Why are you losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Im doing it just to simply look better and feel better about myself. Also I want to be an active person, and at least weigh less than my husband hahaha

Yeh the hubby and I are about the same weight right now too... sad even though we're the same height.

Well he is taller than me by 6inches and has a lot of muscle... he has about 19% fat on him and hes considered almost to be "overweight' *rolls eyes* He can already lift me with much ease but not for long hahaha
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    in the beginning it was for health reasons diabetes and heart attack start earlt in my family my mom and sister both had their first attacks at 35 i didnt want to do that to my kids

now its the health on the back burner b/c im pretty healthy i JUST WANNA BE SEXY FOR MY HUBBY and wear whatever clothes i want too.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    to look and feel better.. Clothes are getting expensive to keep buying sizes up. I want to downsize lol.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Im doing it just to simply look better and feel better about myself. Also I want to be an active person, and at least weigh less than my husband hahaha

Yeh the hubby and I are about the same weight right now too... sad even though we're the same height.

Well he is taller than me by 6inches and has a lot of muscle... he has about 19% fat on him and hes considered almost to be "overweight' *rolls eyes* He can already lift me with much ease but not for long hahaha
    He claims to have about 2 inches on me, but it's not true at all... We both have thick muscly legs and big boobs and lil beer bellies. Except for the "parts" we're pretty much the same. The only thing keeping me from looking like a man are the "girls", make-up, and long hair :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    to look and feel better.. Clothes are getting expensive to keep buying sizes up. I want to downsize lol.

Downsizing is more fun. :wink: Plus, salesclerks are nicer to you when you're smaller, I've noticed. :huh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Many reasons

-look and feel better
    -keep up with my over active 3 1/2 year old
    -when I got with my ex I was 140 as we started getting serious he would always feed me, and tell me that he loved shape and that I needed to eat more (sabatoge ahhh......) now I am about to finalize my divorce I wanted to make myself happy and "be me again"
    -The navy expects a fit in shape sailor and I owe it to my country and to myself
    -To start turning some heads again lol it's not but not required......
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be healthy. I just felt like I was killing myself with all the extra weight. Just walking up a flight of stairs (22 steps) at work left me exhausted. I was sick and tire of being fat and I wanted to look good in my clothes too.

Betty
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hi

It was weird for me because I didn't think I looked THAT bad, hence I kept the baby weight on for almost 3 yrs...it felt like my mind and body didn't match (don't know if I was delusional)

I hated shopping for clothes....hated taking pics
    It was only AFTER I saw pics of myself, I was motivated to loose weight, but that never lasted long
    I don't know what the last straw was, but I found this site and started using a food journal for the first time in my life and lost 27 pounds since Jan

Kim
    I know exactly what you mean Kim! I also didn't think I ever looked THAT bad...and kept on a lot of baby weight between both my pregnancies. i also always hated shopping for clothes...and could never stick to a real diet. Not since MFP at least. My goal is to get closer to my prepregnancy size.. Which I know realistically may never happen..since I was 18 when I had my son...so probably wasn't even "full grown" yet as it was! But I was once 110 lbs. After I had my son..after much weight gain..I was able to get down to under 130 in 6 months.. Once I had my daughter it was harder to lose weight...and it stuck to me more through out the years. Now that my baby is 6 yrs old...I think it's about time to shed these pounds for good! I also just want to live a very healthy lifestyle and be a good example for my kids as well..I still have a lot of living to do and want to enjoy it !
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    He claims to have about 2 inches on me, but it's not true at all... We both have thick muscly legs and big boobs and lil beer bellies. Except for the "parts" we're pretty much the same. The only thing keeping me from looking like a man are the "girls", make-up, and long hair :laugh:

hahahaha Im scared to loose a lot of weight I like my curves!! I was looking at pics of skinny women .. well from the bottom of their chest to just past the butt and they look like men!! There's no curves at all!! I dont want that! haha
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one in my entire family without diabetes, and I intend to keep it that way. I want to be able to enjoy having a healthy body for once in my life. And now I've got a pretty amazing girl in my life, and I want to look good for her.
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    My # 1 reason for wantin to lose weight is for my girls. I have two disabled girls Amanda,18 and Katy, 14. I want to be able to care for them forever, however long that may be, and I need to be in the best health possible to do what it takes to take care of them and so that my body doesn't just fall apart. I have fibromyalgia, low thyroid and take medication for svt which is a heart tachycardia. So I have alot workin against me but this time none of those things are stopping me. The weight is coming off slowly but surely. I'm also a christian and pastor's wife and I want to represent a healthy christian lifestyle. As such I should have and show control in every aspect of my life including my eating. It feels good to have control and not lose control. KIM
  • mholmes
    Options

hahahaha Im scared to loose a lot of weight I like my curves!! I was looking at pics of skinny women .. well from the bottom of their chest to just past the butt and they look like men!! There's no curves at all!! I dont want that! haha

I'll never lose my curves. Even at size 6 I had the perfect hourglass figure... I've always had fat arms and thighs I'll probably never lose them... I just want my waist smaller and to tone up a lil
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I whole heartedly agree I like my curves. Maybe it's a black girl thing but being a stick figure is not attractive! I'm a woman I'm supposed to have hips and thighs and a sweet *kitten*. I just want less of those things than I have now :laugh:

I'm losing weight to feel better about myself. To feel like I look good in and out of my clothes. I want to only shop in the tall girl store (I'm 5'10") not the big and tall girl store.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    for me i think its been a security blanket.... had a really bad break up with someone i loved more than anything!!! I would have done anything for this guy... except put up with his cheating!!!!! sooo when i kicked him out I told myself no one was gonna hurt me and my kids again... i completely focused on my kids and nothing else and the weight just started packing on!!! 100 pounds fatter and 4 YEARS later!!!! at 273 my heaviest, I felt like crap about myself .... well in January i took a train to go visit some family and when i could barely fit my fat *kitten* in the seat a huge bright light came on in my head.... omg what am i doing to myself????? What good am i to my kids like this????? everything for the kids really???? ..... anyways here i am!! not perfect in anyway still have lots to go but im now 229 and i am starting to feel really good in my skin!!! i had S-E-X for the first time in 4 and a half years on friday!!! and i feel omg so awesome about myself!!!:blushing: I still have lots to go but i am a sexy pretty woman and i deserve all of this!!!! its not just for my kids.... this is for me!!!!
  • mholmes
    Options

I whole heartedly agree I like my curves. Maybe it's a black girl thing but being a stick figure is not attractive! I'm a woman I'm supposed to have hips and thighs and a sweet *kitten*. I just want less of those things than I have now :laugh:

I'm losing weight to feel better about myself. To feel like I look good in and out of my clothes. I want to only shop in the tall girl store (I'm 5'10") not the big and tall girl store.

Haha!! Yep! I like my booty it's not giant by any means, but bigger than most girls would appreciate (see temporary main photo, I'll change it in a couple minutes) and the hubby likes it too. I don't like my thick legs in shorts mainly cause I'm so pale but in jeans I love em haha
  • JayEm47
    JayEm47 Posts: 49
    Options
    i have actually had problems with eating for most of my life. so my main goal is really just to be healthy again...like i was a bout 5 years ago. in my sophomore year of highschool i became anorexic. i weighed 130 lbs and was very athletic but for some reason i thought i was fat. at 5 foot 6 i dropped down to 92 lbs. it took me a little over a year to get back to a healthy weight but i never fully recovered. i actually did a complete 180. i got so used to having to eat everything to gain weight that i couldnt stop. then i began to get depressed about all of the weight i was forced to gain. so like many people i ate to subdue my depression. it has continued for about 2 years now. now i am bigger than i ever was or ever wanted to be so im doing this because im sick of being unhealthy. for me this isnt just about losing weight but about changing the way i think about food and my body.
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    I started out very curvacious in my early 20's (and my body was very bootylicious LOL:laugh: ) but of course when I met my hubby that's when it all went down hill:tongue: ! I think I got too comfortable and I was happy with our relationship! So I felt why do I have to watch what I eat !!:mad: BIG mistake!! Within 2 years I gained a whopping 50 pounds:noway:

Now, here I am age 27 and still very Happily:happy: married... :grumble: But trying to shed all 50 + pounds!

I also, lost the weight to look sexy in my clothes again, stay healthy, change my lifestyle and stay and feel younger!!:bigsmile:

Me striving to get fit is the best thing that I'm doing in my life right now and I won't stop even after I reached my goal!!:bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My # 1 reason for wantin to lose weight is for my girls. I have two disabled girls Amanda,18 and Katy, 14. I want to be able to care for them forever, however long that may be, and I need to be in the best health possible to do what it takes to take care of them and so that my body doesn't just fall apart. I have fibromyalgia, low thyroid and take medication for svt which is a heart tachycardia. So I have alot workin against me but this time none of those things are stopping me. The weight is coming off slowly but surely. I'm also a christian and pastor's wife and I want to represent a healthy christian lifestyle. As such I should have and show control in every aspect of my life including my eating. It feels good to have control and not lose control. KIM

Wow, you've got a lot on your plate! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of reasons....

I haven't ever felt like jaw dropping sexy....and I'd like to get close.
    My daughter, I want her to live a healthy lifestyle.
    My fiance, he loves me for me and how I am...but I know I can make him prouder.
    My students, I am an example to them and some of them tell me they want to look like me!!! No way...not as overweight as I am! Curves are fine but there is a thin line between curvaceous and fat.
    My health, I want to hold off health related issues as long as possible.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    Myself, of course I'll start off.... I miss feeling sexxxy! Going into a room and knowing I might not (well I never am) be the prettiest girl in the room but feeling sexy in my own skin made me FEEL like the prettiest girl in the room ya know? I also miss the crazy "piano playin" the hubby and I used to do:devil: . Back before I was scared to have the lights on or he might see this roll, and that roll.... I mean there's a million more reasons but lets all dive in... I'm sure I'll get around to it :flowerforyou:

M- You are so beautiful! I don't believe for a second you wouldn't be in the top ten count of the most beautiful girls in the room. You might not see it but I'm sure you stop traffic. :wink:

As for me....my mission to loose weight is about the same. I want to feel sexy in a swimsuit. I wanna buy clothes at the regular store. I want to run without feeling like every part of my body is about to break. And what I want most.....to be ready to get it on and have my first thought not be ...."Should I turn off the light or just leave my big baggy T-shirt on?"