Why are you losing weight?

Options

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    i have actually had problems with eating for most of my life. so my main goal is really just to be healthy again...like i was a bout 5 years ago. in my sophomore year of highschool i became anorexic. i weighed 130 lbs and was very athletic but for some reason i thought i was fat. at 5 foot 6 i dropped down to 92 lbs. it took me a little over a year to get back to a healthy weight but i never fully recovered. i actually did a complete 180. i got so used to having to eat everything to gain weight that i couldnt stop. then i began to get depressed about all of the weight i was forced to gain. so like many people i ate to subdue my depression. it has continued for about 2 years now. now i am bigger than i ever was or ever wanted to be so im doing this because im sick of being unhealthy. for me this isnt just about losing weight but about changing the way i think about food and my body.
    In the same boat here! i pretty much gave up eating all together throughout highschool.I would MAYBE eat one meal a day? If that! Of course..when you are in highschool no one really notices because you are so busy ....so skipping meals was never really noticed. I was always really skinny...like you could count all the bones in my body..but I never ate healthy stuff..so when i did have kids and eventually gained weight....a lot of weight at that......it was harder to lose it because the healthy eating habits were never there to begin with! I also felt like I could hide behind the food..big emotional eater here..instead of controlling the depression..I let it control me.. I think you are so right..It is all about changing the way we think of food...and our bodies! We're only given this one body..mind as well take care of it!!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    for me i think its been a security blanket.... had a really bad break up with someone i loved more than anything!!! I would have done anything for this guy... except put up with his cheating!!!!! sooo when i kicked him out I told myself no one was gonna hurt me and my kids again... i completely focused on my kids and nothing else and the weight just started packing on!!! 100 pounds fatter and 4 YEARS later!!!! at 273 my heaviest, I felt like crap about myself .... well in January i took a train to go visit some family and when i could barely fit my fat *kitten* in the seat a huge bright light came on in my head.... omg what am i doing to myself????? What good am i to my kids like this????? everything for the kids really???? ..... anyways here i am!! not perfect in anyway still have lots to go but im now 229 and i am starting to feel really good in my skin!!! i had S-E-X for the first time in 4 and a half years on friday!!! and i feel omg so awesome about myself!!!:blushing: I still have lots to go but i am a sexy pretty woman and i deserve all of this!!!! its not just for my kids.... this is for me!!!!

I put a picture of me on the train with my son in my profile.... omg i look at that picture and its scares me.... the pic in my profile of me with the white shirt is my now picture.... 45 pounds makes a huge difference!!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I have three beautiful children who I want to role model good behavior to...proper eating and exercise. If I don't do it now and stay with it they will follow in my foot steps, the wrong ones.

I want to be healthy and live a long and happy life with my hubby who has always made me feel like I am the prettiest woman in the room from size 7 (when we met) to size 16.(just 6 months ago)

And now, I want to be able to ask my 12 year old daughter if I can borrow a pair of her jeans!! And I finally am!! Hello size 8!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I am NOT one who looks very good overweight. Add weight to my large and manly bone structure and watch the kids scatter and run in fright.:laugh:
    I've never had a great body image and suffered severe anorexia & bulemia in my teens years when I competed in pagents. Not like it was worth it...I never won more than a few.:grumble:
    I gained 80 lbs with my son (curse you Snicker bars) and from there had severely high blood pressure. Because of my weight, I stopped being active and playing sports and realized I was missing out on some of the best things in life.
    So here I am...almost to my goal weight...and am truly experiencing some of the best years ever. .:happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    ..and am truly experiencing some of the best years in my whole life.:happy:

Because of me, huh?? :blushing:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    ..and am truly experiencing some of the best years ever.:happy:

Because of me, huh?? :blushing:

You betcha cuppycake! flort2.gif
  • back2beingme
    Options
    Hmmmm...well, I lost a lot of weight about two years ago, I just got tired of how I looked and felt. I started just by paying attention to what I was eating, and then I started at Curves. The weight just seemed to melt off. I felt good-and I looked good:bigsmile: I was never one to draw any attention from my looks-not the good kind anyway. I liked that I was turning heads and getting compliments:blushing: I felt really good about myself! THEN-my hubby says-let's have another baby! :noway: I thought he was CRAZY!!! Well, we had number three, and now I'm ready to feel good about myself again. I have three kids to keep up with, lots of students to keep up with and I just want to look good in my skinny clothes again!!:tongue:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I typed this whole big story about my life and I lost it by accident!!! :explode:

I'm too darn lazy to type it over again so....I want to lose it cuz I want women to call me a beyotch when I walk by (cuz I'm so darn hot) and I want my girls to learn that eating healthy and exercising is part of a normal lifestyle.

That's it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I woke up one day and realized that I was the same weight as when I delivered my 11lb daughter. :grumble: Two months later I had surpassed that. The final straw was when 4 strangers in a week asked when my baby was due:angry: ...my youngest is 5. Sooooo...ultimately I wanna be drop dead, traffic-stoppin, smmmmmmmokin hot. :blushing: Oh yea and healthy too.:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I typed this whole big story about my life and I lost it by accident!!! :explode:

I'm too darn lazy to type it over again so....I want to lose it cuz I want women to call me a beyotch when I walk by (cuz I'm so darn hot) and I want my girls to learn that eating healthy and exercising is part of a normal lifestyle.

That's it.

Beyotch!!
    :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Options

That's it.

Beyotch

Yeah, yeah! I got my first one!!!
    You're the best soup!! :flowerforyou:
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

That's it.

Lol I was thinking that I wanna be the girl that chicks wanna trip when she walks by. (i cant be the only one who has thought about it) I wanna float. :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Options

That's it.

Lol I was thinking that I wanna be the girl that chicks wanna trip when she walks by. (i cant be the only one who has thought about it) I wanna float. :laugh:

lol, I call women that all the time but in a good way. Like "she's got a killer body, what a beyotch!!" My husband doesn't get it.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

That's it.

Beyotch

Yeah, yeah! I got my first one!!!
    You're the best soup!! :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: and I says that with love in my :heart: !
  • scrumpy21
    scrumpy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    Why???
    health, blood pressure and all the others I will have if I do not do something..
    I want to sit in chairs and fit....
    I want to shop in a regular store!
    I want to fly on a plane, and use ONE seat!
    I want to be sexy to my husband..

I really do not want my 2 year old to eat like me and grow up with a weight problem, I waited all my life to have her, she will be an only child and she deserves the best from me!
    I need to be a positive roll model!

and truth be known, the side effect of being smokin hot when the weight is gone, is really cool too!
    LOL
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Going into a room and knowing I might not (well I never am) be the prettiest girl in the room

I think you got that already love :wink:
  • back2beingme
    Options

and truth be known, the side effect of being smokin hot when the weight is gone, is really cool too!
    LOL

:bigsmile: you know that's the main reason for all of us right?? We are, by nature, selfish creatures!! :bigsmile: Here's to being ssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmmokin' :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

All of us can do it!! You smokin' hot hotties!! :heart:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    umm... cos i'm a fat ba$tard
  • Mireille
    Options

omg...this made me laugh out loud! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options