Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    how is everyone doing?? i'm down 6 pounds! i think i'm going to stay on level 3 a little but longer than any of the rest of the levels. also what have you all been doing when you finish? i think i'm just gonna go back and do each level a different day. i was thinking about adding the 30DS as well but after doing ripped that dvd is kind of boring to me..
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    how is everyone doing?? i'm down 6 pounds! i think i'm going to stay on level 3 a little but longer than any of the rest of the levels. also what have you all been doing when you finish? i think i'm just gonna go back and do each level a different day. i was thinking about adding the 30DS as well but after doing ripped that dvd is kind of boring to me..
    CONGRATS on the 6 poundss!!!! thats awesome to hear and motivational, i think i may try level 3 tomorrow even though im not done with level 2 i need to change it up, i tend to get bored easily. and i know what you mean about 30 day shred, it seems boring now! i do like level 3 of 30DS though, especially the jumping lunges, OUCH, but congrats again girl =)
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Well I am starting lvl 2 today! Woot. Excited to do it after I watched it.

My results from the first week are 1/2 in off my left thigh, 1 inch off my right thigh, and 1/2 off my waist. I also lost 2 pounds but I do a few hours of addition cardio threw the week.

I have a HRM so here is what I burn. I weight 135 and 5'4":
    Day1: 225 (less probably from trying to figure out what the moves were)
    Day 2: 289
    Day 3: 265
    Day 4: 280
    Day 6: 269
    Day 7: 275

I used 5lb and 8lb weights.
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    I know I'm late jumping on board, but I started ripped yesterday.....I completed 30DS about a week ago and I had got awesome results, so I'm curious to see what ripped does for me.

SW-189
    Mini GW-184
    GW-180

Arms-13.5
    Chest-40
    Waist-36.5
    Hips-44.5
    Thighs-25
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    oh myyyy just did level 3! however im going to say, attempted to do level 3 because i could hardly complete any moves, i feel like jillian is like, oh ya, you think your strong? well try to do this! lol but im not discouraged, i just can't wait until i get enough strength so i can get the full benefit of the workout. and it really is a great workout, i tried to do another dvd of hers after and turned it off after 5 min. haha my body was like reallllyy??
  • fattybumchum22
    fattybumchum22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jillian is awesome i luv her 30DS im level 2 first day today and i could literally shower in my on sweat!!!!! Shes brutal but so worth it!!! ive lost 2 inches so far and i did L1 4 times (every other day as i do running/kickboxing/biking and cross trainer) i like variations!!!!
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Started Level 4 today. Oh my gosh it was tough on me but I made it through.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i can't wait to try this! i hadn't realized there was another video out. Big fan of 30dayshred and nomoretroublezones!
  • slm33
    slm33 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey Everyone! A bit of catching up first:

TamiHudson - I did day one of week three today and it was actually quite manageable. I mean, I sweat my butt off, but I could do everything. Jillian does a good job of prepping you in levels one and two for what she asks for in level three IMO

Amyannie - AWESOME job on the 6 lbs! You rock! I've also been contemplating what to do when I finish. I almost want to go back through again but make sure I do all the advanced movements. I'm sure I could kill level 1 by now :-)

Kaileyxoxo - I get bored easily too which is why I didn't make it all the way through 30 DS. 10 days is a lot to do the same thing. I like ripped because it's only 6 days per level. I kind of love level three (mostly because there is much less plank cardio) but more on that later

mislove - Those results are amazing! Great job!

almondbliss - Welcome! Ripped is wonderful, glad to have you on board!

So I was travelling all weekend and managed to still eat well and keep up with Ripped (go me!) but have been MIA on the forums, sorry! I did level three day 1 today and I have to say... it's my favorite yet! I hate anything plank related with a passion so I was SO happy to have much less plank stuff in this level. I made it through with a lot of the advanced options (pouring sweat of course). I'm happy because it means I must be getting stronger if I can make it through this without stopping! Level two was a challenge up until the very end for me so it's nice to feel so accomplished with level three! Tomorrow is weigh in, picture updates and measurement updates so I'm pumped!

Bring it on Jillian!

Anyone on level four want to give me a heads up on what's to come? (I'm looking at you TexasGirl92)
  • sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that level 3 doesn't have the planks! I hate those too! I will be starting level 3 tomorrow.
  • amyannie
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that level 3 doesn't have the planks! I hate those too! I will be starting level 3 tomorrow.

well it has SOME planks...
  • amyannie
    Options
    Started Level 4 today. Oh my gosh it was tough on me but I made it through.

how was it? was it worse than level 3? i've heard mixed reviews... i think i should start it soon... :/
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have quite a bit of weight to lose and was wondering how JM Banish Fat is for that. I need to blast off some of this weight and I want to incorporate something that will do the job. Would you recommend this workout for that? :happy:

Heyy i know this question wasnt for me, but i think any JM dvd you choose will get you results you can actually see and a good jumpstart on your weightloss. The one I'm doing now, ripped in 30 is definately one of her best in my opinion, especially for toning. Its tough but there are beginner modifications while you build your endurance over time. Good luck! =)

Yes, I would recommend Banish Fat for weightloss. It is a great workout, and I am litterally dripping sweat when I am finished! I also agree with Kailey, any JM video should help you in your journey, and Ripped is my favorite out of all her workouts also. I would incorporate Banish Fat with one of her other ones to get great cardio, along with helping you tone. Good Luck with everything!

Thanks for responding. I am currently doing the 30 DS and am very pleased with the results thus far. I'm planning ahead to the next workout and thinking I might want to focus on just cardio to blast off some serious weight before going on to Ripped in 30 and more toning. That's the plan anyways. :tongue:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I think that I am going to move to week 2 tomorrow. I have been doing week one for a while because I can't get to do it more than one day a week. It was hard, but I made it through, so it time to move on to the next level. I hope it does not do me in! :tongue:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Ok... Silly question... Would you consider Ripped in 30 a HIIT training????
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have officially started Ripped in 30!! Had my first workout yesterday.....So far so good!!
  • jchapa83
    Options
    I had a question though, can I skip to any level I want? I just thought L1 was easy for me. I was thinking of trying all levels this week to see which one I like best and go from there.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I think its best to do a week of each lvl. Helps you build muscles in the right spots. If its to easy probably need bigger weights. I use 5lbs and 8lbs depending on what it is. I have 10's too if needed.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    New to Ripped in 30. Just started Level 1 yesterday so I completed D2 today. I am planning on doing 6 days of each level. Even if it isn't perfect, I plan to move through. I'm also doing some run/walk cardio 3 days a week because my BIG goal is to run a half-marathon so I want to keep my running base as I'm doing this. Love reading the posts by others who have gotten further through than me...gives me hope ;-)
  • jchapa83
    Options
    I think its best to do a week of each lvl. Helps you build muscles in the right spots. If its to easy probably need bigger weights. I use 5lbs and 8lbs depending on what it is. I have 10's too if needed.

Ok thanks, I'll try that!