Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    starting level 4 tomorrow! ahhh but i'm starting to get bored with level 3 and it's starting to seem a bit easier so time for a change!!
  • jamieke
    jamieke Posts: 1
    Options
    How many calories do you log for the 30 day shred workouts? Is there a way to figure that out?
  • gshinkle
    gshinkle Posts: 20
    Options
    So I ordered Ripped in 30 from Amazon a few days ago - expected to arrive tomorrow. I work second shift so I won't be able to try it out until Saturday.

I'm lazy and don't want to go through all of the pages so - has anyone seen significant changes using this? I don't doubt that gaining muscle weight might not make the view from the scale look any better, but will I lose a pants size in a month? Has anyone lost a significant amount of body fat or noticed their waists shrinking more than slightly??
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started it last week and will be doing level 2 next week, I need to buy a mat because it is hard to do on my hardwood floor.
  • carmenvo
    carmenvo Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm in week three now and my waist isa bit smaller, but after all it's just a circuit training for 20 minutes so to have major results I think you have to combine them with running or wimming. I'm going to do when I did these four weeks. I'm going to start all over again, but combined with jogging. But I'm not an expert of course.
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    minutes after doing level 4 and i am ALREADY sore!!... but there were a few moves that i was like "wtf does this woman think i am????!?!?" SHES NUTS.... but hey i seem to be looking better :)
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Well I just finished week 3. Omg I hate the duck walks. This was hard week. I was getting to the point I didnt want to workout. But i pushed threw and did all my workouts. I really have noticed that my upperbody is getting smaller. Like my shoulders places where i dont measure lol. I did lose 2 more pounds in the past week but I do a ton of extra cardio too. But here is the calories i burned for each day.

Week 3
    day 1 196
    day 2 231
    day 3 189
    day 4 213
    day 5 201
    day 6 185
  • gshinkle
    Options
    I'm in week three now and my waist isa bit smaller, but after all it's just a circuit training for 20 minutes so to have major results I think you have to combine them with running or wimming. I'm going to do when I did these four weeks. I'm going to start all over again, but combined with jogging. But I'm not an expert of course.

Well, I'm actually looking mostly to tone up as I'm sort of in a weird "skinny fat" zone right now. I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but I really want to add a lot more definition to my body and get rid of the last bit of pudge that I do have.

I honestly firmly believe chronic cardio puts way too much stress on the heart and releases too much lactate into the blood (too much lactate is the reason healthy people drop dead at the gym) so I would not be jogging on top of circuit training. In fact, I only intend to use the 4 week DVD has as jump start and use it intermittently afterward. Jogging also has a nasty way of leaving you more skinny than fit looking.

I'll be happy if these DVDs help me ton up a little bit though!
  • carmenvo
    Options
    I don't have to lose that much either. I could try to lose more, but I did that before and I know what weight I can keep, so my goal is to reach that weight and keep it this time. It may not be the weight I would like to have, but it is the one I can keep with natural sporting and eating behavior. I bought the dvd to work my abs and just push myself to lose those few extra kilos from last winter. Point is that I really enjoy running, that's why I thought about combining them. You think that will be too much?
  • gshinkle
    Options
    I don't have to lose that much either. I could try to lose more, but I did that before and I know what weight I can keep, so my goal is to reach that weight and keep it this time. It may not be the weight I would like to have, but it is the one I can keep with natural sporting and eating behavior. I bought the dvd to work my abs and just push myself to lose those few extra kilos from last winter. Point is that I really enjoy running, that's why I thought about combining them. You think that will be too much?

Have you ever heard of Mark's Daily Apple? I kind of follow his fitness philosophy regarding longer periods of moving at a slower pace combined with strength training. He also incorporates basic moves that he feels we should all be able to perform - including things like pushups, pullups and so on.

I used to be a jogger. I jogged 2 miles 5 days a week. When I picked up the "Primal Fitness" method has Mark calls it, I started just walking more and focusing on strength. I'd say a lot about 5lbs in three weeks when I was jogging. I lost a good 10lbs in 3 weeks when following this method.

You also have to note that heavy cardio is actually pretty rough on your heart and again, increases lactate. When you have too much lactate in your blood, it creates the onset of muscle fatigue and all of that jazz. It really stresses the body and can do more harm than good.

So in my personal belief, I would say that if you're taking on the Jillian Michaels DVDs, try combining it with hiking or long walks as opposed to jogging. It might be safer and less stress on your body.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I agree. I do some jogging but not a ton. More as a body body wants to run so I will run. I go to the gym 3 days a week.

Mon. I do 20 minutes of intervals on elliptical then 20 minutes of strength to my legs, and 60 minutes of walking at a incline on the treadmill which is great for getting your butt tone.

Wed. I do 20 minutes of intervals on elliptical then 20 minutes of strength to my shoulders and arms, and 60 minutes of walking at a incline on the treadmill which is great for getting your butt tone.

Fri. I just do 60 minutes walking on the treadmill for 60 minutes.

I dont think I over do it. I started out with alot less of cardio and as my endurance has really gone up and I dont burn as many calories I do more. I do my cardio and keep my heart rate 150-156.

I think doing cardio along with this dvd is good. And for me it wouldnt be enough just doing the dvd.
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    minutes after doing level 4 and i am ALREADY sore!!... but there were a few moves that i was like "wtf does this woman think i am????!?!?" SHES NUTS.... but hey i seem to be looking better :)
    I did Wk 3 D1 of Ripped tonight and I was thinking the same thing....She is NUTS....I'm just glad she's not standing in my living room in the flesh!
  • carmenvo
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Mark's Daily Apple? I kind of follow his fitness philosophy regarding longer periods of moving at a slower pace combined with strength training. He also incorporates basic moves that he feels we should all be able to perform - including things like pushups, pullups and so on.

I used to be a jogger. I jogged 2 miles 5 days a week. When I picked up the "Primal Fitness" method has Mark calls it, I started just walking more and focusing on strength. I'd say a lot about 5lbs in three weeks when I was jogging. I lost a good 10lbs in 3 weeks when following this method.

You also have to note that heavy cardio is actually pretty rough on your heart and again, increases lactate. When you have too much lactate in your blood, it creates the onset of muscle fatigue and all of that jazz. It really stresses the body and can do more harm than good.

So in my personal belief, I would say that if you're taking on the Jillian Michaels DVDs, try combining it with hiking or long walks as opposed to jogging. It might be safer and less stress on your body.

Ok, that makes sense. I'll look up some information on that method. I'm thinking of doing ripped on one day and jogging on the next. But maybe it is better to combine it with longer walks. Thanks!

@misslove68: the dvd isn't enough for me either. Okay, my abs are getting stronger, but it's just not the overall change I'm looking for. I need that endurance training.
  • gshinkle
    Options

Ok, that makes sense. I'll look up some information on that method. I'm thinking of doing ripped on one day and jogging on the next. But maybe it is better to combine it with longer walks. Thanks!

@misslove68: the dvd isn't enough for me either. Okay, my abs are getting stronger, but it's just not the overall change I'm looking for. I need that endurance training.

Yeah Mark's Daily Apple has a Primal Fitness Blueprint that you can download for free. The bad part is that you have to sign up for his stinkin' newsletter to get the password to download. I have an email account that I use specifically for that kind of crap (one that I never check) so I just used it to get the password to ensure spam didn't get sent to my main account - not that his newsletters are spam, just that I could care less to read them.

On a side note - I'm mildly confused as to why Jillian recommends 5-6 days a week, especially with circuit training? People really ought to be resting in between so their muscles have time to repair. I'd say this should be done maybe 4 times a week - unless your muscles simply don't get sore, which means they aren't breaking down and in need of repair.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did Wk 3 D1 of Ripped tonight and I was thinking the same thing....She is NUTS....I'm just glad she's not standing in my living room in the flesh!

You guys are making me nervous about whats coming.... I'm a bit behind you ladies. I did L1 D6 today : ) But I totally agree! I'm so glad JM isn't actually with me during the workout!!
  • mellissaL
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred video and started it awhile ago but didn't finish. I am going to start it again todday I think and try to do the whole 30 days. How do you guys track this on the excercise piece?
    So the 30DS you are supposed to do 30 days in a row lol? I only do it occasionally. Maybe I should add every other day...
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Ok I have one more day of week 2. I have been doing just a couple of days a week because I do other things during the week. Well...today almost killed me. I haven't felt like this since day 2 of the 30DS.... I am going to have to do this more than once or twice a week to be able to keep my stamina up.... Whew!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 of level 2 yesterday and boy am I sore!!! I think I might change it up a bit today and do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and then 3 more days of Ripped before moving on to level 3. I don't suppose that will hurt my results. Keep up the good work everybody!!!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Ok. Today was no better than yesterday.... I am still going to try week 3 on Saturday.....
  • Wdgibbs
    Wdgibbs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just finished Ripped in 30 over the course of April. I can't say that I am ripped, as I have about 10 -20 lbs more to lose, but I can say that I am toned and I feel better! I wore the same Easter dress as last year when I was 10 lbs lighter. Plus, doing it over the couse of April has made me feel like I can stick with anything now. I am nursing now, but when I stop, I want to follow the meal plan, along with the DVD for 30 days, and I am sure I would notice a huge difference. I have lost 5 lbs and my clothes fit a lot better, but again, I am nursing, so I couldn't cut my calories too low. I think I would have lost more weight had I been able to do that.

I am not sure what to do now....I love circuit training, but am limited to doing a DVD for various reasons. So, besides the 30 Day Shred (which I have done), does anyone have an recommendations? I will probably do 30DS with higher weights until I find something else.