Why are you losing weight?

Options
Ok... so we have a lot of "off color" topics that I'm happy to participate in :devil: BUT let's change it up a lil. Of course if I wanted to check out EVERY SINGLE persons profile I could get the answers but let's talk about it here, another way to get to know everyone. Why are you trying to lose, health issues, social issues?

Myself, of course I'll start off.... I miss feeling sexxxy! Going into a room and knowing I might not (well I never am) be the prettiest girl in the room but feeling sexy in my own skin made me FEEL like the prettiest girl in the room ya know? I also miss the crazy "piano playin" the hubby and I used to do:devil: . Back before I was scared to have the lights on or he might see this roll, and that roll.... I mean there's a million more reasons but lets all dive in... I'm sure I'll get around to it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ok... so we have a lot of "off color" topics that I'm happy to participate in :devil: BUT let's change it up a lil. Of course if I wanted to check out EVERY SINGLE persons profile I could get the answers but let's talk about it here, another way to get to know everyone. Why are you trying to lose, health issues, social issues?

Myself, of course I'll start off.... I miss feeling sexxxy! Going into a room and knowing I might not (well I never am) be the prettiest girl in the room but feeling sexy in my own skin made me FEEL like the prettiest girl in the room ya know? I also miss the crazy "piano playin" the hubby and I used to do:devil: . Back before I was scared to have the lights on or he might see this roll, and that roll.... I mean there's a million more reasons but lets all dive in... I'm sure I'll get around to it :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Im doing it just to simply look better and feel better about myself. Also I want to be an active person, and at least weigh less than my husband hahaha
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Mine was more health reasons. My bp & cholesterol were too high & I didn't want to have to start taking drugs. Well......those kind of drugs. :laugh:

Plus, I was tired of being disgusted with myself.

Now I just use my personality to disgust. :blushing:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Im doing it just to simply look better and feel better about myself. Also I want to be an active person, and at least weigh less than my husband hahaha

Yeh the hubby and I are about the same weight right now too... sad even though we're the same height.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Me...I have always been somewhat "overweight" and never really ate too great. Once I hit my twenties, things changed and I gained extra that I really didn't need. And now that I'm married, my hubby and I both got quite "comfy" if you will. SO...this is a new start to get to a happy weight. I'd love to have kids within the next couple years and be an active mommy. And I would like to be able to wear cute outfits and not the baggy ones I typically wear. I want to show a little skin!!! :wink: Time for me to be happy in my body!!
  • mholmes
    Options
    Mine was more health reasons. My bp & cholesterol were too high & I didn't want to have to start taking drugs. Well......those kind of drugs. :laugh:

All joking aside miss lady ma'am you're very beautiful and so is the lady holding you in the pic. You shouldn't beat up on yourself :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

It was weird for me because I didn't think I looked THAT bad, hence I kept the baby weight on for almost 3 yrs...it felt like my mind and body didn't match (don't know if I was delusional)

I hated shopping for clothes....hated taking pics
    It was only AFTER I saw pics of myself, I was motivated to loose weight, but that never lasted long
    I don't know what the last straw was, but I found this site and started using a food journal for the first time in my life and lost 27 pounds since Jan

Kim
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I was starting to grow out of my pants and I wanted to stop it before I actually grew out of my pants.

Also, I didn't like that I wasn't my drivers license weight any more.

:grumble:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well I have to be honest- I'm pretty superficial. I want to look hot. I want to be sexy to my fiance and I want to look gorgeous on my wedding day. I want to be healthy and fit too, but I can't say that was my deciding factor to do this. I wanna be smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmokin'!:laugh:
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    family history of insulin dependent diabetes,

and to be fitter, faster, stronger for the last few years of being able to play rugby, want to attempt to get near to the level that saw me getting school boy international trials before i tore my body up too badly and had to stop.
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Got tired of using the excuse that it was all just baby weight. The baby is 2!! I started noticing how little I looked in the mirror just because I didn't want to face how much I had let myself go. I decided to commit to this lifestyle change the day that my husband hit 300 pounds. I knew then how much we'd both let ourselves go, and I was much more motivated to helping him get healthy. Sad isn't it? I started MFP in an attempt to help my husband instead of myself. Oh well, whatever works!
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Right before I turned 40, I broke my ankle and the weight started to pile on. 5 years later, I'm 40 lbs heavier. I'm tired of being disgusted with myself.

PLUS--I have a grandbaby coming in November, and I don't want her to see me fat! :smile:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for health reasons. My BP & cholesterol was high at my last dr. appt so I'm taking med for BP and of course I want to look good.:laugh:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go into any regular store in the mall and be able to fit into clothes! The 14 is either too big or too tight in the wrong places, or the 12 fits (kinda) so I buy it because it's smaller...you know how women's clothing is never the same size in different stores. I just want to feel good in my clothes. My sister and I have the same body type and she's a 6/8. She weighs 20 lb less than I do and that's what I want. I love clothes, but on other people. I want to love fashion, but I hate it because honestly, clothes look best on thinner people. Just being honest here.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

All joking aside miss lady ma'am you're very beautiful and so is the lady holding you in the pic. You shouldn't beat up on yourself :flowerforyou:

ROFL!!! You're such a beyotch! I think that's what I wubs most about ya! :smooched:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well I have to be honest- I'm pretty superficial. I want to look hot. I want to be sexy to my fiance and I want to look gorgeous on my wedding day. I want to be healthy and fit too, but I can't say that was my deciding factor to do this. I wanna be smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmokin'!:laugh:

You are too cute! I love it! Totally a fun reason!!! And I'm sure you will be BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For me the reason was a health reason mainly but there is also(an we are almost all guilty) the superficial reason. I wanna be freakin hot with a smokin body!!!!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Me...I have always been somewhat "overweight" and never really ate too great. Once I hit my twenties, things changed and I gained extra that I really didn't need. And now that I'm married, my hubby and I both got quite "comfy" if you will. SO...this is a new start to get to a happy weight. I'd love to have kids within the next couple years and be an active mommy. And I would like to be able to wear cute outfits and not the baggy ones I typically wear. I want to show a little skin!!! :wink: Time for me to be happy in my body!!

I know what you mean! I've never been considered "skinny" (by anyone sober.....) and now that the hubby and I are disgusted with our jobs, it makes it easier to eat bad and not work out......

but.....I would love to feel sexy and confidant and not worry about those hotties out there grabbing my hubby's attention and holding it. :grumble:
  • mholmes
    Options
    I want to be able to go into any regular store in the mall and be able to fit into clothes! The 14 is either too big or too tight in the wrong places, or the 12 fits (kinda) so I buy it because it's smaller...you know how women's clothing is never the same size in different stores. I just want to feel good in my clothes. My sister and I have the same body type and she's a 6/8. She weighs 20 lb less than I do and that's what I want. I love clothes, but on other people. I want to love fashion, but I hate it because honestly, clothes look best on thinner people. Just being honest here.

Yeh... I got some gift cards for my birthday last year and decided to treat myself to some new clothes that didn't come from a thrift store. Well about an hour into shopping for XL's and 14's in the junior department I decided to check out the misses section but didn't understand why none of the clothes fit (the XL's and 14's) were too big. I finally had to stop someone and say "So... I'm 24 and just now admitting I'm not a junior anymore... what size AM I?"
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Also, I didn't like that I wasn't my drivers license weight any more.

:grumble:

Ditto, so true:tongue: