anyone else just starting JM 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm starting it tonight!! Wish me luck. haha
  • aisenbart
    aisenbart Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 of level 1 last night. I was sore for the first couple of days, but I'm really feeling a lot better. Hopefully it keeps up! I'm still going to do a couple more days with level 1 before moving on. My boyfriend is doing it with me, and it really helps motivate me to keep going, and to do it everyday. MFP and all of you are great motivators as well!! Keep up the good work!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Is anyone attempting the Shred in 30 straight days? I was hoping to, but bailed on it this morning which is my Level 1 Day 7, but I also usually go to Spinning Monday nights so I didn’t know if I should add it after spinning just to say I’ve gone straight 30 days?

Yes, I am attempting to do it 30 days straight, i just finished Day 11 and now on level 2.

I have to be honest im feeling tired from doing it every day but i've lost 4lbs since starting it and today did my regular 5k run before it and i felt a lot stronger so it's definitely helping my fitness.

Level 2 was tough but im hoping after another few days i will have mastered it. I'm going to keep going now - only 19 days left for me :)
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I had intended to do it 30 days straight, but I kind of fell of the wagon a little bit. I missed Friday and Sunday, but I started back again today. I think I might do level 1 a few days longer because I still struggle through that first circuit with the push ups and jumping jacks.
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    Just finished Level 2 today and GOOD RIDDANCE! I hate the V strength exercise I BARELY make it through and all the plank stuff is just obnoxious. Idk my results yet for this week because I am bloated thanks to TOM so I am going to measure as soon as I get un-bloated lol!

I will let you know how Level 3 is tomorrow =)
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did Day 2, Level 2 today, and I agree- its rough! A friend of mine said she thinks Level 3 is actually easier than Level 2. We shall see!
  • chicalatte
    Options
    I did Day 2, Level 2 today, and I agree- its rough! A friend of mine said she thinks Level 3 is actually easier than Level 2. We shall see!

I heard you get the most results out of Level 3 I am excited to see!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    did L1D5 today. was much easier and always feel lighter at the end.
  • chicalatte
    Options
    Did Day 1 for L3 and OMG It kicked my *kitten*! But I def enjoyed it more than L2 (although I miss the walk out pushups! A lot easier than the traveling ones)
  • amazingmummy
    Options
    Can't wait to get to level 2! 5 more days to go.
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    I just finished Day 5! I had to skip yesterday because I was not feeling well... so much for trying to do it for 30 days straight... :( I'm thinking about adding in a few of her other workouts as well, but I'm not sure how sore I'm willing to be in the mornings. Any suggestions on some extra workouts to add in with 30DS?
  • amazingmummy
    Options
    L1D6 done. getting better at it each day. but not quite there as yet. still do push ups on my knees. get out of breath on circuit 1 cardio. i must say my body is looking firmer. now i am not doing just the shred. but i think strength training is the main factor working its magic. i really want to work on my upper body and core strength. hopefully will soon be able to do pushups from feet.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Just finished Day 13

Level 2 is tough!!!

Only 17 more to go...hope everyone is still going strong.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 13

Level 2 is tough!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! I just finished Level 2 Day 3 (or day 13) I'm not doing consecutive days, but I'm only taking 1-2 days offa weeks, just depending on my energy and how busy I am!

Keep it up!!!! I'm excited to hear your results!
  • amazingmummy
    Options
    Just finished Day 13

Level 2 is tough!!!

great going! i am so looking forward to level 2 and see how i will fare on it. right now i have to master the level 1 tho.
  • amazingmummy
    Options
    L1 D7 done. That feels great. I tried to do the push-ups on my feet today. failed to do it on the second set. Anterior raises are getting easier. but still have to drop the weights down during the last set of squat and lift. while i was doing cardio on my elliptical i saw the level 2. wow that looks challenging. i think i am going to do it a 2-3 times without weights and then try and do them with weights. anyone else still following this thread? there are so many of these shred threads it is difficult to decide which to follow. but since i started posting on this topic. i will keep it all in here. Goodluck!
  • chicalatte
    Options
    L1 D7 done. That feels great. I tried to do the push-ups on my feet today. failed to do it on the second set. Anterior raises are getting easier. but still have to drop the weights down during the last set of squat and lift. while i was doing cardio on my elliptical i saw the level 2. wow that looks challenging. i think i am going to do it a 2-3 times without weights and then try and do them with weights. anyone else still following this thread? there are so many of these shred threads it is difficult to decide which to follow. but since i started posting on this topic. i will keep it all in here. Goodluck!

Yeah my thread is dead lol
    I am on Level 3 (Day 3) but I'm treating today as Day 1 because I had TOM and my food and exercise schedule got all jumbled up.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 2 Day 4 (I think) today, now that I'm further in I find it's harder to keep track of the exact day I think I'm going to be taking Sat and Sun off from the Shred, though. :( About 3 days ago I notice that the outside of my left knee was really hurting when doing any of the squat exercises. It's progressively gotten worse and now it's still throbbing more than 3 hours after my workout.

I would normall take Sat. as a rest day and start the Shred up again on Sun. I think, though, with the knee pain I'm going to switch it up. I'm going to do my Leslie Sansone videos instead. And I'm not going to take tomorrow off. I'm worried that taking Sat. off completely and then just doing the walking video on Sun would make me lose a lot of progress and I don't want that to happen. So I'm going to try to do both days of the lighter, lower impact video. Hopefully this will keep some of my endurance up (so I don't need to go back to Level 1) but also give my knee a bit of a rest. I might throw in a couple arm work-outs, too.

Does this sound good? I don't want to stop the Shred, but I also don't want to really injure myself to the point where I can't exercise at all for an extended period of time.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    @jenni268 - think you are making a wise decision if you have a niggly injury - you don't want to injure yourself for a long time.

I just finished Day 15 Level 2 - half way now only 15 more to go.

Can't wait for level 3 though, im getting bored of level 2 now.

Excellent work everyone :)
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Day 16 done. Phew...only 14 left to go.

Anyone seeing results?