over for a couple days and u know how kids love to snack, so I climbed aboard the snack train myself..lol I don't think it was too awful calorie wise, I never figured it out, but I'm not letting it bring me down. Today is a new day! :)
    So far today just a coffee and 16 oz of water. I'll be smoothie'ing it in a bit! :) Have a great day you guys :)
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Day two! I actually did pretty well yesterday though only got in 25 minutes on the treadmill burning 250 calories...better than nothing I suppose! It stinks though because I have no choice but to get my workout done in the evenings..and some days come 7pm i am just too tired! But at least I got on the treadmill at all..

Today for breakfast..my usual coffee, splenda and french vanilla creamer ( Just can't seem to give that one thing up!) 1 c old fashioned rolled oats

lunch---TBA... lunch is one of those meals I just can't seem to get into..probably just have a bowl of cereal with skim milk

dinner- ziti with homemade pasta sauce..using ground turkey instead of meat, skim milk

snacks tend to be fat free pretzels, and an iced coffee in the middle of the day

hoping tonight to get a better workout on the treadmill..once again..aiming for 45 minutes!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morin.....
    i had did good yesturday. today should be just as good. did an hour on the wii fit this morning. love that thing. when dh got home this morning from work he said we had to be at a steak house before 5 today for dinner. he does pest control on resturants at night. well, he fit in this place as an emergency and the manager is giving us a free dinner tonight for it. :bigsmile: he normally works from 9/10 pm to about 2/3 am. he left last night at 8 and got home at 8 this morning. so needless to say he's sleeping today. so now need to figure out what to get healthy and i think i will eat lunch early so even out my meals today.
    everyone have a great OP day.
    chipper